• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

The menus and fonts they used are terrible. Why is a nice user interface suddenly so complicated to do?

Other wise, i loved the game especially on the urban map. Very tactical, very fun. Without shotguns that is.
Didn't feel that tactical to me. The movement was crap, the controls were godawful, the maps don't seem to have almost any logic to them at all, just feels very very sloppy. It's like it's trying to be Battlefield and Gears all in one but achieving neither.

Didn't feel that tactical to me. The movement was crap, the controls were godawful, the maps don't seem to have almost any logic to them at all, just feels very very sloppy. It's like it's trying to be Battlefield and Gears all in one but achieving neither.

By tactical i mean you cant just run and gun cause ull die quick. But then you see a bunch of guys with shotties running around... and the tactical is right out the window.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I'm going to try it out later, but the entire game – from the menus to the gameplay – felt very counterintuitive. I felt like I was fighting the game even in the menus.

Lol, you must get confused easy!

By tactical i mean you cant just run and gun cause ull die quick. But then you see a bunch of guys with shotties running around... and the tactical is right out the window.

Eh, same shit with everyone running around with ARs/SMGs.

It's great in that it's not COD, but it's definitely got its flaws.

feel

Barcelona

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

These have been some glorious past 4 days for football fans that hate Barcelona (like me).

Fracas

#fuckonami
The Packers won't go (almost) undefeated again, it will finally be the Cowboy's year to shine.

RwVFZ.png

I keed, I keed

I miss the Rainbow Six days when a shooter required you to be careful or you died.
Battlefield 3, if you have a group, can provide some serious tactical action. Although probably not as much as Rainbow Six.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I miss the Rainbow Six days when a shooter required you to be careful or you died.

Unfortunately "skill" is not wanted in games these days. It's showing in all shooters these days even Halo and Gears.

Battlefield 3, if you have a group, can provide some serious tactical action. Although probably not as much as Rainbow Six.

If they didn't fix the Dart, I'm gonna have to disagree.

Homeboyd

The Packers won't go (almost) undefeated again, it will finally be the Cowboy's year to shine.
lol dude you a cowboy fan?

I have been my whole life (considering I've lived here my whole life) and dude.. Tony Romo and Jerry Jones deserve only bad things in life. I've hated them with a passion the past 5 or so years and that's my team. I HATE them. Bunch of primadonna, crackhead, celebrities that well, aren't very good at football.

I'm sorry.. I just hate tony romo so much. I know it's not all his fault... it's just that smug ass stupid face he makes when he throws a season ending pick... year after year... after year... after year...

Ehh

/rant

Oh, Halo is cool and stuff

Unfortunately "skill" is not wanted in games these days. It's showing in all shooters these days even Halo and Gears.

Im talking more about "pace". In R6, the game was slow and when u died, u had to wait till the round ended to get back into the game. Every game these days has the same pace.

TheOddOne

So now that Crysis 3 (a game coming out next year) has a gameplay trailer, I think we should get one for Halo 4 now. Yes? Yes.
BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
2 second of something happening

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
2 second of something happening

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Flashing lights everywhere

Trailer of the year.

Fracas

#fuckonami

Haha, that's the main problem. Although it's not as abused on big maps (Caspian FTW). But yeah, that shit needs to be fixed yesterday. Use a G3 w/heavy barrel, holo, and underslung M26 dart, and you automatically become Captain Awesome. I really don't understand how stuff like that gets past quality assurance.

TheOddOne

Microsoft expands network of TV-like ads on Xbox Live
Microsoft revealed on Tuesday that it has expanded its lineup of advertising partners on Xbox Live, and will distribute even more TV-like ad spots across the various media apps on the platform.

Xbox Live media apps such as ESPN, Last.fm, Manga Entertainment, GameSpot, and MUZU.TV will now include 15 to 30 second video ad spots. These partners join companies like UFC, TMZ, and Crackle, which have offered these video ads since December.

Microsoft first introduced these TV-like advertisements with last year's major dashboard update, as part of a larger initiative to grow the Xbox 360 platform from a games console into a full-blown entertainment hub.

According to Microsoft, that plan is working so far, as entertainment app usage has doubled year over year for Xbox Live Gold members in the U.S.

This trend toward multimedia entertainment has also coincided with an increase in ad revenue for Microsoft, as ad spending on Xbox Live has increased by 142 percent since 2010.
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME MS?

Fracas

#fuckonami
Oh wow, just saw the Crysis 3 trailer/GAF thread...they're doing things that "aren't theoretically possible on consoles"? You kidding me?

Stabilize Crysis 2 at 30fps first, then show me how this is going to look like the PC version.

edit: More ads?!

A full reveal of MP or spartans ops has me pumped, dont want to see any campaign stuff till i play the game i want to be amazed ever moment.

But by all means hit my with as much MP/SO stuff as you can

Fez, guys.

Fez.

Played trail was nice should i buy ?

Fracas

#fuckonami
A full reveal of MP or spartans ops has me pumped, dont want to see any campaign stuff till i play the game i want to be amazed ever moment.

But by all means hit my with as much MP/SO stuff as you can

That's how I feel. Although if I saw a bit of campaign that didn't contain spoilers, I'd be ok.

On a semi-related note, based on what we've seen, I'm guessing we'll see more first person cinematics in the campaign. Can't wait to see some of those, I like the little bits of that in Reach.

kylej

Banned
Yep, Fez is amazing. I'm most of the way through with finding the regular cubes and I love it. More games need to do as little hand-holding as Fez.

You haven't gotten to new game plus yet? Dude. The (first) ending. I just got it.

Dude. As someone who lives really tripped out, crazy and artistically challenging stuff... wow. Very cool.

For those who think Fez is a boring little indie platformer... Fez is not what it appears to be.

[/B]
RwVFZ.png

I keed, I keed

I play BF3 on PC and it feels more like Halo then it does R6. Guys take a whole clip half the time to die, i mean come on... They super soldiers or just soldiers? I enjoy it maybe 50% of the time. Sometimes i love it, other times i cant stand it.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
speaking of, how is Gears these days? I don't have a hard drive right now, so I haven't been able to get the maps and haven't played in a while

It's great. It and Halo are the best shooters on Xbox still. It has a steep learning curve though, you HAVE to be good with the gnasher if you don't want to be frustrated to hell and back.

It's great. It and Halo are the best shooters on Xbox still. It has a steep learning curve though, you HAVE to be good with the gnasher if you don't want to be frustrated to hell and back.

Thats exactly why i never got into it. Its as if, if you're not good with that gun, you don't stand a chance. Again with the shotty ;)

Top Bottom