• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

I just noticed the bald guy from Breaking Bad was the father in Malcolm in the middle, HOLY SHIT MIND BLOWN!

Malcolm was such a great series, I remember watching it before going to school when I was a kid :( *cries*

I just noticed the bald guy from Breaking Bad was the father in Malcolm in the middle, HOLY SHIT MIND BLOWN!

Malcolm was such a great series, I remember watching it before going to school when I was a kid :( *cries*

Lol for me Bryan Cranston is always Dr. Tim Whatley from Seinfeld.

Thanks for all the clip submissions, everyone. Keep sending me links if you get new clips, I'll accept them until B.net cuts the cord on fileshares.

I'm working on an Excel spreadsheet with all of the links and descriptions to keep them sorted and make sure I have them all downloaded to my Xbox before then.

I'll try to get that part finished tomorrow night, just in case I need to ask for any resubmissions due to bad files/links.

And just a warning: I'm going to take my sweet time on the actual montage editing. I've been brainstorming ideas for a month, but I don't want to rush it. Lots of consideration will be put into clip selection, ordering, tone, length, etc. I should have enough footage left over for more videos, I just want to make sure the first one has the most effort and thought put into it. I'm hoping to appeal to all of HaloGAF, most likely sticking to a Halo soundtrack and keeping the overused montage gimmicks to a minimum.

Bryan Cranston will always be Hal to me. Recently watched every single episode of Malcolm in the Middle in order. (Thanks, Netflix!)

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Yo I don't know what's going on but my 2 latest youtube videos are getting tons of hits. The last weekly montage got over 7,000 views in one day. I was trying to find out where the fuck all these views were coming from. As popular as HBO is, that didn't get the views. I seriously doubt MLG Columbus got me that many views. The analysis page says most of the views were coming from "Youtube Homepage feed" Not sure what that means.

Now, my Countdown jumps video has been getting a lot of comments in the past few minutes. Kinda weird. One of the comments is, "why is this trending?" And sure enough, if you go to Youtube and click the trending videos, my video is at the top of the list.

I'm not complaining but it's very bizarre.

You're welcome.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I just found a clip from a year ago where I got a triple but couldn't get the overkill before time ran out.

I called it Tashi Moment.

Was calling out Tashi triples before it was popular </hipster>
KuGsj.gif

ElRenoRaven

It's appropriate that we mock a system that is built around showing appreciation for another poster's contribution to a forum. I'd love to see the GAF version of such a system.

1 user shanked Bregmann Roche for this bullshit post.

You know that would be freaking awesome. Instead of a tool to virtually circle jerk each other it could be a tool to call people out on bullshit posts.

About to send you my clips, Duncan. They're not particularly great, but I want to be part of the montage. I should probably start recording cool stuff I do more, but I always forget.

I need another sci-fi universe to check out now that I'm done with Mass Effect and Halo lies dormant until fall. Any recommendations?

Im gonna say the bioshock series, incredibly atmospheric, excellent game. Bioshock 2 might be looked upon as an unnecessary sequel to a complete game, but stand alone it's still quite good. Also Bioshock 2 gave us the DLC story Minerva's Den, a 3-4 hour romp, with an incredible ending, an ending which i think is greater than the 'reveal' in bioshock 1.

Also, another excellent sci-fi series is dead space 1 and 2, very scary and very good, the atmosphere taking elements of every sci fi horror movie from modern times, particularly the alien franchise. Again, there is some story DLC for it, and again it's quite good.

So, yes, i completely recommend those two franchises.

*wish we saw story DLC for the halo games*

*Shakes head*

*shakes head back*

Im gonna say the bioshock series, incredibly atmospheric, excellent game. Bioshock 2 might be looked upon as an unnecessary sequel to a complete game, but stand alone it's still quite good. Also Bioshock 2 gave us the DLC story Minerva's Den, a 3-4 hour romp, with an incredible ending, an ending which i think is greater than the 'reveal' in bioshock 1.

Also, another excellent sci-fi series is dead space 1 and 2, very scary and very good, the atmosphere taking elements of every sci fi horror movie from modern times, particularly the alien franchise. Again, there is some story DLC for it, and again it's quite good.

So, yes, i completely recommend those two franchises.

*wish we saw story DLC for the halo games*

I cannot recommend the Bioshock franchise enough. So good.

