• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

my 1st halo 2 game i went plus 1 in a match of rumble pit on midship (3rd place). the noob i was, my tools of destruction where the sword, stickies and the smg

1st game of halo 3, i went 20-12 on last resort. tool of destruction, the AR. fuck i cant believe that the AR was my tool of destruction

GhaleonEB

Sure. Divide your number of games by 25, change the page number to that number.

(My first Reach multiplayer game - I played all the way through Campaign before I jumped on. I could almost be pro...)

Totally different subject - I wonder if Ghal has OT3 ready to go? Looks like we'll hit it sometime tomorrow.

Sure do. It's in the OT of this one! :p

I was intentionally not mentioning it because some people get cranky at all the thread title suggestions that pour in. But I've already got this one in the bag, and have since I posted the current. Hopefully that staunches the flood.

First Halo 3 game I went +0. =/ Though I think I'll blame this brah that went +24.
7069180181_526d09dc0e_b.jpg

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I think I my first Halo 2 game was on Zanzibar. Don't remember my first Halo 3 game. I'm on my phone so I can't check.

Ramirez

Jumping off of the Spire is always kind of thrilling, actually. It wouldn't make much sense if you didn't take any damage from that.

There should be some terminal height damage, but I agree that a Narrows or Valhalla man-cannon should not result in fall damage.

If I never have to play a game of MP on a map like Spire again, I'd be ok with that.

Have you ever read a GI, or are you just spouting nonsense every time someone brings up a magazine? GI has excellent write ups and articles on things not even pertaining to current videogames. Of course it's not the best medium to stay up to date given it's a monthly thing, but to dismiss the entire thing because the internet is better for seeing current games in motion is ignorance.

Yes, I have. My complaint is not about GI, but the use of magazines to show off a new game.

Ramirez

Yes, I have. My complaint is not about GI, but the use of magazines to show off a new game.

Perhaps no internet site wants to pay the price for the exclusive because 343 isn't even ready to show the game in motion to that extent yet. I agree that an internet site buying the exclusive rights to just images would be dumb.

heckfu

Banned
Vidoc was good, but am I the only one that still thinks the best vidoc ever released Halo related was the multiplayer one for Halo 3? I must have watched that hundreds of times before Halo 3 shipped. SO GOOD.

Reach multiplayer vidoc was my favorite. Take all your negative, current emotions away from the equation and it's easy to remember how magical that first watch was.

GhaleonEB

Reach multiplayer vidoc was my favorite. Take all your negative, current emotions away from the equation and it's easy to remember how magical that first watch was.

The Halo 3 MP one is still my favorite, but Reach's were great. It also had an incredibly hype-inducing MP trailer. Dat music. It's easy to look back on it and see all the troubles to come, but it's still great. Can't wait for the Halo 4 video roll out to begin, their videos have been superb so far.

Perhaps no internet site wants to pay the price for the exclusive because 343 isn't even ready to show the game in motion to that extent yet. I agree that an internet site buying the exclusive rights to just images would be dumb.

Agreed on that. I guess I just don't think someone buying exclusive rights to preview a game is necessary, especially for a game being published my MS. I'm sure whatever GI paid for this preview is not a significant amount of money compared to the revenue they will pull from sales of the game. I would much rather have MS and 343 control and release media themselves (think rockstar) than have this collection of misinformation and unclear explanations that come from doing something like this.

Also, I'm gonna find an HBO GO thread, but has anyone else had some seriously questionable video quality with the HBO GO app on the Xbox? My video quality jumps all over the place.

The Halo 3 MP one is still my favorite, but Reach's were great. It also had an incredibly hype-inducing MP trailer. Dat music. It's easy to look back on it and see all the troubles to come, but it's still great. Can't wait for the Halo 4 video roll out to begin, their videos have been superb so far.

Goddamn that trailer was good.

Could use one like that for Halo 4.

HINT HINT

NOKYARD

I think I my first Halo 2 game was on Zanzibar. Don't remember my first Halo 3 game. I'm on my phone so I can't check.
Mine too, 12:30 AM after a midnight release. Although it was solo and in preparation for a Day 1 LAN i was hosting the next day.

I remember jumping from broken window to broken window on the second floor and ended up doing a superbounce. I was convinced there was a hidden launch mechanism somewhere in the base and spent the next 2 hours looking for it, preventing me from previewing any of the other MP maps before the LAN the next morning. Spent the next afternoon scouring the internet (on my new & first computer) in search of this hidden launch mechanism and stumbled upon High Impact Halo. Signing up for that (sorely misssed) site was the first use of my current forum name. So, you could say my internet presence was born on Zanzibar.

CyReN

Dunno if it is a Frankie-soon but I saw this tweet:

https://twitter.com/#!/bsangel/statuses/190222752781844480

Or she is definitely talking about the Kinect Star Wars video she recorded.

What is soon though.

Anybody want to make a pot? I'll take Frankie or Ellis guess first. I got September 25th.

Halogaf Release Date Contest
CyReN - September 25th
Franklinator - October 2nd
Homeboyd - October 16th
Steelyuhas - November 13th
Biggest-Geek-Ever - November 20th

What is soon though.

Anybody want to make a pot? I'll take Frankie or Ellis guess first. I got September 25th.

CyReN - September 25th
Homeboyd - October 16th

Dang it, I was gonna say September 25th. I'll go October 2nd then.

feel

Someone needs to take that what if the phone rang gif and make it say what if Halo 4 played like a halo game.
Frankie knows how much we hate Reach and the way AAs were implemented there and is confident we won't hate Halo 4 and that it feels like a Halo game. BELI343 a little.

GhaleonEB

What is soon though.

CyReN - September 25th
Homeboyd - October 16th

It's going to be a Tuesday in November. Either the 13th or 20th, the latter of which was going to be my pick. Not much point guessing when the window is so narrow and the probably days are taken, but I'll take the 6th since there are no other pre-Thanksgiving days to pick.

But it's going to be the 20th.

A reminder that Microsoft is describing the release data as "holiday 2012", which typically means November and December, not "fall", as Halo 3 and ODST were described as; that usually means September or October.

What is soon though.

CyReN - September 25th
Homeboyd - October 16th

I will go with November 2nd on Friday.

Top Bottom