• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

zap

Hearing and reading that some people on HBO wanted Halo to fail at MLG last weekend changed my mindset of some people on that site.

Wait... really? Why would they want that? Even if you don't enjoy that aspect of it, why would they want the game that the apparently love to lose more support?

smh

kylej

Banned
I love that STi. My dad had one for a while.

I was pretty much born in a Subaru, their cars are in my blood. Subaru community is the best in the world too. The money I spend on my baby is pretty ridiculous, but it's not as bad as the guy I know who has spent more just on transmissions than the KBB of his car lol. The endless pursuit of boost.

12. 3 hours. Stay up. You already have 3 days? Thats annoying cause you get your onyx rank then i need one more day and we lose two games to onyx kids cause you can't carry and I end with gold. Fuck Lol every season!.

I have two days LiLBeeKay.

FyreWulff

Would be nice to get full transition details tonight since the next bulletin will be post transition. It'd be really great if they're giving everyone the 24 slots by just giving all gamertags "Bungie Pro" on the backend, which means you could make mule silver accounts for extra storage. I have a feeling the 24 slots are only going to work for Gold accounts though.

Update to be pushed back to Thursday again

Louis Wu

Visit the homepage at least. Louis does a awesome job with getting popular Halo content on there, just sucks that some people with negative mindsets post there.
lol - really? (I mean, that's how you want to phrase it?)

HBO is filled with folks who love Reach the way it is. (Before AND after the TU, actually, though folks with a bias tend to only hear the bullshit from the other side.)

I'd say 70% of the on-topic discussion here at GAF is UNRELENTINGLY negative - this sucks, that sucks, everyone's a scrub, why do I have to put up with this shit?

Whereas 70+% of the discussion at HBO is the opposite.

CyReN

HBO is filled with folks who love Reach the way it is. (Before AND after the TU, actually, though folks with a bias tend to only hear the bullshit from the other side.)

I'd say 70% of the on-topic discussion here at GAF is UNRELENTINGLY negative - this sucks, that sucks, everyone's a scrub, why do I have to put up with this shit?

We may complain here a lot (in light hearted nature) but we would never wish for another community to fail. You have done a great job over the years and still do, this is nothing against you just some people (hopefully the minority) on the site from what I've seen.

Overdoziz

Banned

I think he's talking about the mindset towards MLG or competitive play in general.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

lolz cuz reech iz bad oal mane

Louis Wu

We may complain here a lot (in light hearted nature) but we would never wish for another community to fail. You have done a great job over the years and still do, this is nothing against you just some people (hopefully the minority) on the site from what I've seen.
I've seen exactly ONE person say they'd like MLG to fail. That's not exactly a fair judge of a community. I've seen nastier shit about Bungie from kylej, after all, and yet I wouldn't in a million years judge all of HaloGAF by his words.

GhaleonEB

Yup. HaloGAF has no business accusing another forum of being negative. :lol

CyReN

I've seen exactly ONE person say they'd like MLG to fail. That's not exactly a fair judge of a community. I've seen nastier shit about Bungie from kylej, after all, and yet I wouldn't in a million years judge all of HaloGAF by his words.

Yea I gotcha, sorry if you feel I disrespected you/HBO.

kylej

Banned
After working your way through the numerous levels, stairs, and crates that litter the outer deck, you sneak a furtive glance inside the spacecraft, which reveals the sounds and shape of a half-constructed mech. Curiosity gets the better of you, and you decide to venture down the vessel’s tight and twisted corridors for a closer look.

There are lots of complex mirrored paths which could be overwhelming, so we had to develop landmarks and key features to give players a sense of unique position.

catgif(2).gif

CyReN

MLG playlist updated to v7 for April. I tweeted BSAngel about the Anniversary maps for those asked earlier, she said this:

"To my knowledge, the MLG playlist does not require Anniversary DLC. I'll follow up and double check, though."

Nah, just sorry you've decided not to participate based on (what I think is) a limited viewpoint.

I'll be more open, still love the site though.

Overdoziz

Banned
I thought the point of Super Slayer was to give us the Team Slayer experience but with TU? Now with the changes that goes out of the window. Just give us Squad Slayer dammit.

FyreWulff

They removed Uncaged and Pinnacle from SWAT. :D

Funny how I mentioned how they added Pinnacle to SWAT after they took over just today and was wondering why they did.. glad they took it back out.

I thought the point of Super Slayer was to give us the Team Slayer experience but with TU? Now with the changes that goes out of the window. Just give us Squad Slayer dammit.

With the population disparity between Team Slayer and Super Slayer I think that dream went out the window, so this looks like a "might as well" change. But at this point, they should just make it Squad Slayer again. I wonder if it's 4-split now with community maps gone.

zap

• Arena updated.

The Jetpack loadout was removed from Arena. We will be watching Arena’s population to help determine whether or not this will be a permanent change.

• Powerhouse updated.

Fusion cores were added to the Concrete Vents area. This may or may not be relevant to jetpackers’ interests….

These changes are welcome, but it frustrates me that Super Slayer is still Team Slayer with TU, rather than the superior Squad Slayer.

Looks like Arena will be getting more play from me again.

I'd have to rewatch it to give my opinion, but I found the first few episodes of S5 to be pretty weak, but I think that was partly because I was just finished the best season I had ever seen (S4 is amazing). It got a lot stronger and I think the later half of the seasons definitely redeemed the season.

Season 2 was a bit of a shock as it was pretty much a separate and distinct story, but it tied in well and the characters were amazing.

One thing I realised while watching it, was the fact that I didn't have a favourite character. All the characters were amazing and compelling, even the jerks.
I liked the majority of S5 on my first run-through too, but the second time around, it left a (mostly) bad taste in my mouth.

FyreWulff

Now they just need to remove those maps from all playlists.

Pinnacle can stay in multi team, because 4 teams churning around keeps trap setups hard to maintain and establish. I'd demote it from Slayer though in other lists, and only put Objectives on it like KotH.

Havok

• Arena updated.

The Jetpack loadout was removed from Arena. We will be watching Arena’s population to help determine whether or not this will be a permanent change.
Best change of the week.

Just axe Super Slayer already - not even the Super Jackpot could get it above about a quarter of TS, leave TS to kids and their guests. Superior single-screen players can use Arena now.

Actually, considering the Double Super Jackpot in both Objective and Super, I wonder if they're concerned about the population in those playlists.

zap

Best change of the week.

Just axe Super Slayer already - not even the Super Jackpot could get it above about a quarter of TS, leave TS to kids and their guests. Superior single-screen players can use Arena now.

Actually, considering the Double Super Jackpot in both Objective and Super, I wonder if they're concerned about the population in those playlists.

They should remove Super Slayer, keep Arena updated with no jetpack and make it the 'default' playlist in the "Competitive" list. If you want crappy slayer with all AAs - go play TS, if you want to play better TU comptetitive games, play Arena.

zap

Pinnacle isn't as bad as sword base or countdown, I think. At least pinnacle is a bit bigger and a more open area.

Depends. A decent team can hold down the entire map and spawn kill like crazy. And don't get me started about how bad it was in swat.

I think Countdown could be a fine map, all 343i has to do is remove sword and shotgun, replace them with a pro-pipe and (maybe) a sniper with only one clip. Boom, map fixed.

But can we make the entire map low grav? That is the real question.

Settings>Player gravity.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Depends. A decent team can hold down the entire map and spawn kill like crazy. And don't get me started about how bad it was in swat.

It only has what, 3 sets of spawn points?
Maybe not that many, but I do know exactly where to look a few seconds after I see an enemy get killed.

Top Bottom