Minerva's Den is excellent, but better than 'the reveal' in Bioshock?! That, and the sequence that follows, is the greatest narrative moment in video game history imo, and it's not even close.
Golf club

Minerva's Den is excellent, but better than 'the reveal' in Bioshock?! That, and the sequence that follows, is the greatest narrative moment in video game history imo, and it's not even close.
Golf club

Completely agree.

Golf club

Wanna know why its better to me? Because some dipshit managed to ruin it for me and countless others on a gaming forum that I cant recall at the moment.

Otherwise i would agree subjectively. Although, did you think
the game should have generally ended at the Andrew part? I felt the boss and the entire last part was not so great

Also I recommend the Bioshock novel, not amazing but solid and adds depth to some of the side character's in the franchise.

Wanna know why its better to me? Because some dipshit managed to ruin it for me and countless others on a gaming forum that I cant recall at the moment.

Otherwise i would agree subjectively. Although, did you think
the game should have generally ended at the Andrew part? I felt the boss and the entire last part was not so great

Also I recommend the Bioshock novel, not amazing but solid and adds depth to some of the side character's in the franchise.

Yes and no.

The last part of the game was not the strongest aspect of the game, I will agree to that. But (vague-ish spoilers, but still don't read if you haven't played the game)
That reveal and event not being the end of the game and not being the end goal of the game is part of the genius of it. You are lead to believe that it's the end goal for the entire game, and then your head gets spun on a top when you find out that it's not the case at all.

Booshka

Out-rifling people in Shadowrun is so legit, came back in so many battles when I was down shots.

My bad, John Howard made Halo.

Yes and no.

The last part of the game was not the strongest aspect of the game, I will agree to that. But (vague-ish spoilers, but still don't read if you haven't played the game)
That reveal and event not being the end of the game and not being the end goal of the game is part of the genius of it. You are lead to believe that it's the end goal for the entire game, and then your head gets spun on a top when you find out that it's not the case at all.

I do not disagree with that, I do wonder how incredible Bioshock Infinite will turn out? Im just glad Ken Levine is leading the project, guy is a genius and not the evil kind like Frankie.

JK Frankie <3

dc89

Halo is such a strange game! I've come back to it after a good 3 month break and yesterday I got two Running Riot's in Arena! I never managed to get one of them since launch and two came in one day!

heckfu

Banned
Halo is such a strange game! I've come back to it after a good 3 month break and yesterday I got two Running Riot's in Arena! I never managed to get one of them since launch and two came in one day!

Arena is a home for scrubs. You snuck right into their base, good work soldier.

FyreWulff

DeeJ is taking questions for the Mail Sack about Halo statistics.

Thanks for pointing this out. I have issued my shotgun blast of questions.

Also, it sucks when you want to take a total internet vacation but you're still tethered a bit by the fact that you need to wait for someone to email you something important. Only after that can I truly disconnect for a while, so I might as well make quick forum catch ups while loading up my email. I'm jealous of Ghaleon's upcoming month long vacation.

Which playlists house the more skilled players? MLG?

MLG would be a good place to find competitive matches, but I'd advise you to go in with a full team. Randoms can be pretty bad to play with.

I think the reason you got those two running riots was that in the arena playlist, the first few matches each season are there to determine your skill level. So know, arena knows that it has to match you against players with a higher skill level and your matches will become more difficult.

Just played my first game of dubs without bleedthrough again and didn't enjoy it one bit. I really dont understand why people think the feedback system doesnt give them enough warning to have it removed. If your shields are beeping you have to be careful, thats all. It requires more awareness and more overall skill...

Gazzawa

I do not disagree with that, I do wonder how incredible Bioshock Infinite will turn out? Im just glad Ken Levine is leading the project, guy is a genius and not the evil kind like Frankie.

JK Frankie <3

Biocock infinite will be really good. I just hope they don't spoil too much of it with unneccessary trailers and demos. We all know G4TV will blow this one hard prior to launch.

I know this and I have never heard a Nickelback song. Although to be honest, I kind of like Linkin Park hooks and the lead singer's voice.

Honestly, so do I. I mean, they're not fantastic, but I like 'em. Their old records remind me of being a teenager way too much, though, so I don't like those as much anymore. :lol

Then again, I had a period of liking Nickelback a while back, so my music taste is suspect.

Also, it's weird that, with Prey 2 apparently cancelled
:(
, there's only three games left for me to buy this year. All these years I've been saying I want to buy less games, and well, here we are.

Top Bottom