• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something interesting about Flood mode is that there's no sprint for the infected. Don't know if that means that there is a custom option to somehow get rid of sprint, or if there's something they can toggle in the backend for gametypes, but it's something.

Well considering how MUCH you get slowed down when you're sprinting and getting shot; you'd basically never get any kills with the sword if you were slowed down to the same effect.

It would go from a power weapon to useless.
I've done a number of run up melees so far so I doubt that.

Karl2177

Didn't say on the phone. I'm not sure. Team Slayer maybe?

I remember when Reach launched, the mall Gamestop had 2v2 and 4 player FFA on Guardian and Pit the whole time. The big issue was that it was all on one screen. For Anniversary, they didn't even do anything like that. And at the new location, I'm not even sure where they could do it. Depending on when it starts, want to team up(unless it is FFA)?

willow ve

Line art looks really nice

Well considering how MUCH you get slowed down when you're sprinting and getting shot; you'd basically never get any kills with the sword if you were slowed down to the same effect.

It would go from a power weapon to useless.

It would just go from a power weapon to a close quarters ONLY weapon. Which is what the sword should be... Not a long range weapon that can potential take out a DMR or BR user from 50 meters away.

Yager

Banned
Here's my GT in case anyone wants to play: LTF Yager.

Now that Halo 4's going to be available for everyone, seems like the perfect time to join the Halo-GAF community!

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Following that logic; a power weapon that kills everybody on the map instantly is also fine because it's a power weapon which are supposed to be powerful? I'm not saying I think the Sword in Halo 4 is overpowered, the contrary actually, but this kind of logic makes little sense. Power weapons need to be balanced just as much as normal weapons, they can't allow you to rack in a big amount of easy kills just because they're power weapons. People bring up that argument way too often.

No shit. I'm not saying make it unstoppable but I'm also saying that you should be rewarded for getting it.(Unless it drops at your feet because you were lucky to be there lol) Its use should be dominant but only in very specific situations.

Also, it seems like the lunge has been shortened. Shit seemed so useless on the MLG stream.

BigShow36

Hey Frankie, do you know if the stores who sell early get in trouble? Is there any way to even track that?

No shit. I'm not saying make it unstoppable but I'm also saying that you should be rewarded for getting it.(Unless it drops at your feet because you were lucky to be there lol) Its use should be dominant but only in very specific situations.

Also, it seems like the lunge has been shortened. Shit seemed so useless on the MLG stream.

I agree; the sword would be pretty useless if it had the sprint slowdown.

Amazon shipped my LE. (USA). Should arrive tomorrow. Why can't I get things early like everyone else? Oh well, back to classes and apartment hunting.

Amazon shipped my LE. (USA). Should arrive tomorrow. Why can't I get things early like everyone else? Oh well, back to classes and apartment hunting.

My LE order from Amazon (also in the US) still hasn't shipped. It's already noon, but it still says Nov 6 estimated arrival. I am...nervous.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Best of luck to you Amazon folk.

The only time (and last time) I got anything from them with release day delivery was when I got Halo Reach, and that day was so unnerving waiting for delivery there is no fucking way I'm putting myself through that hell again.

At least you're all getting a kick ass armor skin if nothing else.

willow ve

Shit is making me nervous - UPS usually delivers around 11:30-12:00... it's almost 3 and I don't have my shipment that was going to come in today.

Starting to worry that I should have bought local instead of release date delivery from Amazon.
huge-mistake.gif

Best of luck to you Amazon folk.

The only time (and last time) I got anything from them with release day delivery was when I got Halo 3 ODST, and that day was so unnerving waiting for delivery there is no fucking way I'm putting myself through that hell again.

At least you're all getting a kick ass armor skin if nothing else.

Amazon hasn't failed me yet with release-date delivery for a few dozen games over the last few years, but...I wish they'd mess up in my favor and send it early! Lucky UK GAF!

Project

Quite a bit off topic, but tomorrow is a glorious day for many reasons. I'm not an American, but I am quite interested in the election, so I can't wait to see who you guys elect. For any of you who are Full Tilt players, I am sure you're aware that the website re opens tomorrow (which means I will finally get access back to over $200) :D. And the most important thing, HALO 4. Can't wait. I'm counting down the hours. I'll be on tonight at midnight, playing war games first, then will beat the campaign on thursday with some buddies.

If anyone wants to play, feel free to send me a FR.

"The God Project"

Following that logic; a power weapon that kills everybody on the map instantly is also fine because it's a power weapon which are supposed to be powerful?

I'm pretty sure CyRen used the "It's a power weapon" to defend the Halo 2 Sword as well, maybe the most broken Halo weapon to ever appear in regular matchmaking. Instantly ready from weapon swap, insane lunge range, infinite ammo...

DesertFox

First Episode of SpartanOps is viewable on Halo Waypoint.

Probably shouldn't watch... temptation is unbearable... but didn't they say there are campaign spoilers

SpOps takes place after campaign. Don't watch until after you complete that.

Right - avoiding that like the plague then :D

Korosenai

So I ordered the ost le when it was announced, but then cancelled it about two weeks later.

Just got an email from omega records saying my package was shipped, so apparently I may get a free le ost.

Their I'm in love with Halo was much better, but I enjoyed that all the same.
Really liked the line-art and earlier sketch.
FOTUS is terrible all by itself, don't worry.
The distraction medal is so silly it's hilarious.
God I can't wait! Will be tomorrow before I get it going by the package tracking.

So I kind of missed this discussion, but I feel no one brought up this point. The slowdown mechanic does not take you down to normal walking speed; therefore, when getting shot while sprinting, you still move at a speed somewhere between walk and sprint. Now, apply this to the sword: while sprinting at someone, you still gain ground since you can move towards them faster than they can move back. The sword would still be useful with the slowdown mechanic, you might just have to be a bit more careful with your positioning (as you should.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom