• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

I have always liked this H3 picture:

OHolX.jpg

There was a thread about bullet casing in games so I threw that in there.

On a weird tangent, but I really hope drop in drop out is restricted to certain modes and playlists, someone joked earlier that everytime someone comes in an epic black screen will happen. I know that wont happen, but potentially anyone that comes into the game halfway through could lag things up. Or could be an idiot who commits suicide none stop throwing a won game. Or it could end up throwing you into a match which is like 5 kills away from finishing.

BTB is the mode that drop in/ out works in, but other than that im not a fan. In a way its always been there for customs, and so if the drop in is restricted to inviting friends, that could be ok, but thats probably too open to abuse.

Homeboyd

When does the Edge magazine come out? Is it supposed to have any exclusive content? Maybe it will clarify some of these things in the GI article before the podcast releases.

Arnie

When does the Edge magazine come out? Is it supposed to have any exclusive content? Maybe it will clarify some of these things in the GI article before the podcast releases.

As far as I'm aware it's just their preview from the Spring Showcase event. So technically there's no new information but Edge have a way of writing that sheds far more light on games, at least for me, than most other publications.

That's incorrect, isn't it?

Fear is the enemy of progress, learn to love ADS in Halo, it will be brilliant. :p

I actually think that a button scheme with aim mapped as LT could work. I suppose its not exactly ADS but it will probably make the transition easier for the people who primarily play CoD, CoD had the tactical layout which kind of helped the Halo guys out, so why not.

daedalius

I got my GI copy. I wish GI covered more campaign aspects and the creative process as well as introducing some of the talent at 343 that talked about their background and design philosophy.

The story hasn't officially released so it's possible it will happen but it would of been a good idea to have a media reveal from 343 themselves that properly demonstrates their multiplayer direction.

Multiplayer story is that you are a spartan 4 in a training holodeck.

I mean, I kinda figured this is what it was all the time; just now they are actually stating it.

Fear is the enemy of progress, learn to love ADS in Halo, it will be brilliant. :p

I actually think that a button scheme with aim mapped as lb would work. I suppose its not exactly ADS but it will probably make the transition easier for the people who primarily play CoD, CoD had the tactical layout which kind of helped the Halo guys out, so why not.

Players start with ADS but need to buy the HUD tech in order to use the weapons with more proficiency :p

heckfu

Banned
Good god Gaf-Dark is so hard on the eyes. Default layout is the way to go on secondapps/mockup but give it a go if you're curious.

senador

Banned
Good god Gaf-Dark is so hard on the eyes. Default layout is the way to go on secondapps/mockup but give it a go if you're curious.

I actually prefer lights on darks for readability, but that dark theme's style is off. The default one just looks more sexy.

CyReN

I love Dark Gaf personally, easy on the eyes for me. Only issues is the hyperlinks sometimes and showing what threads you've read in user cp for me.

Karl2177

How so? It is a WIP still, but login was fine to me.
It just went into a loop. I reloaded the page and everytime I went to type in my login info, the keyboard disappeared. The third try the password box kept resetting. Fourth try it finally worked. I'll use it for while. If its not better in the long run, I'll switch back to the old one.

EDIT: The box in the top right corner is really handy. I'm liking it aside from the initial issues.

senador

Banned
Frankie interview on Game Informer was interesting. You still have my trust, Franklez.

...and my sword.

It just went into a loop. I reloaded the page and everytime I went to type in my login info, the keyboard disappeared. The third try the password box kept resetting. Fourth try it finally worked. I'll use it for while. If its not better in the long run, I'll switch back to the old one.

Clear you cookies/cache. They are similar enough, and same domains so that is likely causing the issue. I have had a much better experience on mockup than the old one. Its being rewritten to be much better all around.

Top Bottom