• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

lol please list who is in this drawing

From left to right:

Topher "Bugs" Gunney. Second-in-command. Katana for interrogating the new guard, sawn-off for big bads on the street.

James "The Juicer" Higgs. Leader of the old guard. Runs an underground, moneyhatting series of competitive fight clubs under the alias "HGS." Underground army is a separate league of wolverines keeping plenty of cash in his pockets.

Toshi "Overkill" Babbins. After losing his hair to a pragmatic chemical spill at the hands of a new guardsman, he got emergency hormone transplants and daily steroid injections turning him into the meanest mound of muscle this side of California. Fucker got an offer to play Leatherface but turned it down to keep playing ball with the rookies.

Snoop "Lion" Hander, Jr. Leader of the new guard. Makes a killing in Asian markets breeding cats with fucked up faces because they're the trendiest, cutest little shits they can get their grubby little hands on. Makes the bank to keep a steady supply of narcotics on hand so he can keep chasing the white rabbit. Topher, I mean. Prosthetic left hand's been installed after he lost his to that rascally rabbit son of a bitch.

Sophie "Fuch Toy" Dee. Uses her innocent wiles to get into the apartments of anyone and anyone close to the old guard. Doubles as a powder monkey, which is how she keeps the oldies wondering why their places keep going up in flames while she's around.

Rusty "Oddball" Carmike. Man in the mask. Keeps a steady hand running the cinemas in town and an even steadier knife to the necks of the local media providers in Los Santos to make sure the golden oldies are the bad guys and stay that way. Keeps more popcorn bags in the briefcase. Adopted his new oral fixation for free thanks to the local theaters to try and kick his old days of blow with Snoop.

Mace Griffin

Neo Member
Thanks, I keep forgetting about this and have always meant to check it out. I'm not necessarily looking for just a classic halo-like experience but that is good to know. I'm actually not much of a fan of the art style, but gameplay looks fun, been a while since I've done this fast-paced. Can't wait to be destroyed mercilessly.

It's updating the game content now. Firefox and Chrome gave me fits but looks like I have it figured out now. I was checking out Blacklight Retribution which looks kind of interesting. My pc gaming setup is currently less than ideal (running parallels on a macbook pro), but it is enough to get an idea, though I'll probably figure out a way to have something decent in the not too distant future.

I suggest you have a look at the training section, it will actually help you out massively with movement and is in itself quite challenging, especially the final rocket jumping challenge.

Knowing where to get weapons is similar to halo although weapon control is not really a factor. Controlling health and armour is the equivalent to controlling power ups and power weapons in halo although is a more continous cycle of movement around the map as they spawn faster.

I suggest learning to strafe jump as its very useful for getting around quickly and also dodging. If you jump while holding forward and strafe left for example you will move faster than normal, then if you also turn left into that strafe you will move even faster. If you can keep stringing this together you'll be able to move ridiculously fast and jump over big gaps.

TCKaos

God, I hope not. From the rumors a swirlin', the Halo 4 engine is a spaghetti-coded mess of epic proportions.

I'm prepared to blame 60% of Halo 4's problems on having to hack together things on top of the already questionable Reach engine, which was extended from the Halo 3 engine, which itself was a highly modified Halo 2 engine, which was a revamped CE engine, which was originally supposed to be for an RTS game on Mac.

Also: first post

I just had some pasta. Shit was pretty delicious.

Also good to see you made it finally.

ihxQiXMKLcCL.gif

So how 'bout them hosts? Got black screen 5+ times in one game before it just ended out of nowhere, after being kicked from other games several times, where I was unable to join on my team who was down two guys for the entire game while the team of randoms kept gaining and losing people the entire game. Fun times.

Nowise10

Another question

Does anyone know where shishka actually is now? I know he isnt a Bungie and he was in a Halo;Anniversary video in 2011, but I havent seen or heard about him since. My comment about his nipples made me think about it

Another question

Does anyone know where shishka actually is now? I know he isnt a Bungie and he was in a Halo;Anniversary video in 2011, but I havent seen or heard about him since. My comment about his nipples made me think about it
I'm pretty sure he is still at bungie. Deej references him occasionally.

Another question

Dam i had no idea he left 343, they needed all the bungie guys they can get. Apparently he is now designer at Crystal Dynamics.

DeadNames

Banned
From left to right:

Topher "Bugs" Gunney. Second-in-command. Katana for interrogating the new guard, sawn-off for big bads on the street.

James "The Juicer" Higgs. Leader of the old guard. Runs an underground, moneyhatting series of competitive fight clubs under the alias "HGS." Underground army is a separate league of wolverines keeping plenty of cash in his pockets.

Toshi "Overkill" Babbins. After losing his hair to a pragmatic chemical spill at the hands of a new guardsman, he got emergency hormone transplants and daily steroid injections turning him into the meanest mound of muscle this side of California. Fucker got an offer to play Leatherface but turned it down to keep playing ball with the rookies.

