• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo MCC PC Tech Details Shared by 343i & Splash Damage; Team Says Straight PC Port Doesn’t Cut it

McCheese

How many people are interested in it still at this point? It feels like Halo as a franchise is becoming increasingly irrelevant.

I remember playing MCC on the One S, doing that Silent Cartographer level one last time for nostalgia and being like 'yup that's Halo' and not touching it since. Back in the day, folks were crying out for them to bring the series to PC as a simultaneous launch thing but man, it doesn't really feel like people talk about Halo anymore, I can understand the MCC on the Xbox 4 years ago, but today, given the current PC space has moved so far on with FPS titles. I don't know what they are predicting in terms of sales, but it's surely more of a curiosity title than the AAA big-hitter they are expecting it to be.

This is probably where I find out everybody else is still nuts about Halo and I'm completely wrong.

Last edited:

Dacon

Banned
This is probably where I find out everybody else is still nuts about Halo and I'm completely wrong.

We all make mistakes, Halo has a massive community, that's constantly hungry for more content. There just wasn't anything great on offer with Halo 5.

There's nothing on the market like Halo; not even Halo 4 and Halo 5 managed to capture what Halo is.

It may seem "another" fps, but it's just a very peculiar fps, one that does so many things right, and no one else has been able to replicate that ever since.

Some like the multiplayer aspect, some the lore, some others the open sandbox-like desing of the gameplay, the A.I., and so on. Personally, while having played on pc for decades now, I still think about Halo as one of the best fps experiences I've had. No other fps had that "gameplay loop" and that same (restricted) freedom. No other game lets me have a great challenge while playing coop with my friends, while still letting me handle the enemies anyway I want (and if some of you has some games to recommend that come close, please educate me).

Besides, in this "games as a service" craze, Halo Reach would have been a perfect candidate.

It had all those crappy games can't seem to offer: a compelling singleplayer (short but highly replayable thanks to coop, arcade mode and modifiers), a big pvp, a great pve, tons of community features (theatre mode, stats, file sharing and such) and on top of that, a progression system that worked very well, coupled with daily, weekly and monthly challenges.

It was effectively a legit "GaaS" game while still being complete package right at day one, no bullshit.

Last edited:
Reactions: RSB
Top Bottom