• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Overdoziz

Banned
I agree completely, but, maps like Warlock should NOT have BR starts. The most frustrating thing is when you go 18 and 18, and the rest of the team is - 20. Its not that fun.
Warlock should have BR starts. It shouldn't have eight players on it at the same time, though.

Copying what I posted over there...
--------------------------------------------------------

My friend and I played 2 custom games in H2A together, passing party leader to each other with no problems. Tried to get a BTB but didn't, chalked it up to being lunch time on a Wednesday. Went into slayer and got a 4v4 on Halo 3 High ground. All 3 games felt buttery smooth. The H2A BR feels like it was buffed up.

Still can't join a custom game that has started. Also, no after-match lobby, even though they had one in the Halo 5 beta. Joining games in progress-losing this ability is a huge step back for my game play, and had better be addressed if 343i and Microsoft want my continued support.
--------------------------------------------

I do enjoy the new backgrounds, they make the game seem more dynamic and sophisticated. Also reminds me of Reach.

So #weback or #wegoodenoughback?

#wenearlyatyouraverageindiepcgame'slevelofmatchingpeopleingamestogetherbutnowherenearnovember11thlevelofpromisesmadebasedexpectations

I like Truth's updates in that you can nade Sword to your person and the movement options let you go from spawn to top mid, but Midship just does not work in the confines of H5G's sandbox - everything becomes way too open and there aren't enough movement options compared to, say, Empire.

Completely disagree

Propipes on Warlock would be amazing

Completely agree

jem0208

How much better is 2's hit detection? It was absolutely horrible before.

Better but not perfect from my experience. Could have been a bit of lag though. Not sure.

It's kind of "cool", but I'm not sure how long I'll be able to enjoy that style of background. I like my MP menus very chill and relaxed.

It almost seems a bit hectic. I think it would be better if they slowed it down a bit.

Ramirez

Is it worth buying again, Henery? Bout the only person here I trust on the subject.

The multiple reports of games ending before the score reaching the total has me wary.

daedalius

Is it worth buying again, Henery? Bout the only person here I trust on the subject.

The multiple reports of games ending before the score reaching the total has me wary.

Played like 5 games with a party last night and didn't have any end early, played more solo before that and none ended early.

I did have one halo 3 game end before it started last night, but that was the only hiccup.

dwells

Depends on what style of play you like, what playlists, and what games. If you're a competitive player and looking to play Halo 2 Classic, wait. If you're more casual and okay with uneven teams, quitters, lag, and SMG spawn/other bad gametypes, it seems to be better.

I'll be playing later with a team of four so that'll be the true litmus test and I'll report back after that but the three games I played solo earlier all seemed to be on dedicated servers/very good hosts. Search times were vastly improved, BTB took about 3 mins, H3 a minute, H2C found a 4v4 almost instantly.

Ramirez

I'll be playing later with a team of four so that'll be the true litmus test and I'll report back after that but the three games I played solo earlier all seemed to be on dedicated servers/very good hosts. Search times were vastly improved, BTB took about 3 mins, H3 a minute, H2C found a 4v4 almost instantly.

Cool, I've seen your journey with this game, so if it satisfies you at the end of the day, then I'll know it must be vastly improved.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Anyone going to be at PAX East? I'll likely be at the ESL Arena Stage the entire time for the Season 1 Finals. Come say hi if you're around.

Anyone else's game keep dropping them out of BT Halo 3.

almost eveytime halo 3 is picked in big team my game craps out and goes to the results screen :c

Haruko

yup ill be there too. glad there will be something other than MOBAs this year for competitive games. seemed like LoL and LoL clones dominated last year.

That reminds me, with no Riot booth this year to contend with, hopefully the finals will attract a good # of people

Haruko

A lot of cross-play games between Win 10 and XBone announced at GDC. Pretty cool that it seems to include cross-buy (get it for one device, you have it for both).

One of them is a "shooter + MOBA + RPG" mashup (Gigantic).

Not sure we'll see it for first person shooters, but I wouldn't be totally surprised if Halo 5 ended up with it.

Overdoziz

Banned
Game works now yay
ricochet
5v5 on tiny map
radar
smg starts
suicide.gif
suicide.gif
suicide.gif
suicide.gif
suicide.gif
suicide.gif
suicide.gif
suicide.gif
suicide.gif
suicide.gif
suicide.gif
suicide.gif
suicide.gif
suicide.gif
suicide.gif
suicide.gif
suicide.gif
suicide.gif
suicide.gif
suicide.gif
suicide.gif
suicide.gif

Kssio_Aug

With this new update I'm in the mood for Halo again. I was taking a look at the "roadmap" in xboxachievements.com, and found this update here:
"UPDATE: The activation and utilization of negative scoring skulls such as “BANDANA” and "SCARAB" will no longer void any achievements related to mission completion and campaign completion. Unfortunately, these skulls will still void Par Time and Par Score achievements."
That said, can I play co-op with my friends or alone using those skulls just for fun and still get every achievement but the score related ones?

Fuchsdh

With this new update I'm in the mood for Halo again. I was taking a look at the "roadmap" in xboxachievements.com, and found this update here:

That said, can I play co-op with my friends or alone using those skulls just for fun and still get every achievement but the score related ones?

I don't think that's only new as of this update, but yes. You can get any achievement that's not tied to score or time (so "Complete a mission with the Prophet Birthday Skull" or "Kill all the Elites on "Keyes"-type achievements within each level aren't invalidated).

