• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omni

Half way through my Legendary playthrough... and I have to say, it really isn't challenging at all. I can't tell the difference between it and Heroic if I have to be honest. Even Halo 3 was harder than this, and that was the easiest in the series.

Half way through my Legendary playthrough... and I have to say, it really isn't challenging at all. I can't tell the difference between it and Heroic if I have to be honest. Even Halo 3 was harder than this, and that was the easiest in the series.
Are you going to put on some skulls to bump it up?

Omni

Are you going to put on some skulls to bump it up?

Haven't played around with the skulls at all yet, but I'll probably do that next time. Just going through on Legendary alone to get the two achievements first.

How many terminals are there in the game? I've only found like three. Waiting until I find them all before I watch them.

Smeghead

Regicide is some backwards ass game type.

I had 8 more kills and 1 less death and i come second, after donging the whole game as the king. Can i not just have classic free for all please.

Also the UI is an eye sore. It reminds me of them phones that have huge buttons so old people can use them, it's wank.

They so much unpleasantness dotted around a juicy game, some of the changes just seem to be for the sake of it. Maybe they don't want to seem like they are cut and pasting stuff from Bungie, i don't know.

While i'm here- Haven>Adrift>Abandon>>>>>>>>Solace>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Complex.

I hope there more simple, close range maps in the DLC, Solace is all over the fucking place, too much shit everywhere yet you can get spunked on from the vantage points either side.

Since 2004, devs have tried to put the tank in matchmaking, and each time it's failed. Why keep making the same mistake?

It worked on Avalanche. Avalanche one-sided CTF = best Halo MP experience ever. sooooooo good.

On a sidenote, my Halo 4 copy is sitting at the postal office. Luckily I already beat the campaign at a friend's, or I would be raging right now.

Regicide is some backwards ass game type.

I had 8 more kills and 1 less death and i come second, after donging the whole game as the king. Can i not just have classic free for all please.

While i'm here- Haven>Adrift>Abandon>>>>>>>>Solace>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Complex/

I hope there more simple close range maps in the DLC, Solace is all over the fucking place, too much shit everywhere yet you can get spunked on from the vantage points either side.

I know, right? I JIPed into a Regicide match and managed to win at the last second despite having 4 fewer kills, due to the fact that I managed to get 7 king kills. Shit's crazy.

Also, are you on crack? Abandon is a thousand times worse than Complex.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
People don't hate the game, they're just getting frustrated that poor decisions are making it hard from them to enjoy what should be a great game.

I didn't think I was going to like all the perks and shit, but the only problem so far I have with infinity slayer is the instant respawns. It's really annoying to try to kill a pack of dudes and you can't because one of them keeps coming back.

Drops aren't that bad, they're rare enough. I guess if I was playing with a cohesive team I wouldn't like not fighting over power weapons, but as it is now it's at a good level where you only get 3-4 a game and MAYBE 1 actual power weapon. I don't like that there aren't at least some weapons on the map to drop a depleted weapon though.

Havok

I can't imagine Solace without using the jetpack. It never really dawned on me how much harder getting into the sunny side base would be if you couldn't bypass having to go through their entire base to reach the sniper ledge. The asymmetry of those bases baffles the shit out of me. Sunny side (red, I believe) has a bunch of defensive advantages, namely that the snipe ledge is only accessible from the rear of the base, not from both sides like jungle's is.
It worked on Avalanche. Avalanche one-sided CTF = best Halo MP experience ever. sooooooo good.
I hated asymmetric Avalanche. The spawns were so terrible that once the Scorpion murdered your Hornet and your Wraith (which was inevitable, because none of them hold a candle to the Scorpion at anything but close range), killed your rocket guy because it took more than one rocket to kill a tank, and probably killed your laser guy (if you had one at all), he could just shell the base's spawns from way back behind the mancannon. It was awful.

Count Blackule in the gaming side OT brings up a good point:
-Wanting to change grenades and having an ordinance at the same time which they changed to the D-Pad so I can't change grenades while I have an ordinance or I'm going to be forced to use it
Why isn't Switch Grenade Type on D-Pad Up? Make it a rotating toggle rather than a full left/right control.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I'm not down on Complex like you guys are. I certainly need to play more of it but I don't think it's as bad as you guys say it is. Also, the more slayer pro I play the more I want Infinity Slayer without radar.

Set me free 343, set me free.

It's was kind of unexpected for me, but my favorite playlist by far is CTF.

Already had some incredible games on it. Adrift is actually pretty decent for CTF.

Smeghead

I know, right? I JIPed into a Regicide match and managed to win at the last second despite having 4 fewer kills, due to the fact that I managed to get 7 king kills. Shit's crazy.

Also, are you on crack? Abandon is a thousand times worse than Complex.
Complex would be an ok map if they cut away most of the excess fat, it's too big for 4v4.

