• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

So nobody saw this pic of Frankie talking to Claude.
lYoOa.jpg

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Just demoed MP to MLG guys at their surprisingly swanky office building on Park Avenue.

They are totes not mad at it. Including not being mad at DMR "bloom." Quotes around bloom because it's not the same effect as Reach.

Sprinting/breathing is an audio device to remind players they used up sprint, as well as immerse players in action. You can also hear subtle creaking of "leather" padding inside helmet. This is not a constant sound btw, but rather a contextual one.

Just demoed MP to MLG guys at their surprisingly swanky office building on Park Avenue.

They are totes not mad at it. Including not being mad at DMR "bloom." Quotes around bloom because it's not the same effect as Reach.

Sprinting/breathing is an audio device to remind players they used up sprint, as well as immerse players in action. You can also hear subtle creaking of "leather" padding inside helmet. This is not a constant sound btw, but rather a contextual one.

This just made me rage.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
No, but he blatantly stuck out in this picture:
(I marked him incase you are that blind!)
3BSRb.jpg

RG3 and Shea (HUGE Halo nut) and Matt Kalil actually everyone we met from the draft were awesome people, really nice. Me and RG3 are really good friends now. He is not aware of this friendship.

CyReN

I'd be more excited to meet Louis Wu than RGIII and I'm a football fan..

Looks like the MLG Halo news isn't good. If the news is true, this will be the first time since 2004 and 59 events that Halo wasn't on the circuit. Crazy stuff, wish they would just give us a clear answer or at least do us a minor favor and send a request to 343i to correct the MLG playlist so teams get matched up, this isn't 343i doing but MLG.

edit: I swear everytime I post Frankie above me.

feel

So nobody saw this pic of Frankie talking to Claude.
Moby?

It's not like they're gonna say something negative to you in person right after having the privilege to play the game 6 months in advance.

Can you just explain the new reticule bloom?

So I missed a lot of pages, do we know the default control scheme for Halo 4? THanks.

We know that sprint is on the left stick click and crouch is B.

Since it's all but confirmed that Halo won't be at MLG Anaheim, I need confirmation that the playlist will stay. Someone, please, ease my mind.

Considering the playlist is still in Halo 3, and obviously it's been off the circuit for two years, I would assume it's safe, but there probably won't be any more updates for it.

Can you just explain the new reticule bloom?

plz

daedalius

As hyperbolic as the MLG guys are, hopefully they will post some of their impressions from your demo.

Also, the audio cues seem like more fun to discuss than non-existent bloom. The THC thread with KillaKCs thoughts is literally talking about bloom in every post /snore.

You know it'll be on 360/PS3 too, with just exclusive WiiU features?
Yes, but that goofy pointless bit with scanning figures in sold me =P

It'd be cool if staying idle (or at least very slow) in cold and/or desolate areas fogged up your visor for a little bit. Not in an impacting "to add visceral depth we made it so that you can't take a break for more than 5 seconds" sort of way, just make it a basic translucent filter for after you mop up a few Prometheans on a mountain peak or something like that.
That actually would be a really awesome effect to have happen when idling.

So I missed a lot of pages, do we know the default control scheme for Halo 4? THanks.
I take it that it will be like Reach expect Sprint is LS and Crouch is B. I would guess AA is LB, and change grenade will be on the D-Pad

Glad to hear bloom is not the bloom we know, and honestly knowing that not all weapons have it works for me. Also, the stuff you describe with the sound effects sounds immensely awesome, I cannot wait to see thing game.

PS. If I create a swanky office can you demo Halo 4 for me?

Oh you. Damage Control Professional.

I take it that it will be like Reach expect Sprint is LS and Crouch is B. I would guess AA is LB, and change grenade will be on the D-Pad

This is exactly what I was hoping for, but we havent seen everything they're including, so as david just said above, it's probably this as the D-Pad will be used for some other feature.

I have a weird complex where I like to play default controls. Seems like a lot of people like bumper jumper. Should I try to change?

Basically.

Cool, overall it sounds like the controls will be really nice then. Out of curiosity, how is crouch jumping with crouch on B? Thats the only thing that has me a little wary, although I suppose people will be able to adjust to it.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
We know that sprint is on the left stick click and crouch is B.

Considering the playlist is still in Halo 3, and obviously it's been off the circuit for two years, I would assume it's safe, but there probably won't be any more updates for it.

plz

Oh yea! I feel better now lol

Frank while you're in the area you should stop by my place and give a live demo lol.

Tashi

Crouch on B? No thanks, I like my melee there. Also, I wonder if people will be clawing with that control scheme.

FyreWulff

Crouch on B? No thanks, I like my melee there. Also, I wonder if people will be clawing with that control scheme.

The nextbox will have accelerometers in the controller, so they'll be able to move crouching to moving your controller up and down. Immersive teabagging

Thats the only thing that bugs me about console games. You cant really set the controls up the way you want to exactly. You have to hope they have one scheme in there for you already. I hate going from one game to another which are both similar playing shooters, but for some reason have a completely different control scheme.

Tashi

Yea I'm not worried that there won't be a control scheme for me. I wonder what it will be called.

Real men play ????

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Cool, overall it sounds like the controls will be really nice then. Out of curiosity, how is crouch jumping with crouch on B? Thats the only thing that has me a little wary, although I suppose people will be able to adjust to it.

First off, we're including a bunch of control options so players can pick the one that best suits their playstyle. For me, I haven't needed to crouch jump very much on our levels so I don't find myself doing it often. You can definitely still crouch jump with B, you'd just need to be a little more careful about aiming your direction before you jump.

FyreWulff

Thats the only thing that bugs me about console games. You cant really set the controls up the way you want to exactly. You have to hope they have one scheme in there for you already. I hate going from one game to another which are both similar playing shooters, but for some reason have a completely different control scheme.

Brink has fully customizable buttons.

And then they forgot to put in more than one stick scheme.

Sigh.

Please don't mess up bumper jumper, please don't mess up bumper jumper.

This. My main concerns with the new control options:

- Sprint on LS and Crouch on B isn't going to feel like Halo (at first).

- Does this mean maps won't be designed with crouch-jumping in mind?

- I hope jetpack can be activated with the jump button, because I want to map jumping to LB, not AAs. Even if (god forbid) it behaves just like it does in Reach, that setup should work fine.

Top Bottom