• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

Is a Light Rifle shot an instant kill anywhere on the body if the target is unshielded?

Also, if Forerunner weapons use hardlight technology then why don't all the projectiles move at the speed of light? The Binary Rifle does and it's strong enough to destroy vehicles.

Is a Light Rifle shot an instant kill anywhere on the body if the target is unshielded?

Also, if Forerunner weapons use hardlight technology then why don't all the projectiles move at the speed of light? The Binary Rifle does and it's strong enough to destroy vehicles.

When was it ever said that Hardlight travels at the speed of light?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Look, you are meant to be thrilled that Dani has privileged access to something. Why can't you just go along with it and be 'teased', bro??

That's a rather cynical and rude position to take. Never mind the incorrect assumption you are making.

I understand what Bobs is saying (and he's wrong too about what it is) but at the very least he's not being rude or indirectly hostile about it.

And Bobs, I explained earlier that the ETA was out of my hands. The original intent was a reveal today but there's been a setback out of my control. We're waiting on information and the greenlight from another party before we can proceed.

There's nothing particularly privileged about the project. It's the biggest undertaking for the staff at FUD and we've approached it rather humbly and with sincere gratitude.

The teasing is just meant to be fun and light. But I'll stop it now since it's obviously rubbing some folks the wrong way.

That's a rather cynical and rude position to take. Never mind the incorrect assumption you are making.

I understand what Bobs is saying (and he's wrong too about what it is) but at the very least he's not being rude or indirectly hostile about it.

And Bobs, I explained earlier that the ETA was out of my hands. The original intent was a reveal today but there's been a setback out of my control. We're waiting on information and the greenlight from another party before we can proceed.

There's nothing particularly privileged about the project. It's the biggest undertaking for the staff at FUD and we've approached it rather humbly and with sincere gratitude.

The teasing is just meant to be fun and light. But I'll stop it now since it's obviously rubbing some folks the wrong way.

Its only rubbing me the wrong way
(yeah laugh it up Elzar)
if its not Halo 4 related. It would just be weird to take advantage of the hype here to draw attention to something else. I know you well enough to know you wouldnt go out of your way to selfishly hype up a personal project in that way - but even if its something like a 343 interview, perhaps people here wont find the lead up worth the hype and may feel a little betrayed by the teasing.

If its Halo 4 related tease more! Its just hard to want to go all detective mode on something which may ultimately be out of scope of what im excited about. If I know I should be excited for it I will absolutely go CSI on the pictures and so on. Now that I know its more than a 343 interview and know enough background context to know its something unique - I actually want you to hype more. :p

Just took a look in the spoiler thread for a brief moment...
3889-my-eyes.png

Nah, I didn't see too much, but I have come to the conclusion never to even consider stepping in there again. Must fight urges.

Noricart

It's a bit early, but is anyone estimating the projected time between Spartan Ops Seasons 1 and 2?

Edit: that was poorly worded, but why bother

Akai__

Oh god my university starts again tommorow. At least I have sth. to do before Halo 4 comes out now. :p

Stream was okay. I'm still not convinced on Infinity Slayer and on the "new" point system in general.

eeblogue

Neo Member
EGL seems like a weird little league, checked out the site and there was like no information.

These 'pro' gamers are nowhere near the best the UK has to offer for sure - would be interesting to see what would happen if the league was more popular and competitive.

Well the league is pretty small as it has only been up and running for a couple of years. Their website is poor I must say, but most of the information regarding their events gets posted on the community forums like decerto.net and haloforum.eu.

The players you just watched were the best in Europe though as the two teams just finished first and second in Halo Reach event, some of the players have placed top16 at previous MLG events.

I must say default Halo 4 looked extremely slow compared to MLG Reach settings.

L1NETT

Oh god my university starts again tommorow. At least I have sth. to do before Halo 4 comes out now. :p

Stream was okay. I'm still not convinced on Infinity Slayer and on the "new" point system in general.

