• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: MCC Halo 3 in 1080p/60FPS Glory - IGN First

logikk

Neo Member
I never understood why people hate the IGN player so much... It always works for me, and is 60 fps. Sure it may not be the best thing ever, but doesn't seem too terrible to me.

As for the Halo footage, so hyped!

IGN player has never failed me before, why has it failed me now :( I was really looking forward to seeing the gameplay, but after 3 minutes of waiting it is still trying to catch up...

Hixx

Am I the only one that never has trouble with their player? Watching right now looks <3

Nope. Always works fine for me!

-

Game looks really nice. I think Halo 3 was the first game I posted on GAF about and someone shouted at me for saying there was a fight before the end of the second level that was tough. A fight in a Halo game is a legit spoiler, it seems.

Anyway I can't wait for the MP in 60fps. The middle two weeks of November are going to be crazy.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
IGN should release their player as a benchmark... it brings top end PCs to their knees better than crysis ever could

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
The video playback is very poor on my end. Lots of hitching on two different PCs. IGN Video Player really is quite the mess.

Doran902

I don't want to buy a system to replay games i still own but i'm probably going to buy a system to replay games i still own. Hrnnnnghh.

Madness

IGN video player whyyyyyyyyy

Seriously, for the amount of money and views/advertising they get, their video player is shit. Wasn't even working at all a little while ago.

Footage looks so smooth and crisp. I'm going to need all Halo campaigns and multiplayer at 60FPS guaranteed everytime now. Just seeing Halo 3 at 60fps is great.

Akai__

lhjhbB9.gif

graphics look the same, but the 60 FPS is noticeable right away

not really worth buying a new console for when I can play all the series on my 360.

why the hell did they not include reach and ODST?

THEF3AR

One of the comments on IGN says, "The first two cutscenes of Halo 3 has more story in them than Destiny does."

Lol.

Noobcraft

Video ran perfectly fine on my HTC One (m7). Video was 60fps and looked great. I've only ever played Halo Reach/4 (lttp on Xbox platforms) so I'm excited to see what all the fuss is about.

I set it to 1080p in the player's settings, and let it buffer fully (my connection is good) but, it doesn't look very good. Lots and lots of jaggies. It looks like Halo 3 at 640p, so I don't know what's going on my end. Oh well, hope it turns out nicely as I'm excited for the game.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
graphics look the same, but the 60 FPS is noticeable right away

not really worth buying a new console for when I can play all the series on my 360.

why the hell did they not include reach and ODST?

Hmm you realize they remastered Halo 2 right, and a bunch of maps, and every game is now 1080p/60fps (aside from H2A SP), and that Halo 1 is now playable on Xbox Live, and that the Halo 1 Anniversary remake is included?

There are a few reasons to jump in. :p

Top Bottom