• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Never heard of these guys. Not sure why this was built up as a kind of reveal for people to anticipate.
Frankie said it wouldn't be surprising.
I like info like this. Davidge did the E3 trailer and some of the other Halo 4 stuff.
It's a reveal because (some) people care and just want to grow to understand the project.
It's another piece of the puzzle, if you will.

Arnie

*Clicks composer reveal thread.

*Reads composer's names.

"Er, ok?"

Not a slant on these guys but there's nothing for me to get particularly excited about, doesn't mean they won't make a kick ass OST. The best of luck to them.

Never heard of these guys. Not sure why this was built up as a kind of reveal for people to anticipate.

Some people care. While I have never really listned to Massive Attack, I've certainly heard the name thrown around a lot. The concept art trailer had fans clamouring for more and now that we know the same dude is responsible, we can form a larger idea as to what to expect in 4's OST, without nowing exactly of course. Fans have clung on to Marty for so long and whoever holds the musical reigns could make or break the game. Not just anyone can step up to the plate and fill Marty's shoes.

TheOddOne

1dcf14bc3c46d4844d8a9625ab27e81972c96d5e.png

Arnie

I wonder if the video will contain any more multiplayer goodness? Hope so. Probably just a behind the scenes on the two composers though. Think panoramic shots of their heads in a glumly lit office space.

All the people left underwhelmed by this should probably get a hold of a copy of Mezzanine.
Spotifying now.

'Angel' sounds slightly like the concept art music.

heckfu

Banned
holy shit the hype. that trailer sounded MAGNIFICENT

also, did anyone else not see zeouterlimits the entire time the ginger was on screen?

Arnie

Well that was fairly interesting, some really nice new musical treats in there too. At one point there was a shot of Neil and someone else playing split screen Halo, and after a quick pause I realised it was just Reach. I think.

kylej

Banned
All the people left underwhelmed by this should probably get a hold of a copy of Mezzanine.

ehhh... I'm not sure that's valid in 2012. That's like U2 being the composer and saying all people underwhelmed should get a hold of a copy of The Unforgettable Fire. It's definitely an interesting choice though, excited to hear the results.

Myyke

Neo Member
Holy Shitballs that was some good music. Very happy with the direction they are taking!

I can understand why 343 felt they had to give this its own build up and reveal. Marty's music was such an integral part of the Halo experience and I'm glad 343 understands that; they want to show us that they are putting just as much thought and effort into crafting the music going forward, which is definitely apparent from what I have heard and now seen.

GhaleonEB

Interesting direction. All the music sounded good, and unusual in its composition (I mean that as a compliment), but not very strong melodies on first watch. Of course, they're just snippets. I'm really looking forward to a longer piece. It's a very different direction for the score, and that's a very good thing. This isn't Marty-lite, it's a whole new ball of wax.

Will the Halo theme return?

Arnie

There's a little bit of horror in the music that wasn't present in Marty's compositions. Which I quite like. The unexpected can be quite scary, and when the music takes an unexpected twist and you're on an ominous shield world called Requiem, I imagine it'll be quite foreboding.

Top Bottom