• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

image.php

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
People who have played it: "It looks great, plays like Halo, and the changes are good"

Internet: "Good god they've CODized my Halo! Anyone who thought this was a good idea should be fired! What a bunch of morons at 343"
Plays like Halo could mean plays like Halo: Reach.

/whathaveidone

Ramirez

People who have played it: "It looks great, plays like Halo, and the changes are good"

Internet: "Good god they've CODized my Halo! Anyone who thought this was a good idea should be fired! What a bunch of morons at 343"

The problem is the people who have played it have no idea why I love Halo, so their idea of "plays like Halo" might be that the AR is still there.

GhaleonEB

The problem is the people who have played it have no idea why I love Halo, so their idea of "plays like Halo" might be that the AR is still there.

I've been keeping an eye out for comments that do touch on why I love Halo. Some of the impressions mentioned how fluid movement was, how agile they felt playing. I took that as a good sign after Reach.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

I think that's different for everyone too. Are there universal things that make Halo, Halo? It's pretty interesting to think about. I honestly feel like the graphical style is unique and that is one part. Shields is another big thing. To me there isn't a single Halo that doesn't feel like something other than Halo. It's a combination of things.

Here's why I don't like extraneous shit: it gets in the way of overall good competitive play. I'm one of those people who just likes a stripped down game with not that much shit going on. As such I guess I'll just be left in the dust when it comes to more and more games, since it's all about stupid gimmicky shit that I couldn't care less about.

feel

This Lemon dude knows what's up.

Please give this show a listen Frankie/David.

edit- everyone on the show knows what's up

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I've got Trials downloading and Fez pending. Don't let me down HaloGAF! What was the other XBL game Null was raving about a few days back?

Trials is so good.

I'm hooked.

For whatever reason, that playlist is pretty much all scrublords. I was playing the other day and got several 30+ kill games.

I'd be cool with a 10 shot kill pistol as long as the rate of fire is rapid (like Reach Beta Pistol on steroids).

As long as it doesn't have a fucking 8 round mag, I'm down for whatever.

I am 26 as of 4 minutes ago. :)

Happy Birthday!

Booties

Banned
9awav.jpg

The stem of a wine glass broke while I was polishing it. Had to get 5 stitches, but its all under workman's comp so I'll be playing a lot more halo until it's healed. Though there is nerve damage so some things are tougher than usual. No biggie.

vhfive

9awav.jpg

The stem of a wine glass broke while I was polishing it. Had to get 5 stitches, but its all under workman's comp so I'll be playing a lot more halo until it's healed. Though there is nerve damage so some things are tougher than usual. No biggie.

holy jesus that picture is big

9awav.jpg

That picture is massive!

Hope you heal quickly. I actually just tore ligaments in my foot and have a nasty ankle sprain from this past Sunday.

Ramirez

MLG can suck a cock with no party restrictions, UGH. Vanilla/TU Reach is pretty much misery after playing nothing but MLG. With no bloom in 4, it's already got like a 100 point lead on Reach for me.

Top Bottom