• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

Conor 419

Banned
Just because it's requested doesn't mean it's coming.

Custom browser server has it's own host of issues aside from just "splitting" the player base.

We haven't seen dedicated servers for Halo before, no reason to suspect them now and if they WERE coming I'm sure it would have been one of the first things announced (that's a pretty large selling point).

Yeah...Halo 1 PC, which btw had the best online structure of any Halo game. They will not split the userbase, they will unite them.

I also doubt anything near the biggest Halo 4 features have been announced yet, if they have...lol

I genuinely expect dedicated servers at least, if Gears 3 had them, why on earth wouldn't Halo 4? Either way, I can't believe I'm seeing people trying to defend a forseen lack of these features, it's absolutely disgraceful if they don't make it in. We shouldn't be paying for an inferior service, it's an absolute con.

Please adapt to no dedicated servers and 20 fps gameplay with an abysmal matchmanking process. Thank you. We've made the game look really cool.

^Damn good Bung43 impression if I do say.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Yeah...Halo 1 PC, which btw had the best online structure of any Halo game. They will not split the userbase, they will unite them.

I also doubt anything near the biggest Halo 4 features have been announced yet, if they have...lol

I genuinely expect dedicated servers at least, if Gears 3 had them, why on earth wouldn't Halo 4? Either way, I can't believe I'm seeing people trying to defend a forseen lack of these features, it's absolutely disgraceful if they don't make it in. We shouldn't be paying for an inferior service, it's an absolute con.

Halo PC is not Halo on consoles, servers for both platforms are not the same animal. I would assume you already knew that.

Who's defending anything? I'm simply being realistic while you're getting all aggressive about features you think probably exist with your head in the clouds. You're one of those people who will be most crushed when the game fails to meet your expectations and post a video on youtube breaking your Halo disk.

Can't wait for page after page of Tower of Power and Team Swords in the custom game browser and for dedicated servers to be gated off behind paid DLC.

This guy gets it.

Havok

Can't wait for page after page of Tower of Power and Team Swords in the custom game browser and for dedicated servers to be gated off behind paid DLC.

Overdoziz

Banned
lmao there's like 20 of us and we just talk about KFC
FC0B9.jpg

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Since Halo 4 is only six months away can we please start getting these Reach playlist consolidated already?

Conor 419

Banned
Halo PC is not Halo on consoles, servers for both platforms are not the same animal. I would assume you already knew that.

Who's defending anything? I'm simply being realistic while you're getting all aggressive about features you think probably exist with your head in the clouds. You're one of those people who will be most crushed when the game fails to meet your expectations and post a video on youtube breaking your Halo disk.

This isn't an issue that's strictly related to Halo 4, this is an issue with Xbox live itself. The only reason I have directed this entire debate at this title is because Halo 4 is both Microsoft's flagship title, but also a title that has the power to facilitate a positive direction for online game for the entire industry. The multiplayer structure should not be inferior to that of other services, especially when we pay extra money for that service. There is no reason to believe Halo 4 couldn't emulate the system provided in Halo 1 on PC, other first person shooters have done it on consoles, games like Halo 4 should continue to do it.

And to your second point...no, absolutely not. I know what to expect from my Halo games, I am completely optimistic and actually very much pleased with everything in this game outside of the server issue. I have remained rational over the changes to multiplayer, I have thought that the little we've seen from the campaign has been intelligent, well designed and capable of leaving people very optimistic for the future of the series.

It's going to be a great game, but I want it to be the greatest it can be.

FyreWulff

If Megalo returns, what would you even search custom lists by? The objects spawned by the gametype?

"Search for games with Flags" -> CTF, Stockpile, Speedflag

"Search for games with bombs" -> Assault, Oddball

"Search for games with Skulls" -> Oddball, Headhunter, HaloBall, Hockey

etc. Using Reach gametypes as examples, of course not assuming they'll be in 4.

It is the dawn of E3 and hopefully the dawn of a new age for Halo. I am calling the members of this thread, the members of one of the largest and most dedicated Halo communities in the world to help me make one last push to this one year campaign.

http://halo.xbox.com/Forums/yaf_pos...ity-for-Halo-4---Support-This.aspx#post911181

This is in my opinion, the most important issue in Halo. If Microsoft truly want to show they're serious about their flagship title, they will not let its multiplayer structure continue to be outclassed by games which provide their service for free.

Support Custom Game Browsing and Dedicated Servers in Halo 4.

A custom game search is pretty high on my list of what I want from Halo 4, but I doubt it'll ever happen.

Conor 419

Banned
Props to Microsoft, they're clever as fuck for making their customers pessimistic over quality features, especially considering they pay for XBL.

If we don't get these, I genuinely see myself starting an 'XBL is a con' campaign.

Show that water graphics at E3 or bust. Just have a 5 sec clip of Master Chief tip toeing in the water or mud it seems from the Bulletin description of physics based surfaces.

Then it will equate to epic WIN. That is all.

Overdoziz

Banned
If Megalo returns, what would you even search custom lists by? The objects spawned by the gametype?

"Search for games with Flags" -> CTF, Stockpile, Speedflag

"Search for games with bombs" -> Assault, Oddball

"Search for games with Skulls" -> Oddball, Headhunter, HaloBall, Hockey

etc. Using Reach gametypes as examples, of course not assuming they'll be in 4.

By name of the server? MLG, Infection, Grifball, Boom Ball!, Snipers etc.
Maybe just by gametype like you said. Even custom gametypes are based on standard gametypes.

And if you don't want to deal with the inconsistent experiences that a custom browser can give you can just go into matchmaking.

Ramirez

Props to Microsoft, they're clever as fuck for making their customers pessimistic over quality features, especially considering they pay for XBL.

If we don't get these, I genuinely see myself starting an 'XBL is a con' campaign.

Props to the entire industry, they fleece gamers daily, and they eat it up.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

I AM A ROBOT

LETS PLAY HALO 1 DEMO RIGHT NOW

LOL

I have the original OXM HALO demo. The one that is set on the Silent Cartagropher level I believe. Then when you complete it, Sgt. Johnson talks about the game and says the best line, "Buy one.....HECK! buy two! that's a order soldier!"

That alone caused me to be a HALO fan forever.

wwm0nkey

Nothing against you guys. But I think 3 people on a room are the maximum. Let me try to find a room share partner. If I can not find one, is it possible to join your party? (Because I'd share a room with 3 guys before paying $800)
yeah sure no problem just PM me when you know.

I've had a campaign for Bungie/343 to hire me going for the last 4 years! It's been requested for years! It's only a matter of time, right guys?

Top Bottom