• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

OverHeat

« generous god »
I will play the game before Jumping to any conclusion. What sound bad on paper might be awesome when your playing it.

GhaleonEB

Ghaleon is not on suicide watch. I'm a co-op guy, and it sounds like Halo 4 it has a new co-op mode. I just hope it's customizable. Otherwise, I'm intrigued and awaiting more details.

I looked at pictures, but didn't read text. But my what pictures they are, holy shit.

.shin

Banned
So are Elites enemies still? GI is making it seem like the Elites are what we're fighting, and if that's the case, that's more disappointment added on.

TheOddOne

So are Elites enemies still? GI is making it seem like the Elites are what we're fighting, and if that's the case, that's more disappointment added on.
This was known for a long time, we have heard that they will not play a big role but they will be present.

feel

Ghaleon is not on suicide watch. I'm a co-op guy, and it sounds like Halo 4 it has a new co-op mode. I just hope it's customizable. Otherwise, I'm intrigued and awaiting more details.

I looked at pictures, but didn't read text. But my what pictures they are, holy shit.
Yeah, visuals look incredible both technically and in style. Campaign and coop are looking like they will be stellar.

My jaw is still on the ground.

TheOddOne

Where's my campaign info?
Only thing I can gather is that there is something trying to board the Forward at Dawn, Cortana is scared and calls out for Chief.

Some parts are redacted so I don't know whats going on there, but there is caption that reads "Halo 4 includes prologue before the campaign begins to bring players up to speed, whether you've played the previous games or not. "

More should be dropping, but dunno when.

cluto

I'd just like to mention this because I never see anyone discussing it. Jumping is such an integral part of competitive play and map design, but the jetpack completely ruins these. Seeing its return is incredibly disappointing. The only way to make the jetpack work is to have it available at all times and to design maps around its functionality, but doing so would make the maps completely unlike Halo maps, and therefore it has no place in multiplayer.

Kinda did, didn't it? Lol.

QjR89.png

It's not as sharp, but shit, that Elite must fucking like Skyrim a lot.

senador

Banned
It's mostly likely very real. ;)

My first impressions are of disappointment. I'll wait til my copy comes and I can read it fully, wait for more info from 343, more vidocs, and finally I'll wait to play it before I can really say.

Karl2177

I only care about MP.

It's mostly a mixed opinion. Some people really like it, and others vehemently hate it. The netcode is amazing, but the black screen host migrations are common(not nearly as much as MW3). With Zero-bloom, the game became a lot more playable. I might pick it up if you could get it at a large discount, like $20.

343's hesitance to calling the permutations 'perks' coupled with all of these similarities to COD (Spartan Ops, instant respawns, player investment impacts gameplay) really run against the grain of what 343 were leading us to believe was a studio driven by their love of Halo to be quite honest.

I'll wait with cautious optimism for more clarification, a sparkast in the net few weeks to discuss these in more detail and generally more information before really liking or disliking anything.

kylej

Banned
343's hesitance to calling the permutations 'perks' coupled with all of these similarities to COD (Spartan Ops, instant respawns, player investment impacts gameplay) really run against the grain of what 343 were leading us to believe was a studio driven by their love of Halo to be quite honest.

I'll wait with cautious optimism for more clarification, a sparkast in the net few weeks to discuss these in more detail and generally more information before really liking or disliking anything.

343 may like Halo, but the people who pay their bills want that COD money.

Kinda' funny now to think of all the heated talk about ADS that took place over on the gaming side the last couple of days.

If what we've just learned here is legit, 343 may as well put ADS in the fecking game. It's basically the only thing missing now.

I need a gameplay vid to see how this turns out, I'm not liking the randomized weapon spawns and the instant-spawnthing.

Red elite samurai armor looks sexy.

Pretty much.

Halo 4's new subtitle: Chasing After CoD (CACoD).

Perhaps weapon drops mean that each player has a heads up display as to when and where power weapons will drop. For example, both teams are alerted that rockets will respawn at X location in X amount of time. Now both teams have to fight over control of that weapon spawn.

I still wouldn't really like this system either though.

I can already see all the grenade spam happening.

Havok

Perhaps weapon drops mean that each player has a heads up display as to when and where power weapons will drop. For example, both teams are alerted that rockets will respawn at X location in X amount of time. Now both teams have to fight over control of that weapon spawn.

I still wouldn't really like this system either though.
This system exists as the Weapon Drop indicators in Invasion Skirmish and Elite Skirmish. What ends up happening is a team takes control of it, then everybody cramming into the circle and holding the pickup button to grab rockets before everybody else. Usually grenades are thrown and betrayals are had.

Or both teams just nade spam the circle. Either way, the random location just means that a proper setup by a skilled team is less and less valuable with random spawn locations.

Karl2177

Pretty much.

Halo 4's new subtitle: Chasing After CoD (CACoD).

I see CA anything and I think Certain Affinity. Let's just give everyone a choice of power weapon at spawn. But don't worry, if you think you chose the wrong one, you can find a different one at any of the 79 weapon spawns on the map, that are now randomized! Fuck yeah!

I don't buy into that mentality.

Seems like the easiest explanation.

Halo has a very unique playstyle, 343 is full of creative's, surely one of them would have been able to think of innovations which drastically pushed the game forward without obviously being influenced by CoD. Even if the changes are fantastic and play well, its easy to see where the inspiration comes from. Many of the new features in that article can be quite easily mapped to a CoD feature. Except Forerunner Vision, but Assassins Creed did Templar Vision first. :p

Top Bottom