Snoop "Lion" Hander, Jr. Leader of the new guard. Makes a killing in Asian markets breeding cats with fucked up faces because they're the trendiest, cutest little shits they can get their grubby little hands on. Makes the bank to keep a steady supply of narcotics on hand so he can keep chasing the white rabbit. Topher, I mean. Prosthetic left hand's been installed after he lost his to that rascally rabbit son of a bitch.

Sophie "Fuch Toy" Dee. Uses her innocent wiles to get into the apartments of anyone and anyone close to the old guard. Doubles as a powder monkey, which is how she keeps the oldies wondering why their places keep going up in flames while she's around.

Rusty "Oddball" Carmike. Man in the mask. Keeps a steady hand running the cinemas in town and an even steadier knife to the necks of the local media providers in Los Santos to make sure the golden oldies are the bad guys and stay that way. Keeps more popcorn bags in the briefcase. Adopted his new oral fixation for free thanks to the local theaters to try and kick his old days of blow with Snoop.

Needs more OverkillxThe Juicer fanfiction on deviant art.

Vico

I don't think so.

Don't think so, but it better be free.

Well I recall 343 or Frankie saying they still have a lot more content for Halo 4, so it isn't surprising.
I'm hoping it is free though...

Ok, I guess we'll see if they talk about it in tonight's Bulletin.

I don't really understand why it would be free, though (Forge Island was a nice gift, but it was offered at the right time, right after we got everything we were supposed to get when buying Halo 4 + the map pass).

However, if it's not free, then it's a bit surprising that they would make a GOTY version that doesn't include it.

Madness

Good. Most people think there was some mythical large portion of bungie that became 343.

This irks me as well when I see it on other places... There wasn't some large exodus of people from Bungie to 343. "Dude 343 is made up of all ex-Bungie guys who loved Halo, they know where to take the series".

I don't really understand why it would be free, though (Forge Island was a nice gift, but it was offered at the right time, right after we got everything we were supposed to get when buying Halo 4 + the map pass).

However, if it's not free, then it's a bit surprising that they would make a GOTY version that doesn't include it.

Could be an unlisted GOTY perk.

Also, could be more perks.

belushy

Banned

Free so it doesn't split the population even more than the other DLC packs already have.

Vico

Free so it doesn't split the population even more than the other DLC packs already have.

Yeah, I get that, and I agree, but considering the Champions Bundle isn't free, there is no real reason to believe it might happen this time.

Funny thing is that, right before Forge Island was unveiled, I was telling people that the best way for 343 to "redeem" themselves would be to release an entirely new Forge map for free. They did. This time, I'm not feeling like it'll be free. But I'm obviously not a psychic.

Could be an unlisted GOTY perk.
Also, could be more perks.

Maybe. But then why would they announce the GOTY edition right now?
They could have waited one more week.

This irks me as well when I see it on other places... There wasn't some large exodus of people from Bungie to 343. "Dude 343 is made up of all ex-Bungie guys who loved Halo, they know where to take the series".

This.

Seriously, isn't there only like 3 people still at 343 who transferred from Bungie at this point?

I wouldn't be opposed to a new engine for Halo 5, but I have no idea how long that takes to code, I'm not a programmer.

As long as it feels like Halo, (no pun intended) I'm not picky.

It would probably take a huge amount of effort to do from scratch, they would probably opt for licensing one instead (Unreal 3, for example). My impression is that literally anything would be better than what they have now. It

Also good to see you made it finally.

Thanks Kaos, feelsgoodman.jpg. Why aren't you streaming bro? I need something to watch while I wait for Photoshop to photoshop at work.

God, more juniors shitting up the place...

DIAF,
I know where you live

But seriously, good to be here. No more lurkRage for me.

Defect

I wouldn't be opposed to a new engine for Halo 5, but I have no idea how long that takes to code, I'm not a programmer.

As long as it feels like Halo, (no pun intended) I'm not picky.

If they couldn't make a Halo game with a tweaked version of the Reach engine, I have no hope for them to make one with a completely new engine.

At least the groundwork is already there. They just need to cut the shit out.

It would probably take a huge amount of effort to do from scratch, they would probably opt for licensing one instead (Unreal 3, for example). My impression is that literally anything would be better than what they have now.

You are probably right, seeing it on Cryengine would be awesome, but I don't think that they would ever do that, for whatever reason.

It's probably because they would try to coax more power out of the engine, and deal with bugs when they get there, and it's probably easier to do so, albeit, probably just as frustrating as making an engine from scratch.

Madness

I only said they'd be using their modified Reach engine, because we have to assume development for Halo 5 started in 2011/2012 and unlike say EA/Epic, they aren't really going to want to develop their own new engine off the bat.

They probably only got devkits for XbOne last year and so it's a bit of a stretch to expect 343 to have an all new engine no? It will probably be retooled to make it work better for next gen anyways.

Maybe Fyre can explain it better.

m23

More DLC for Halo 4? They should really focus on Halo 5 at this point. I know this dlc stuff is being outsourced but seriously I think for a lot of people Halo 5 is the last straw. Them not naming it Halo 5 gives me a bit of hope that the game will go back to basics and trash all the AAs and Perks bullshit.
Not gonna happen :(

Top Bottom