• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frankie wasn't kidding about the weapon icons. Twice now I've gotten a personal ordnance that I thought was going to be a railgun only to find a beam rifle.

If you click the settings button you now have the option of selecting a specific quality setting and letting it buffer. This is a work in progress and will be updated over time.
It just shows auto for me (if you're referring to the browser one). Unless that's what you mean by work in progress.
Which I'd argue with from a customer usefulness standpoint. But yes, iterative process and all that.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
It just shows auto for me (if you're referring to the browser one). Unless that's what you mean by work in progress.
Which I'd argue with from a customer usefulness standpoint. But yes, iterative process and all that.

On mine I have choices between auto and 480p. What browser are you using?

You'd think they would have a vested interest in making sure their browsers weren't out-of-date, likely more insecure pieces of standards-bucking crud.

Then again IT guys tend to be some frightfully egotistical people.
Typically they aren't updated because they have employees using a ASP.NET site or something similar that they only built for some old version of a browser and they never update it.
Frankie wasn't kidding about the weapon icons. Twice now I've gotten a personal ordnance that I thought was going to be a railgun only to find a beam rifle.

I can't tell the difference between the Shotgun and Scattershot icons.

I had more fun today in a single game of CTF on Ragnarok, then I ever did on any game in reach MM.

I am also pretty impressed in regards to how the game handles JIP.

DeadNames

Banned
Can anyone confirm or deny the original Halo theme in the game?

PM if needed. It's all I gotta hear.

And the menu suite is great. Tops Reach by miles.

The Waypoint redesign is a tremendous improvement. Just checking my Reach stats, I can now see individual playlist numbers, the medal display page is Bungiefied (a good thing) and everything is running much faster and slicker overall.

I also noticed that the fileshare page has a 'rendered videos' tab. Will Halo 4 have video rendering?

-----------------------------

That was a nasty overkill from Snipedown but the lack of a snipe headshot medal just deflates it somewhat. I feel it's one of the great iconic Halo medals and one of the best 'feeling' ones to get.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

I can't tell the difference between the Shotgun and Scattershot icons.
What did Frankie say about this? Just that it can be confusing? Based on the footage I've watched, I feel like I can tell everything apart. I still get caught up on the Light Rifle versus the Binary Rifle sometimes, though.

heckfu

Banned
CONTEST TIME

I'm feeling generous today AND I want some lols. Contest ends Friday and the prize is simple:

I'll PM you a code for a War Games Season Pass.

The contest? I want Ellis and Frankie incorporated in this video somehow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxX2Xqhj8co

Best entry by Friday, November 9th at 8 PM EST wins.

....go

Akai__

Okay, I don't know if this already got solved, but I have some new Forerunner glyph's:

SWeEE.jpg

ZGhYj.jpg

SVn2d.jpg

ONO77.jpg

f3RmJ.jpg

Somebody merge them together, pls. We have already these:

1nQHt.jpg

I heared that this code will unlock armor or an armor set, but I'm not sure if this is right.

Halo 4 tv ads everywhere in Spain, shit is crazy.

*cries*
Not in the U.S. lol.
What did Frankie say about this? Just that it can be confusing? Based on the footage I've watched, I feel like I can tell everything apart. I still get caught up on the Light Rifle versus the Binary Rifle sometimes, though.
If I recall correctly it was part of his explanation for why there is no secondary weapon icon in the HUD, simply saying that so many of them look similar that the smaller secondary icon for the HUD didn't really help.

I think that was it, not totally sure though.
CONTEST TIME

I'm feeling generous today AND I want some lols. Contest ends Friday and the prize is simple:

I'll PM you a code for a War Games Season Pass.

The contest? I want Ellis and Frankie incorporated in this video somehow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxX2Xqhj8co

Best entry by Friday, November 9th at 8 PM EST wins.

....go

Best contest ever.

Sorry Duncan

i watched the machinima stream. one of them went to pick up what was quite clearly a Spartan Lazer from the ordnance icon, and instead got a railgun. must be some sort of glitch.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
If I recall correctly it was part of his explanation for why there is no secondary weapon icon in the HUD, simply saying that so many of them look similar that the smaller secondary icon for the HUD didn't really help.

I think that was it, not totally sure though.

i watched the machinima stream. one of them went to pick up what was quite clearly a Spartan Lazer from the ordnance icon, and instead got a railgun. must be some sort of glitch.
Cool, thanks for clarifying. Should be an easy fix for 343.

Just had a game of BTB on Meltdown.

Dat framerate. :X
Ah man, I hope that's not a common problem... Meltdown is one of the maps I'm looking most forward to. :-|

Omni

I'm only on to the second level, and I have to say... This game is so fucking awesome.

Also dat water. Better than Halo 3's even.

Balls. Were the framerate drops severe?

Kind of. It was very noticeable because of the fact that the game is silky smooth 99 percent of the time.

Also, my framerate dropped because there were 3 people near the Railgun spawn, grenades were going off, and a ghost exploded on the same spot.

Absolute carnage for that confined space.

Gui_PT

Guise look at wut I played earlier today!

YoUr6.jpg

CR3y7.jpg

And
1IH05.jpg

kY46f.jpg

Kind of disappointing
5GtS8.jpg

All they gave us was a silly Halo 4 Soundtrack flyer

Poorly planned... 2+ hours in the freezing cold for nothing =\

DJ88

Can't wait for midnight! I wish I had preordered at GameStop, so much closer and a nice launch party event. Instead I have to go to lame ass Walmart. Still can't believe it was 5 years ago we last got a mainline Halo game.

Also it seems like the imposturization(?) system is more aggressive in BTB maps, in the Vortex game I had just now a lot of the rock formations that were in the distance but still clearly visible were reduced to large gray blobs that LOD in on zoom or moving closer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom