• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Pretty cool looking front page slide:

Good_Bye_Sweetheart.jpg
That pic was used at the Halo Fest Bungie panel. Just in color.

ElRenoRaven

Tis a sad sad day. The official end to the Halo/Bungie era is upon us. Now there are no more steps. Bungie shall forever be on the outside looking in on the universe they crafted with so much care and love.

*sniff sniff*

I'm not crying. I just have something in my eye.

*sniff sniff*

Good game guys! And Wu, we don't know what happened to you last game but we came to the conclusion that you rage quit. :p

Also Krow came out with a gem of a response on that boardwalk game.

ElRenoRaven

That used to be my Facebook cover page.
Halo concept art>everything else's concept art

Yes it is. I've honestly never found concept art that time and time again amazes me like Halos does. The closest anyone has come for me is Blizzards World of Warcraft concept art. That's a very close second.

TheOddOne

Tis a sad sad day. The official end to the Halo/Bungie era is upon us. Now there are no more steps. Bungie shall forever be on the outside looking in on the universe they crafted with so much care and love.

*sniff sniff*

I'm not crying. I just have something in my eye.

*sniff sniff*
See you starside.

*sniff sniff*

FyreWulff

A note from Achronos if you don't pop by the Stats API group that often:

http://www.bungie.net/fanclub/359873/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=71128202

As you may have heard, on March 31st, Halo player statistics will be transitioned completely to Microsoft. Your service record on Bungie.net will essentially freeze. It will not reflect new stats after March 31st, but retain an archive of everything before that time. Users of the Halo Reach Stats API should be aware of the following:

1. While the Reach Stats API will remain on for now, it is likely that we will end access to it at some point, possibly without warning.

2. There are minor differences between how gameIDs are stored in our archive and the live database. If your application relies on long-term consistency for this data, you will want to verify its intended functionality after the transition. You may find that historic links to games point to the wrong events.

3. If you have any questions about Halo stats, they should be directed to 343 Industries/Microsoft.

It seems Photobucket changed things and now they re size big images. Finding a new host, but I'm just gonna put it in a quote.

Page link

Wow, those are some crazy stats!

We all knew it was coming, but it is really strange knowing Bungie.net is done with Halo entirely now. Its sad times, but I have faith in 343.
spartans-halo-reach-deploy-artwork.jpg

So good
Helmet on the left is the shit

Man, so many awesome unused designs and concepts, imagine if a moment of the game actually played out like that.

TheOddOne

There are some games that have done justice to the artwork, namely Uncharted, Rage and Assassins Creed.

True, but I thought ODST did a great job looking more like its concept art.

That game definitely matched the mood conveyed in its concepts.
I felt that they should have given ODST the proper treatment, new/updated engine, fleshed out it a bit more and made it a flull fledged Halo game (instead of an addon).

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Well, that's just like, your opinion man.

But seriously, when I see concept art, I just go "ooo, preproduction material"

Actually Halo has pretty much always captured the hues, palettes and color feel of its universe in concept art, IMO. And some of it looks like screenshots at a quick glance.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Is matchmaking stable yet? I'm looking to get on after the Final Four games, maybe earlier if either of them turns into a blowout.

edit: nevermind, the Halo: Reach page on Facebook updated and said it is resolved

Homeboyd

I'm with you Elzar.. Fuckin love ODST.

Karl, not sure.. I think some back-end stuff, but it just appears to be a "memo" that it won't be picking up Halo stats anymore. I will NEVER download it.

NEVER!

Actually Halo has pretty much always captured the hues, palettes and color feel of its universe in concept art, IMO. And some of it looks like screenshots at a quick glance.
I'm always impressed how many people are fascinated from the Halo art until they spot the Halo logo on the bottom right corner of the "Let's Rock!" lithograph".

True, but the art often times has a lot more atmosphere and effects going on, and usually the ideas are much more grand, such as those Spartans running into battle. I will say the skyboxes usually capture the art perfectly though, like amazingly well.

Like I said, ODST nailed it.

So fucking sexy. ODST really is a fantastic game, artistically and conceptually. They really nailed it, if only Reach adopted more ideas from it, I could only dream of the HUB city structure during the events of Reach.

Top Bottom