Ken

Wonder how much hate mail I can get using my AR primary, 3 grenades with enhanced blast radius, jetpack loadout.

I'm not down on Complex like you guys are. I certainly need to play more of it but I don't think it's as bad as you guys say it is. Also, the more slayer pro I play the more I want Infinity Slayer without radar.

Get one guy on top of the building. Get another one on the outskirts with snipes. Easy win due to the spawns.

BigShow36

It's was kind of unexpected for me, but my favorite playlist by far is CTF.

Already had some incredible games on it. Adrift is actually pretty decent for CTF.

I thought the same thing until I ran into a team of PV and Camo users who literally never left their base. Not only can they see you coming through one of the three entrances whenever they want, but the spawn system will spawn them in their base while you are trying to grab the flag. Basically you can clear them out, but by the time you grab their flag, they're spawning again right next to you (or behind you).

I actually dion't mind Solace. Just a random thought, but it would be very interesting if they made the initial spawns not in the proper "bases" but rather on either side of the map. Basically rotating the map 90 degrees.

What would compel them to make the AI this fucking cheap on Legendary solo?? My advice, do not play it your first time on Legendary if you actually want to enjoy this Campaign...

Not to mention I've had several power outages several hours in, several times.. At this point, I've beaten half the game like 7 times and not to mention the mission with the Mammoth glitched and I had to restart it all over ;\

Die in a river damnit.

What would compel them to make the AI this fucking cheap on Legendary solo?? My advice, do not play it your first time on Legendary if you actually want to enjoy this Campaign...

Not to mention I've had several power outages several hours in, several times.. At this point, I've beaten half the game like 7 times and not to mention the mission with the Mammoth glitched and I had to restart it all over ;\

Die in a river damnit.

Wait till you deal with them in Spartan Ops. My driver kept ramming rocks.

Whats the one with the KyleJ mech bot?

Played CTF on that, did not like it, my second or third game, we played a 5v4 (which oddly it stayed the entire game) they got a flag cap and bunkered down in their base side and I couldn't fucking see where I was getting shot from but I died instantly if I crossed the lift into their base. If I tried to go in through the tunnel I would get shot a bunch and had to keep backing down... the top entrance tunnel was a fucking nightmare too...We kept trying to get in but the entrances suck ass. Almost lost a 5v4 the dudes were pretty good and were MLG forum kids cause one recognized Bigshow but I mean cmon my third game in and I'm facing tryhards...I didn't even know what button melee'd yet.

Didn't find that map fun at all.

Got the flag twice maybe...did not like flag magnum got easily out br'd by the enemy...I was at a disadvantage distance wise though wanted to drop it to DMR him lol.

Oh I see Bigshow already posted about that game.

Yea that wasnt fun. Also instant respawns are dumb in objective. I've been saying forever how you need to penalize in objective and how slaying is JUST as important in objective but noone besides MLG understands...If you don't you have good/bad spawns effecting the game results too much, and you also can get body objective running...where its more beneficial objectively to just kamikaze in and die and inch it along...

Its just sad that all these clearl problems are still returning in Halo when just having some people who really know MM and Halo could easily implement the right settings, yet they hire a Waypoint Mod.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Yeah, these terminals were enlightening and really needed to be accessible in-game. Dumb move, 343.

Fracas

#fuckonami
So, not that any of you particularly care but, I was just in a huge accident about 3 hours ago. I blacked out at the wheel and nearly hit a car head on as I was crossing the road. I hit a tree and my car ended up down an embankment. I am fine, no injuries, but my car is seriously fucked.

I'd appreciate your guy's thoughts and support. I'm seriously lucky to even be alive at this point.
Holy crap dude. Hopefully a doctor can figure out what caused you to black out.
Solace and Complex, nope, NOPE.
I understand Complex, but Solace? Maybe I haven't played it enough, but it's one of my favorites.

Holy crap dude. Hopefully a doctor can figure out what caused you to black out.

I understand Complex, but Solace? Maybe I haven't played it enough, but it's one of my favorites.

Solace is basically a maze to me with no real point of control. It's also one of the harder maps to inform people of where others are. A lot of these maps are pretty but useless when it comes to identifying your location. And without X's over bodies it's even more futile.

my list of fixes/changes I hope they take care of with the first TU

-remove instant respawns
-remove killcams
-fix known glitches
-make CSR viewable in game
-remove global ordnance drops and place weapons on maps
-nerf PV range

I can't really think of any other glaring issues. I think the ones I listed would make a really good game even better.

Die in a river damnit.

My biggest pet peeve about the Prometheans, definitely. They are just cheap. There's one part on Infinity where you need to hold off a bunch of them while Cortana opens a door, with no cover, no ammo, and you get Crawlers in multiple waves of thirty or so, as well as Knights who are apparently not solid as Railgun rounds pass straight through them. It's stupid on Normal, I can't imagine what it'd be like on Legendary.

