• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo MCC will be getting updated in Spring

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
....and dare i say after how good the relationship has been with Minecraft and Nintendo we see MCC on SWITCH!....i dont care what you all say iam going to keep on dreaming on

With crossplay...I would buy a Switch and double dip, no questions asked.

I bet they would release it only on Windows store and you wouldn't buy it :p

Hey I bought Killer Instinct and GeoW4 on the Winstore! :D

Although honestly, I regret my Winstore KI purchase just because I really want a real .exe for that game.

wwm0nkey

Hopefully the extra info drops today or tomorrow, but I have seen /r/halo bring back some old bug lists, hoping 343 is looking at those.

i would buy this for sure

I would put my hand in fire that its gonna happen. Think about it, they make games play anywhere now, they're investing a lot of $ to fix this game... What would be the best way to recoup most of that cash? Releasing it to a whole new and much bigger audience at the same time maybe?

They'd have to be completely retarded to not not take advantage of this perfect storm moment.

wwm0nkey

I would put my hand in fire that its gonna happen. Think about it, they make games play anywhere now, they're investing a lot of $ to fix this game... What would be the best way to recoup most of that cash? Releasing it to a whole new and much bigger audience at the same time maybe?

They'd have to be completely retarded to not not take advantage of this perfect storm moment.

Hoping we just get a solid yes or no on the topic soon. I also have hope and it really REALLY seemed like it was in the cards at one point but then was dropped.

Blam

Boy did I regret Microsoft's strategy push to bring exclusives on Xbox &Win10 to happen well after MCC.

This is likely one of the best and last chances to bring MCC on PC. Hope dies last.

tbh they'll screw it up regardless if it was on the PC or not. I'm just waiting on the Halo Online mod now since it's next update is supposed to revamp forge, and the entire mod.

wwm0nkey

tbh they'll screw it up regardless if it was on the PC or not. I'm just waiting on the Halo Online mod now since it's next update is supposed to revamp forge, and the entire mod.

If MCC comes out on PC, I will probably never look back at Halo: Online ever again besides being one of the weirder Halo projects that got canned.

Blam

If MCC comes out on PC, I will probably never look back at Halo: Online ever again besides being one of the weirder Halo projects that got canned.

Not sure if you've kept up with the progress they've had with it, but the new forge has Prefabs, Magnets, Searchable forge, material swapping all of the items, etc. Also a shitload more items are now available to forge with. It's actually getting pretty close to H5F. Just needs scripting which I could see happening with how things are going so far now.

But regardless I'm pretty sure they'll just move to MCC if it comes out. I'm waiting to see how it all turns out, but I dunno. Since it's made up of all the veteran Halo modders. I know they know what they're doing.

dc89

Played a little of MCC online the other week.
Had no issues getting a few matches in. Just a shame what happened, happened and that the game and community suffered for it.

wwm0nkey

Not sure if you've kept up with the progress they've had with it, but the new forge has Prefabs, Magnets, Searchable forge, material swapping all of the items, etc. Also a shitload more items are now available to forge with. It's actually getting pretty close to H5F. Just needs scripting which I could see happening with how things are going so far now.

But regardless I'm pretty sure they'll just move to MCC if it comes out. I'm waiting to see how it all turns out, but I dunno. Since it's made up of all the veteran Halo modders. I know they know what they're doing.

Oh I have, I give the mod team a lot of props actually, just for me if Halo 1-4 (less of 4) hits PC, I don't have that big of a reason to play Halo Online. Forge stuff they are doing is nuts though.

Blam

Oh I have, I give the mod team a lot of props actually, just for me if Halo 1-4 (less of 4) hits PC, I don't have that big of a reason to play Halo Online. Forge stuff they are doing is nuts though.

Oh yeah definitely I mean I'd switch as well. It's just shocking to me that a team of unpaid modders is able to get their mod to be on par with and if not in some places surpass a contracted development team. Some places better then 343, and in most better then Saber. Clearly ms needs to get their contracts out in check since they've never done too hot. H5F on PC has less players then ElDewrito which is shocking imo. H5F should have been a huge game on PC, but like most of Microsoft's outsourced works it ran like shit and played like shit.

Haha flashbacks to the timed bombs and the nukes. Those were some times.
We're probably better off with Hugeass left in the past.

Oh man. That was my go to map in pretty much all of 2005-2007 playing custom edition lol.
That and Chaos Gulch. Driving warthogs as the gunner and sniper tank rifles. Good times lol.

FyreWulff

One of the things that needs to be address for sure is the ability to select your emblem for Halo 2 and 3. 3 it's less annoying, but in Halo 2 the emblems are front and center. everyone having a similar emblem makes Halo 2 unreadable while in MP.

TaterTots

Banned

If they release it on PC through the Windows store only they can keep it. Like GoW 4 it would be nearly dead on arrival. I highly doubt they would let a FPS be crossplay like Gears. For good reason imo.

Trup1aya

I spent $100 trying to get the H2BR after failing to get it after playing so much i got sick of the game. Still didn’t get it and gave up on the game. :/ blah, Don’t want that shit in H6

Why though? There are an abundance of nearly identical BRs. And you are guarunteed to unlock everything just by opening silver and gold packs in order. No purchase necessary.

That said, MCC doesnt have anything to be placed into lootboxes, so i wouldn't worry there.

H6 will definitely have them.

wwm0nkey

Why though? There are an abundance of nearly identical BRs. And you are guarunteed to unlock everything just by opening silver and gold packs in order. No purchase necessary.

That said, MCC doesnt have anything to be placed into lootboxes, so i wouldn't worry there.

Yeah MCC wont get them, but Halo 6 is 110% going to have them for sure. I don't like warzone much so it doesn't bother me (I also have everything unlocked in Halo 5 after that microsoft rewards error)

Yeah MCC wont get them, but Halo 6 is 110% going to have them for sure. I don't like warzone much so it doesn't bother me (I also have everything unlocked in Halo 5 after that microsoft rewards error)

MCCs priority first and foremost is fixing the problems, everything else will probably be done if theres time and money left.

Best to keep your expectations in check for this.

H2BR isn’t really identical. It’s much better than the other BRs in my experience.

Have never bought a loot box in halo 5 but got up to level 130 something . It takes a ridiculous amount of gameplay to unlock everything, I’d probanly have to play a few more 100 hours to do it.

Halo loot boxes aren’t the worst though since you are guaranteed non duplicate cards in each pack. They’d be completely out of place in MCC though.

wwm0nkey

MCCs priority first and foremost is fixing the problems, everything else will probably be done if theres time and money left.

Best to keep your expectations in check for this.

Oh all I am really expecting is bug fixes. My only extra hope is for a PC version but I know that is a pipe dream at the moment (though imo it would make sense)

Space_nut

Been playing Halo 2 and the graphics are still great

qTTRKad.jpg

2sgwTPp.jpg

dCxz5Kf.jpg

A70tEM4.jpg

KWzBulT.jpg

M7LsOaD.jpg

QgVGwK8.jpg

fTTVYkv.jpg

vjivKUV.jpg

aQxYY7a.jpg

blakep267

Probably won't get 6 until 2019. 2018 being a send off for Halo 5 and the revival of MCC makes since imo
The halo 3 additions to 5 are the sendoff. 6 will be 2018. MCC is a forgotten game that's not going to make people not yearn for a new halo game. There's really no reason to market halo 6 this early. The MP is likely gonna be built upon the foundation of 5 and the campaign wouldn't be shown off until E3 anyway

blakep267

H2BR isn’t really identical. It’s much better than the other BRs in my experience.

Have never bought a loot box in halo 5 but got up to level 130 something . It takes a ridiculous amount of gameplay to unlock everything, I’d probanly have to play a few more 100 hours to do it.

Halo loot boxes aren’t the worst though since you are guaranteed non duplicate cards in each pack. They’d be completely out of place in MCC though.
100 hours isn't really a lot unless you mean you aren't really gonna play the game. What I mean is no you aren't gonna unlock everything by playing an hour every few days for 3 months. But you can get close to 5-8k req points easy if you do a Warzone match and use a req boost. And that's 20 minutes

Man, H2A was great. H1A looks pretty poor in hindsight.

100% this.

Halo 2 Anniversary is how you remember Halo 2 looking, H1A just looks like someone wanted to redo all of the assets just for the sake of remaking them to look like Halo 4... it absolutely killed the game's mood for me.

Although I do like the new lighting in The Library.

wwm0nkey

100% this.

Halo 2 Anniversary is how you remember Halo 2 looking, H1A just looks like someone wanted to redo all of the assets just for the sake of remaking them to look like Halo 4... it absolutely killed the game's mood for me.

Although I do like the new lighting in The Library.

I didn't mind CEA too much and yeah The Library NEEDED those changes, but H2A is much better with how it retained the style while upgrading the visuals.

Top Bottom