• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

unsc_display_screen_wallpaper__v2_by_echoleader-d57izpy.jpg

Assault listed on the right hand side under "simulation types". This wallpaper has assault listed so perhaps we do not have confirmation of assault being out as yet?
Lolol First Duncan23 & Now Jr. "Fan Art" yo
Edit: No Spoilers/Leaks? IamdisappointGAF
:p

The LE comes with the skin for the Recruit armor and the skin for the Assault Rifle, as well as an avatar skin wearing the Recruit armor/skin and a cryo tube prop. You also have access to 8 specializations once you reach level 50 instead of just the two Halo 4 gives you at first (faster ranking and quieter footsteps or something).

With the season pass you only get the Strider/Scanner helmets.

Its like they took every bad queue from how others have managed dlc and did the same thing. Different season passes, etc.

i343, this kind of shit pisses people off. Just give the LE the season pass and call it a day. Fotus armor only with a $400 console?

Cmon Bro.

Oozer3993

Damn it, I didn't know the LE version was sold out everywhere. I'm used to LE games being easily available on launch day. Do you think i'll be able to pick one up at a midnight release without a pre order? The only one i've found online is this one, but I doubt i'd get it on 11/6.

http://www.frys.com/product/7192382?source=googleps&gclid=CIOE5ZejgrMCFQMFnQodZHMAFg

What's my best bet for getting a LE copy on launch day?

From what I've read, Frys is out of stock. You can place an order, but you'll get an email telling you it's back ordered. Your best bet is probably Walmart at midnight.

Edit: lybertyboy'd!

Redford

aka Cabbie
Only maps that have struck me as decent..

+Solace
+Haven
+Ragnarok (will probably be tarnished by the mantis)
+Vortex
+Abandon (barely)
+Adrift (barely)

Hope the default maps for the forge maps are any good.

We've been told that some retailers are holding back a small supply for closer to launch.

If my standard pre-order wasn't a gift I might have picked it up at launch on impulse. Boo...

Ryaaan14

Banned
Only maps that have struck me as decent..

+Solace
+Haven
+Ragnarok
+Vortex
+Abandon (barely)
+Adrift (barely)

Hope the default maps for the forge maps are any good.

If my standard pre-order wasn't a gift I might have picked it up at launch on impulse. Boo...

wut

Oozer3993

Could you fill us in with some playlist info please?

I doubt 343 has actually settled on the launch playlists yet. IIRC, the launch playlists for Reach were in flux until nearly the release date. The playlists should be all server side, so they can be worked on up until the last minute.

feel

I just realized we have not seen the Mantis teabag in any released gameplay footage of it.
For shame, people, why not take advantage of its best feature?
In the video from this morning with the guy showing off all the weapons and vehicles in forge he did the teabagging with the mantis.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
I've been working 14+ hour days on the weekend (i.e. in my "free time") trying to remove links so innocent Halo fans aren't spoiled. So, no I don't always have time to feed on every sentence that gets typed by every member of this forum.

Fuck.

DJ88

We've been told that some retailers are holding back a small supply for closer to launch.

Awesome, that's good to know. Thanks!

From what I've read, Frys is out of stock. You can place an order, but you'll get an email telling you it's back ordered. Your best bet is probably Walmart at midnight.

Edit: lybertyboy'd!

Thanks for the heads up, was close to ordering it from there. I'll keep the Walmart option open though, it worked at the Halo 3 launch.

I've been working 14+ hour days on the weekend (i.e. in my "free time") trying to remove links so innocent Halo fans aren't spoiled. So, no I don't always have time to feed on every sentence that gets typed by every member of this forum.

Fuck.

Gotta work harder, I got spoiled bad :(

Appreciate what you're doing that though, being spoiled sucks :(

Fuck.

You guys do a great job, often thankless in terms of the vocal feedback you receive. For the record I'm not expecting 100% of everything I personally want and I'm seriously hyped for Campaign and Spartan Ops as well as a fresh multiplayer.

I just happen to be a very hardcore objective guy with flag and bomb dedication. It would be great to receive information about assault but I understand you are all fighting fires with the recent leak and fast approaching launch.

One thing to note though is you don't have a monopoly on long or hard working hours, many of us sacrifice the same blood sweat and tears in our jobs/lives too.

No dedis
No custom game browser
No ranking system
No 60fps
No dropping flag/flag juggling
No sprint disabling
No text +10 disabling
No colors or terrain editing in forge
No multi-party theater viewing

yall can add more I'm going to go take some lexapro.

I bolded the ones that I really thought would be in the game. I just don't understand how some of them didn't make the cut, at least as a custom option. So bizarre. 60 FPS, custom browsing, etc would be nice but I would wager would never happen, at least on the 360.

That was my emblem. I miss it. =(

Fuck.

Damn. I can't imagine thats a good feeling for multiple reasons. =(

Ramirez

More like 40% really, not crazy about the last two as noted.

I was pleasantly surprised at Vortex, looks like a solid BTB.

Pointless to rate the maps, or even have thoughts about them at this point. I initially thought Countdown looked horrible & Boardwalk amazing, when I played them, CD became one of my favorites in Reach & BW became one of the most hated, lol.

Kuroyume

Banned
No assault either. Has that been confirmed?

Btw, trying to contain the spoilers seems like a waste to me. It's out there. Game is still far off. It's done.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

Fuck.
It's not said enough -- here of all places -- but thanks for all your hard work. I appreciate your effort, talent, and dedication.

Redford

aka Cabbie
Pointless to rate the maps, or even have thoughts about them at this point. I initially thought Countdown looked horrible & Boardwalk amazing, when I played them, CD became one of my favorites in Reach & BW became one of the most hated, lol.

I knew BW was garbage from the start but yeah, you're probably right about that.

(Complex looks too sprawling, though I would be happy to be wrong)

JHall

You can play assault using the "grifball" game type. You can make it have an arm time and defuse time instead of it being an instant arm.

It's not the exact same, I know, but it's better than nothing.

Ramirez

I knew BW was garbage from the start but yeah, you're probably right about that.

(Complex looks too sprawling, though I would be happy to be wrong)

I agree that it's suggest player count of 4v4 just seems...wrong, guess we'll see.

Also, you guys done made Ellis quit GAF!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I agree that it's suggest player count of 4v4 just seems...wrong, guess we'll see.
Yeah, it seems too compartmentalized, with lots of broken sight lines and hiding spots. Seems better for 6v6 or 8v8.

You can play assault using the "grifball" game type. You can make it have an arm time and defuse time instead of it being an instant arm.

It's not the exact same, I know, but it's better than nothing.

Well, no. Grifball in Halo 4 is played with the Oddball skull. There is no arm and defuse time for the Oddball skull.

Monocle

Fuck.
Personally, I really appreciate the way you and Frankie stay in touch with the Halo community through GAF.

Redford

aka Cabbie
I didn't see any of it myself, but people who saw it on a stream yesterday were saying it was like the last wave of Invasion (capturing a core and taking it to an extraction point)

Maybe this is the 1-Flag replacement?

If true that's pretty cool then.

Top Bottom