Enjoy Uni :)

I thought the EGL stream was quite good, enjoyed how people were enjoying it!

---

Oh and watch out for Ninja's Twitch stream chat. Stay well away.

It's a bit early, but is anyone estimating the projected time between Spartan Ops Seasons 1 and 2?

Edit: that was poorly worded, but why bother

I'd say at least a year from launch, but my understanding is that we're not promised a 2nd season at all. It depends on how the initial season is received, and how popular it is.

CyReN

Vanilla is fine from watching.

I REALLY hope MLG doesn't try something before the event, leave the game as it is for the event.

Homeboyd

Are there any legitimate videos of the new MP map out there
(Vortex)
? I've seen a few off-screen vids and some that have been taken down/reposted, etc.. Just curious. Figured we'd have to wait for the IGN vid.

MinkTANK

Banned
So glad I decided to skip EGL today, I would've been mighty vocal about the commentators.

Also: After 2 years of lurking, I almost cried when the reply button worked.

GhaleonEB

Poking my head in to ask a question.

Back at E3, 343 released a trailer for Infinity, about the player progression suite that spans War Games and Spartan Ops. The version mentioned at HBO, on 343's Youtube channel, is set to private now. The best version I can find on youtube is here, but I'd like to find a non-watermarked version. Anyone know where to find one?

I've added the new BTS to the OP, BTW.

Edit: I think I just found it on the press site. I'll upload my own youtube version if that's it.

Booties

Banned
So glad I decided to skip EGL today, I would've been mighty vocal about the commentators.

Also: After 2 years of lurking, I almost cried when the reply button worked.
Congrats on being able to post this amazing comment. Just so you know, I don't even think I ever read this thread once before I could post.

TheOddOne

Poking my head in to ask a question.

Back at E3, 343 released a trailer for Infinity, about the player progression suite that spans War Games and Spartan Ops. The version mentioned at HBO, on 343's Youtube channel, is set to private now. The best version I can find on youtube is here, but I'd like to find a non-watermarked version. Anyone know where to find one?

I've added the new BTS to the OP, BTW.
The old trailers are all up on the Xbox press site under videos.

MrDaravon

Well less than 24 hours to Double XP and I have yet to see any gamefuel in stores.

I saw a couple of cases of Double XP Mtn Dew at Walmart mixed in with mostly non-XP cases about a week ago, but that's all I've seen. It's just regular Mtn Dew right? I miss Game Fuel, which makes me a terrible person.

Amazing Mic

Neo Member
I'm pretty happy with the playlists. I hope they try to keep things that pared-down throughout the game's lifecycle if possible. Probably DLC and title updates and people whining for dedicated SWAT, Snipers, etc. will fuck things up.

Only downer is that we finally get a dedicated CTF playlist for the first time in forfuckingever and the CTF rules are changed to be, on paper, far less appealing to me.

I'd be completely on board w/ this if the one damn playlist I love was not the one that got axed. Shame because it doesn't even need a huge population. Fingers crossed that the populations stay high and they can give me 2v2 some time after launch.

Otherwise, very much happy with everything I've seen. Can't wait.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Its only rubbing me the wrong way
(yeah laugh it up Elzar)
if its not Halo 4 related. It would just be weird to take advantage of the hype here to draw attention to something else. I know you well enough to know you wouldnt go out of your way to selfishly hype up a personal project in that way - but even if its something like a 343 interview, perhaps people here wont find the lead up worth the hype and may feel a little betrayed by the teasing.

If its Halo 4 related tease more! Its just hard to want to go all detective mode on something which may ultimately be out of scope of what im excited about. If I know I should be excited for it I will absolutely go CSI on the pictures and so on. Now that I know its more than a 343 interview and know enough background context to know its something unique - I actually want you to hype more. :p

It's teased here because this is the community I've been most active in for the past five years and I feel it will be relevant to the folks here.

I can be a little more specific about what it is not. It is not a review of Halo 4 nor an interview with any Microsoft employee.

Top Bottom