Kssio_Aug

I don't think that's only new as of this update, but yes. You can get any achievement that's not tied to score or time (so "Complete a mission with the Prophet Birthday Skull" or "Kill all the Elites on "Keyes"-type achievements within each level aren't invalidated).

Amazing! Thanks to confirm it!!

Holy shit, I figured it out. Halo 2 back on Original Xbox was a shitty game until April of 2005. The 1.1 update that finally made the game great, came out April 18, 2005. So, expect MCC to be fixed, with Ranks and playlists working properly by April 18, 2015.

343 are so dedicated to the Anniversary experience for Halo 2, that they are recreating the update/patching cycle, "Exactly as you remembered it."

de93d4d4a4.jpg

Impala26

So...

When is someone going to traverse the hinterlands to find wherever Clique's been hiding so he knows that the MCC is now in a "serviceable" state so that he can start setting up the weekly MCC Throwdown again?

XD

But of course the patch would "ninja drop" this week just when I was in the planning stages of:

0qpMXne.jpg

...with Gringo Suave again. Literally whipped this up a mere hours before the patch dropped last night, lol.

A sudden family issue and poor planning sabotaged the first go-around. C'est la vie... to be put on the backburner once again then ladies and gents?

RdN

Please tell me that you forgot to joke at the end of your post... Please!!

I had a few instances of rubber banding, which were brief but annoying and had host migration twice, which resulted in really bad lag after.
But my experience was mostly

But with that said, my experience was mostly positive today. Quick matches, not a single one ending prematurely and most of the times, no lag.

Madness

Is this a glitch or did they actually change it? I won't lie and say I'm not tempted to do some legendary run throughs with the zero scoring skulls on. I just don't have the time/patience to do them normally anymore, kudos to those who can.

TheXbox

Game looks sorely tempting now that it kinda works. I might look into this after finals are over as long as they get Halo 3 working the way it should (audio, aim acceleration, updated maps). I miss Halo so bad :(

Any word on the netcode? Is it still shoddy? I thought the game ran on dedicated servers.

TheXbox

lol so did thousands of other suckers out there that believed their bullshit... Me included
Man. I mean, it's great they got matchmaking up to a functional state, but looking at it there's still a heap of problems with this game. No ranks, no servers, a myriad of issues with customs, campaign, and co-op... I haven't kept up with Halo much since the MCC dropped and it seems like every week I hear about more people having more issues. I have to wonder of they'll ever fix it all, or even come close. What's the point once Halo 5 is around the corner?

Leyasu

Banned
Man. I mean, it's great they got matchmaking up to a functional state, but looking at it there's still a heap of problems with this game. No ranks, no servers, a myriad of issues with customs, campaign, and co-op... I haven't kept up with Halo much since the MCC dropped and it seems like every week I hear about more people having more issues. I have to wonder of they'll ever fix it all, or even come close. What's the point once Halo 5 is around the corner?

Yeah I wonder just how much energy they will invest in this as well? They have already stated that the p2p will stay. So that side of things for them is obviously acceptable! As to the rest, like you said, now that the matchmaking is functioning, they will now move on to other things with the game.

Such a shame.... Especially for those that are not interested in Halo 5

jem0208

Ehh, I've had a pretty damn good experience with servers. I'm pretty sure I've played on dedis for every match today.

Also I can't believe the gaming side thread, apparently lack of emblems makes partying up pointless.

That's good to hear. Sounds like it's been smooth for most people. I wonder if future patches will come more frequently now that the main issue is dealt with? All I'm waiting for is for Halo 3 to get fixed before I pull the trigger.

The next patch will be April according to the bog post which went out with the patch notes.

Also there's not a whole lot wrong with 3 as far I can see, what's apparently broken?

TheXbox

Ehh, I've had a pretty damn good experience with servers. I'm pretty sure I've played on dedis for every match today.

Also I can't believe the gaming side thread, apparently lack of emblems makes partying up pointless.
That's good to hear. Sounds like it's been smooth for most people. I wonder if future patches will come more frequently now that the main issue is dealt with? All I'm waiting for is for Halo 3 to get fixed before I pull the trigger.

Yeah I wonder just how much energy they will invest in this as well? They have already stated that the p2p will stay. So that side of things for them is obviously acceptable! As to the rest, like you said, now that the matchmaking is functioning, they will now move on to other things with the game.

Such a shame.... Especially for those that are not interested in Halo 5
now that I think about it they really need to save face with this game. Even if the population will be eradicated once H5 drops its a huge blight on 343's reputation if MCC remains broken. They'll never fix everything, but like it or not I think they're obligated to ensure the game reaches a polished and 100% playable state.

And honestly I think they do care. I've been outspoken about how much I loathe Halo 4, and there isn't much 343 has done that I particularly care for, but I know Frankie and his ilk are genuinely good people. Something fucked up with MCC and they have to take responsibility for that, but I think they want to make it right. I hope they do, anyway.

Madness

Next patch isn't till next month. So you're looking at April for whatever comes in the next content update.

So could I get the Legendary/LASO achievements using them?

Sordid

Had a good experience with the patch this afternoon but tonight it's been host migrations and people shooting me through rocks. I tried my first ranked game & it matched my rank 1 against a 48 and a 46. I got pumped :(

Top Bottom