• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

Synapse got a pretty big overhaul. There's less cover where rockets spawn and the sniper (there's only one on the map) spawns where shotgun used to spawn. Bases didn't change thst much. I think that's about it for all the changes. Spawning is still pretty bad.
Overall, I think I preferred the old Synapse.

Another new map I did like was Image. It's a big cube with a wall in the middel. Bases are pretty big so there's a lot of combat over there too.

You get my (sexy) message on whatsapp fool?

Yes mom. I'll be there, but I'll appear offline so my stalkers won't invite me to their parties.

Appearing offline? Good idea you dirty scoundrel.

Overdoziz

Banned
Synapse got a pretty big overhaul. There's less cover where rockets spawn and the sniper (there's only one on the map) spawns where shotgun used to spawn. Bases didn't change thst much. I think that's about it for all the changes. Spawning is still pretty bad.
Overall, I think I preferred the old Synapse.

Another new map I did like was Image. It's a big cube with a wall in the middel. Bases are pretty big so there's a lot of combat over there too.
Rocket has been replaced with GL on Synapse. The glass windows in the bases also aren't there. Very much prefer the new version.

ME1 is way better. It had an actual awesome antagonist.
ME2 has much better combat but is worse in everything else.(imo)

ME2 was incredibly polished. ME1's story is the best, but ME2 felt like a game that was actually finished. There were hardly any bugs, everything felt right.

Gui_PT

ME2 was incredibly polished. ME1's story is the best, but ME2 felt like a game that was actually finished. There were hardly any bugs, everything felt right.

I only liked the combat more, to be honest. Oh and no stupid 150 item inventory.

Probing was horrible and made the universe seem much smaller. That "Mission Complete" screen at the end of every mission just ruined the flow. And no Liara in bed with me =(

ME2 remains the uncrowned king, though.
How should I ever trust your opinion in gaming? HOW! TELL ME! The only answer is Mass Effect 1 because of that and that. Shit man the whole universe Mass Effect 1 introduces is freaking amazing. But it got destroyed with ME2 and ME3. ME2 and ME3 are not bad games they are good. But damn ME1 is freaking amazing.

Gui_PT

What arguments do people have AGAINST the indoctrination theory anyway - I'm curious. Spoiler tag it.

It just doesn't make sense. Everything can be explained by bad writing or rushed development.

It'd be a giant slap in the face to tell you that most of this never happened, shepard was just dreaming!
And so what if he was indoctrinated? What the hell happened? Did the reapers win? Did we win? Did everything just blow up? We don't know!

Basically the incoc theory says is, he was dreaming. That's it. They don't tell you how the war ended. They don't tell you who survived, who died.

He was dreaming yay!

Besides, that's not how a game is made. They write it based on the assumption he is indoctrinated, then choose to drop it at the final section of the game but keep it through the rest of the game?
No sir, that's not how things are done.
And don't tell me they planned on making the new ending and explain the indoc theory with it. They made the new ending because they fucked up. They rushed the game and they made huge mistakes. Writing mistakes, continuity mistakes.
Their fault

What arguments do people have AGAINST the indoctrination theory anyway - I'm curious. Spoiler tag it.

Didn't BioWare confirm the indoctrination theory is not what they were going for? That is, "Lots of speculation from everyone!" Besides, it's a theory that sidesteps the more simple, obvious fact: It's badly written.

Didn't BioWare confirm the indoctrination theory is not what they were going for? That is, "Lots of speculation from everyone!" Besides, it's a theory that sidesteps the more simple, obvious fact: It's badly written.
No! That never can be a sidestep! It's BioWare! they know how to write! Look at Dragon Age 2! Only because Mass Effect 1, Jade Empire and KOTOR1+2 were badly written. Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect don't have to be too! Silly Dax!

MrBig

I go with indoctrination theory because it appeases many gripes I have with the game and can be quasi-proven to make me feel satisfied enough to move on and not think of the game again, considering it was supposed to be about player choice; but in the back of my mind I know it is really just bad writing.

Gui_PT

Jackpot in Firefight? I'll give it a go

Oh... I see 343 still hasn't dealt with the idlers problem

Well at least I tried one match

Why don't you just invite me to participate?

bCWTL.gif

kylej

Banned
All I want to know is why was Squad Slayer removed for no reason out of the blue

343 is terrible. I can only assume Sisqo has the reigns again and we've got the tyrant of ineptitude in control of the playlists.