And these hold true pretty much every time you face fucking Crawlers. It's never 5 or 6, it's always in at least the high teens. What they lack in actual intelligence they make up for in sheer numbers and firepower and speed. They're like kamikaze Skirmishers crossed with Combat Forms.

BigShow36

I want every gametype to have no radar. The problem is then PV would be extremely OP.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
My biggest pet peeve about the Prometheans, definitely. They are just cheap. There's one part on Infinity where you need to hold off a bunch of them while Cortana opens a door, with no cover, no ammo, and you get Crawlers in multiple waves of thirty or so, as well as Knights who are apparently not solid as Railgun rounds pass straight through them. It's stupid on Normal, I can't imagine what it'd be like on Legendary.

And these hold true pretty much every time you face fucking Crawlers. It's never 5 or 6, it's always in at least the high teens. What they lack in actual intelligence they make up for in sheer numbers and firepower and speed. They're like kamikaze Skirmishers crossed with Combat Forms.
From your complaints about Crawlers, it sounds like you need some headshots in your life. I'd say they're easier to knock off than Grunts.

Omni

Oh shit, a severe thunderstorm, rainstorm and tornado warning was just set for my area. What makes it more odd is that I live at the bottom of Australia and stuff like this never happens.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Random people on XBL have no fucking idea how to play Dominion, shocking.
You know, I've played 10+ games of Dominion, and I still don't even know how to earn points. I just capture bases and hope for the best.

Fracas

#fuckonami
The first step to fixing multiplayer is completely axing promethean vision. Then remove personal ordnance from BTB and add in objective gametypes. Remove a few vehicles from each map too.

Hire me dammit!

From your complaints about Crawlers, it sounds like you need some headshots in your life. I'd say they're easier to knock off than Grunts.

Grunts don't move at the speed of light, don't crawl over intervening cover, don't melee you from behind while you're dealing with five of his buddies a Knight and three Watchers in the front, and don't have a head that's really narrow and very close to the ground so a shot that's slightly short hits the ground instead of their torso. Crawlers also don't stagger when hit by weapons fire.

Ken

I wish the perks system just went all the way and had dumb stuff like cold-blooded. Playing H4 MP these past few days just make me want to buy Blops2.

The current perks or whatever don't feel like they carry much impact in the game, which I get is good for Halo to keep its "Halo-ness" but at the same time the randomness that personal and global ordnance introduces into the game makes it hard to take the game seriously.

MrDaravon

You know, I've played 10+ games of Dominion, and I still don't even know how to earn points. I just capture bases and hope for the best.

We just lost 400-0. Again. You think at the very least the thing that's on your HUD at all fucking times that says "Capture" would give people at least the inkling of an idea, but apparently not.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Someone brought up a hilarious complaint in the Halo 4 OT:

-Wanting to change grenades and having an ordinance at the same time which they changed to the D-Pad so I can't change grenades while I have an ordinance or I'm going to be forced to use it
Franky, please let us customize our controls. That's just silly.

Grunts don't move at the speed of light, don't crawl over intervening cover, don't melee you from behind while you're dealing with five of his buddies a Knight and three Watchers in the front, and don't have a head that's really narrow and very close to the ground so a shot that's slightly short hits the ground instead of their torso. They also don't stagger when hit by weapons fire.
Guess I'm just a better shot with campaign enemies. Crawlers go pop.

Lima

What is cheap about the AI? I played it first time legendary and felt it was easy enough. Only times I died I smiled because I had been outsmarted by the AI.

Probably the easiest Halo on legendary which is disappointing because I remember hearing that this would be the hardest Halo so far.

Guess I'm just a better shot with campaign enemies. Crawlers go pop.

I can easily deal with them when there are reasonable numbers at a distance. You know, like Grunts would generally be.

Crawlers get to be unfair when they're simultaneously meleeing you, shooting you with automatic weapons, and sniping you with Binary Rifles. And that's before you even add in the Knights and watchers.

Someone brought up a hilarious complaint in the Halo 4 OT:

Franky, please let us customize our controls. That's just silly..

Yea I'm annoyed by that whole "we cant do it because there MIGHT be glitches"

Heres an idea...implement the system, test for glitches. If someone finds them after release PATCH YOUR FUCKING GAME...

Just reeks of laziness and supports the notion that they won't be doing all they can after release like they are stating.

BigShow36

Yea I'm annoyed by that whole "we cant do it because there MIGHT be glitches"

Heres an idea...implement the system, test for glitches. If someone finds them after release PATCH YOUR FUCKING GAME...

Just reeks of laziness and supports the notion that they won't be doing all they can after release like they are stating.

I've heard rumors that there is a double shot glitch in the game.

That excuse for not having custom controls never made any sense to me and it still doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom