• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Gazzawa

jXfbMnxG41Def.jpg

This thread is going places

Elzar, king of nightmares.

Now that I look at it more, now that I have more free time (job interviews aaa), her face is pretty striking.
Wonder if Paisha was used as a reference for this piece..
Just makes me more excited to finally see her in-game. God I'm such a Cortana fan boy. >_>

ZalinKrow

There is no post today. Mass Effect 3 won't get here till Tuesday the earliest. Xand is gonna lose his shit. :(((((((
Awh shit, sorry to hear man. At least you've got the Anniversary map pack..? :lol

I'm sure Halo news and this thread will tide you over until then heh

Elzar, king of nightmares.

Now that I look at it more, now that I have more free time (job interviews aaa), her face is pretty striking.
Wonder if Paisha was used as a reference for this piece..

Just makes me more excited to finally see her in-game. God I'm such a Cortana fan boy. >_>

More time for Halo with us perhaps?

Awh shit, sorry to hear man. At least you've got the Anniversary map pack..? :lol

I'm sure Halo news and this thread will tide you over until then heh

That's just cold man, cold.

Also not getting ME3 is a blessing in disguise. :p

This dude warms his hands before unzipping. That's some advanced fapping technique.

Lol.

Ah I see, I see :) And yeah, that second pic was overly sexual by AI standards. I'm hoping for some good ole MGS2 Raiden/Rose tension between the Chief and Cortana.

By the way, Overkill and I decided to work on a Asylum replacement together and we'll probably be submitting that tomorrow. We combined our maps taking the best of both worlds which has resulted in a more accurate remake with less objects and budget used than Refuge.

Is such a thing even possible...?

Also... Overdozyz + Overkill = Overkill or Overdozyz

Karl2177

Well, there's only so much you can do when instead of inserting his head into Cortana, he has to insert Cortana into his head.

Have a nice day.
This is how you can tell she's not a real person; you would switch the position of "his head" and "Cortana". Gimme symmetry

Edit: well you basically said that. I need more sleep.

Cortana: "Chief, I was in your head yesterday."

Chief: "... uuuungh... "

Cortana: "So, who was she?"

Chief: "... what?"

Cortana: "I saw the indicators.... the signs..."

Chief: "... uuungh."

Cortana: "WHO IS SHE?!"

Chief: "That's my Heads Up Display..."

Cortana: "... oh."

Chief: ".... uuungh..."

Cortana: "I'm sorry John."

Chief: ".... uuuungh"

Cortana: "Chief, I was in your head yesterday."

Chief: "... uuuungh... "

Cortana: "So, who was she?"

Chief: "... what?"

Cortana: "I saw the indicators.... the signs..."

Chief: "... uuungh."

Cortana: "WHO IS SHE?!"

Chief: "That's my Heads Up Display..."

Cortana: "... oh."

Chief: ".... uuungh..."

Cortana: "I'm sorry John."

Chief: ".... uuuungh"

I'm dying here LMAO.

bijrzb.gif

Fuchsdh

But if you know what it is from, it loses some of its value because Ghal didn't just leave another won game.

It works for any situation when there's a dawning realization.

I always pull up that match whenever I want a laugh though. It's great seeing sports commentators of all stripes actually stumped by something.

Halo needs more IdrA ragequit in MLG.

I'm subscribed to the print version of GI when is it supposed to arrive? Does it come out before the digital version? Might be a stupid question but, can it come on the weekend?

Overdoziz

Banned

I always pull up that match whenever I want a laugh though. It's great seeing sports commentators of all stripes actually stumped by something.

So what exactly is happening in that gif?

Hysteria's (I think it was him anyway) box freezing as he was about to cap the flag is as close to that as I can thik of :p

I wonder if Halo 4's campaign will follow the same format as the other Halo campaigns (ODST aside) of introducing a "new" enemy halfway into the game to mix things up. For Halo 1-3 it was the Flood, for Reach it was the Brutes.

I wonder if Halo 4's campaign will follow the same format as the other Halo campaigns (ODST aside) of introducing a "new" enemy halfway into the game to mix things up. For Halo 1-3 it was the Flood, for Reach it was the Brutes.

I still want a level or a majority of a level where all we do is explore and not shoot anything in the vain of metroid prime.

Frankie did say they're incorporating a much bigger feel of exploration and that feeling of discovering things on your own in an unknown world.

Yeah, that got me real excited along with the concept art for the game, even the tiny snippet on the gameinformer hub page, even if that structure looks like the decaying architecture of the jetson's family home. :p

I love that in the GI thread people have to post their collection of Halo Swag if they have negative things to say hahah. What the hell has been going on over there!?

Idra vs. MMA. MMA is feeling extremely pressured, and accidentally kills one of his own key buildings. MMA makes a final push that gets steamrolled by Idra's air... who then just leaves, handing MMA the win.

You miss some of the nuances by not being a Starcraft player, but here's the vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-kBxbbtYZc

Is there any explanation to why he quit? I dont know much about Starcraft, but why would anyone just quit like that lol?

Fuchsdh

Basically Idra is known for being a... tempestuous player. He's quit before. I dunno if he ever actually gave an explanation, but the probable reason is he thought MMA was far further ahead than he was and that killing off the main force wasn't enough, so he quit without actually bothering to check.

It'd be like a Halo player quitting since they were down by one, but their teammate was about to cap the flag. Only even more stupid since Idra had won and there was no chance MMA could come back.

Ken

Is there any explanation to why he quit? I dont know much about Starcraft, but why would anyone just quit like that lol?
I don't know enough about the game either, but it looks like Idra quit because he thought MMA would have had another wave of marines or something to finish off his remaining Mutalisks, a force that MMA didn't have. I'm guessing Idra wouldn't have quit had he known MMA didn't have anything left after that attack. But I'm just guessing.

Another thing: there was discussion in the GI thread about the graphic prowess of the Halo games. Frankie said in the other thread that the game runs at native 720p, but that leaves me asking: Is that coming at a price? Because if the choice came down to the game meeting some sort of pixel threshold and bigger, more intricate encounters, I'd take the latter over the former any day. I'm replaying Tip of the Spear right now, and the game's framerate dropped in the second AA gun encounter, and there weren't that many enemies on screen. At the very least, that many enemies on screen would not have caused Halo 3 to slow down. Now, I'm not an engineer, so the framerate drop could've been caused by something other than having so much happening on screen at once, or maybe the 360 can handles all those enemies at once, at that graphic fidelity without slowing down and it's just a mistake on Bungie's part, I dunno...

Edit: Of course, this is all assuming 343 wants bigger battles. Maybe they're toning down the scale and this works just fine.

Top Bottom