• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

CyReN

CoD Black Ops 2 - 11.13.12

CODpo468_1335559756.jpg

Team 343i!
vs Team Treyarch

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
CoD Black Ops 2 - 11.13.12

CODpo468_1335559756.jpg

Team 343i!
vs Team Treyarch
I haven't heard anything about the new CoD but how do you guys feel about Halo going head to head in the same month with the new BOPs?

End of Halo?
End of CoD?
How many people will trade in their H4 copy for CoD?
Will Spartan OP's get more people to hold onto their H4?
Will H4 be enough of a mix of the old and new to pull in new players and old ones that have left?

How many more questions can I ask that you will say "IDK" to?

CyReN

I haven't heard anything about the new CoD but how do you guys feel about Halo going head to head in the same month with the new BOPs?

Props for MS learning from Gears of War 3 and using this to go head to head with it. I'm all for it, I like Treyarch but every CoD I've played has been getting cut in half playtime wise, becoming incredibly stale. I believe Halo 4 can take back it's "spot" on Xbox.
BELI343

----

League of Legends just got spectator mode, so cool.

At almost all ranges, on default Reach settings, jamming the trigger is the optimal route. See any number of rendered videos on bnet where random spamming wins out over pacing. It's the perfect example of devs balancing weapons through idiotic and circuitous methods. That this has to be pointed out to anyone a year and a half after the game comes out is hilarious.
Just curious but would anybody happen to have a few of these videos handy?

Oh. You're one of those people. Carry on.
Yeah - makes it almost impossible to take a person seriously, but all the same I'd love to see some how spamming is the best bet at all ranges.

Computron

Right, so I found the article. Here it is: Statistical-analysis-of-dmr-behavior

It shows that even with the TU the so called 'dice roll' of bloom favors pacing at the range that a DMR is designated for.

Mind you, even though I still think this is a much smaller issue than people make it out to be, I would prefer another method of range limiting weapons, although I am not sure what would be better.

Zero bloom seemed to require many more design changes to Reach's sandbox to go along with it before it would make sense to me.

Mind you, even though I still think this is a much smaller issue than people make it out to be, I would prefer another method of range limiting weapons, although I am not sure what would be better.
Maybe instead of making the bullets go all jazz hands to limit the range, they should just literally limit the range of the shots. Bullets don't register at all past whatever range the gun is designated for.

Kuroyume

Banned
Halo I'll get obviously.... But, I'm actually interested in Assassin's Creed for the first time. Love the setting and most games with that setting usually appear on the PC ( which is okay with me) in genres I don't care for. Will be interesting to see which of those games bombs or underperforms thanks to them being all bunched up like that. Suprised some of those aren't using August and September.

Whenever Rayman Legends come out, it'll be bought immediately.

Who knows what secrets E3 holds? Star Fox? SMB4!? DKCR2!? VIEWTIFUL JOE 3!?!?!?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Props for MS learning from Gears of War 3 and using this to go head to head with it. I'm all for it, I like Treyarch but every CoD I've played has been getting cut in half playtime wise, becoming incredibly stale. I believe Halo 4 can take back it's "spot" on Xbox.
BELI343
Bout' time we got some more BELI343RS in this thread.

gif3bqadk.gif

Can I get an amen?
IDK
Exactly! This is out of control.
October 16 - Bioshock Infinite <--- Maybe, never even got B1 or B2
October 30 - Assassin's Creed III
November 6 - Halo 4
November 13 - Call of Duty Black Ops II

hey-look-its-a-frogman1.gif
Fixed. Frog is awesome btw.

I don't even care, FyreWulff. I will give Capcom a blank check for Viewtiful Joe 3. Sexual favors, Ramirez style? Even that.

They can even sleep on my floor, for free!

ZalinKrow

Last game there was a guy called ¨Pleas dont¨ on the other team. Funnily enough, as soon as the match began:
¨Pleas dont quit¨
I like to think he was a messenger.

I have 2 beta invites.... you want one...

I need your email though so whatever email you use besides your imporant one. You need a decent system to play it.

Wait you have invites? That's the FPSMMO that's coming out right? I'm interested in an invite. I can pm my alternate e-mail address...

October 16 - Bioshock Infinite
October 30 - Assassin's Creed III
November 6 - Halo 4
November 13 - Call of Duty Black Ops II

hey-look-its-a-frogman1.gif
Only Halo 4, it will be. BioShock Infinite and Assassin's Creed III are pretty interesting and looking awesome but both are from publisher where the price gets dropped very fast. That's why I will wait. I do not care about CoD since the bullshit of MW2. Personally I dislike the whole Modern Warfare scenario. Hell I'm playing video games because I want to explore new worlds... The other games that may be on my list are Borderlands 2 and Metal Gear Rising. A must buy will be Zone Of The Enders HD Collection but this is not a full price title in Europe.
Otherwise I still have not played Skyrim. It is on my list. Definitely going to pick it up after I finished The Witcher II - Enhanced Edition.

I like 343i's slowly approach to Cortana. The material we got were pretty fascinating. I'm talking about Origins(The Halo Legend Short films narrated by Cortana and shows her point of view of the events in Halo), Human Weakness and Halsey Journey. Every of these content gives some hints about her condition and maybe her goals.

Top Bottom