Gui_PT

How dare you insult my lag.

lol it's mah lag, i'm surez

People can still do that jetpack trick to hide in courtyard?

This is ridiculous! Do they not have someone to deal with this crap?

Edit: Where do I find my screenshots on waypoint?

Overdoziz

Banned
All I want to know is why was Squad Slayer removed for no reason out of the blue
TU vs Vanilla poll
343 doesn't tell us the results: "ERRbody Luves SOMEtHINg!"
Some dude at 343 figured out 5v5 is the best for objective
With objective 5v5 there's no need for a 5v5 slayer playlist (apparently)
343 acts like they're listening to the community by giving us a replica of a shitty playlist

Halo playlist management.

lol it's mah lag, i'm surez

People can still do that jetpack trick to hide in courtyard?

This is ridiculous! Do they not have someone to deal with this crap?

Edit: Where do I find my screenshots on waypoint?

Screenshots don't upload to Waypoint, do they?

FyreWulff

My house.

So was removing the premium battle playlist.

I think that was to save it from a branding fuckup, anyway. They had Premium Battle, and it was doing solid numbers. Then when Anniversary hits, for some reason Premium Battle gets Anniversary required added to it even though there was all the other Anniversary lists, so now just owning Defiant and Noble became utterly pointless, so the numbers started to tank, since you now had to pay for another 15$ of DLC just to play your other 20$ of DLC.

Then they took it off, but the list was in such a tailspin at that point that they had to kill it.

Then they brought it back with the new name and Slayer-only, then reintroduced the objectives, so Squad DLC -is- pretty much Premium Battle again.

I can't understand what on earth 343 was thinking when they decided to take a unique playlist out and then replace it with a carbon copy of another playlist, removing all the best things about Squad (No forge maps, no Armour Lock).

The culmination of them hanging onto "Default Reach will remain Default Reach" by a fingernail.

zap

Rocket has been replaced with GL on Synapse. The glass windows in the bases also aren't there. Very much prefer the new version.

New Synapse is cool - better weapons, brighter and more routes and ways to move around the map. I much prefer it.

343 is terrible. I can only assume Sisqo has the reigns again and we've got the tyrant of ineptitude in control of the playlists.

I still can't believe this hasn't even been addressed. 343 could placate us by just giving us one good playlist back. I don't care about all the other screwed up playlists and settings, as long as we are given a home.

I can't understand what on earth 343 was thinking when they decided to take a unique playlist out and then replace it with a carbon copy of another playlist, removing all the best things about Squad (No forge maps, no Armour Lock).

I bet that most people would have prefered that 343 kep Team Slayer full bloom and left Squad in. I played a bit of Team Slayer to vote for TU when it was an option so if I had to play TS, it would be better. I wish I hadn't voted. It was really misleading and resulted in one of the most nonsensical decisions of Reach.

:|

Overdoziz

Banned
Bulletin 3.01.12 said:
• Squad Slayer retired.

Fret not! See above. And below.

• Super Slayer added.

After analyzing the Team Slayer voting data that took place the first two weeks of February, we were able to draw several instructive conclusions. Most importantly we learned that:

A significant portion of Halo: Reach players enjoy the Title Update settings.

A significant portion of Halo: Reach players enjoy the original Halo: Reach settings.

A significant portion of Halo: Reach players simply enjoy playing Halo: Reach.

To make sure all three groups have a Team Slayer option that fits their preferred way of playing the game, we are adding a new playlist called Super Slayer. Super Slayer is a replica of Team Slayer with the Title Update changes included. Team Slayer will still be available with its original settings intact, and Super Slayer will peacefully coexist with it, happily fulfilling your Slayer-related Title Update needs.

Thank you for all the feedback that allowed us to make this decision. We heart you. More than you know.

Still makes no sense.

At least Premium Battle was removed because only 3 people were playing it at any given time. Squad Slayer was removed for no good reason.

heckfu

Banned
Happy FA cup day to everyone. While its been today a while for some of you, it only recently became today for me. Grow up.

Top Bottom