• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

Just played spec ops the line demo, terrible and formulaic, the only thing going for it is it's relatively unique scenery (it's set in Dubai ).

Also I love how there always seems to be an army of video game bad guys hiding in containers, red containers no less.

Everybody knows this things explode. Silly soldiers.

CyReN

Just played spec ops the line demo, terrible and formulaic, the only thing going for it is it's relatively unique scenery (it's set in Dubai ).

Also I love how there always seems to be an army of video game bad guys hiding in containers, red containers no less.

They should have just canceled it, played in their "private" beta a few years back and it wasn't the greatest, along with the delays over and over it's turning into Duke Nukem Forever.

Awakening: The Art of Halo 4

Titan Books Signs Up Lavish Art Book of Eagerly Anticipated New Halo Game

Titan Books has acquired exclusive worldwide rights to publish Awakening: The Art of Halo 4. The deluxe hardcover title will showcase never-before-seen concept art from the next blockbuster installment in the iconic franchise.

The award-winning Halo series of video games has shaped entertainment history and defined a decade of gaming. Set in the aftermath of Halo 3, Halo 4 marks the beginning of a new trilogy as Master Chief confronts an ancient evil that threatens the fate of the entire universe.

Awakening: The Art of Halo 4 is a stunning hardcover with pages of Halo 4’s spectacular characters, weapons, vehicles, and environments. This collection will provide a detailed look at the art created specifically for Halo 4, with commentary by the creative team at 343 Industries.

Senior Commissioning Editor, Laura Price, states, “Halo art is simply stunning and Halo 4 has some of the most powerful and beautiful concept art I’ve ever seen. Halo is the godfather of gaming and we’re delighted to be involved with the new release.”

Awakening: The Art of Halo 4 will be published in November 2012. Titan Books will be working closely with Microsoft and 343 Industries to promote the title.

The Halo series of video games has sold more than 40 million copies and the franchise has generated over $2 billion to date. Halo games are bestsellers on both the original Xbox and Xbox 360 platforms. Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2 were the top two selling games on Xbox, and Halo 3 and Halo: Reach are two of the bestselling games on Xbox 360. More than 3.3 billion hours of Halo gameplay has been logged by players while connected to Xbox LIVE.

Paul Davies—an incurable Halo fanatic—has worked in gaming journalism for twenty years, writing and editing magazines and websites, including Official Nintendo and Computer & Video Games. He is the co-founder and director of media agency Unlikely Hero Ltd. whose clients include Yahoo! UK and Microsoft.

Link to the article: http://halo.xbox.com/blogs/Headline...Books-Signs-Up-Lavish-Art-Book-of-Halo-4.aspx

Is this new Spec Ops game part of this series of $10 PSX games?

jboabcjDFwBCxl.jpg

Ramirez

We should play more often.

We should, my schedule is so sporadic and I'm usually so tired that I don't feel like bringing you down with me, lol.

I was balls tired last night, and it made the game 100x more frustrating than it usual is, hence my sour posts. Point still stands, MLG is the only good Reach option, even if you get pounded every game!

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
We should, my schedule is so sporadic and I'm usually so tired that I don't feel like bringing you down with me, lol.

I was balls tired last night, and it made the game 100x more frustrating than it usual is, hence my sour posts. Point still stands, MLG is the only good Reach option, even if you get pounded every game!

Whatever, if you see me on just hit me up. I would rather play with you than some of the fuckin scrubs I get matched with.

If the Jetpack makes its return in Halo 4, I hope it will not be the same as his counterpart in Reach. You nailed it already: Jetpack breaks the flow. And it will always do it, so long it is optional. I prefer it to be a thruster pack. It gives you a small additional boost to your jump, nothing more. Perfect.

And you edited your post and so my post is utter bullshit because I'm saying the same as you.

Did anyone play the Battlefront 2? The Dark Trooper in that (from what I remember) had basically just a jump-pack. You could hit boost and you'd pop into the air a little ways. I think that would be way better than this sustained thrusting.

Although honestly I just want fucking armor abilities to go away and never return. Whenever I play Anniversary it's just a wonderful feeling.

Edit: Actually that Dark Trooper was able to fly farther than I remember...

Edit 2: lol Cyclone

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Did anyone play the Battlefront 2? The Dark Trooper in that (from what I remember) had basically just a jump-pack. You could hit boost and you'd pop into the air a little ways. I think that would be way better than this sustained thrusting.

Although honestly I just want fucking armor abilities to go away and never return. Whenever I play Anniversary it's just a wonderful feeling.

Edit: Actually that Dark Trooper was able to fly farther than I remember...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww rigggggght.

ZalinKrow

I knew I should have checked before I typed it. :p

Anyway, I'm going out for a run with a long time friiend, will be on Halo later tonight, I expect the usuals to be there.

Check in on Calum while you're at it, make sure he's not dead like :p Unless of course he's the guy you're running with (see how I assumed it's a guy?), in which case, carry on :)

I'm heading home around 9ish, so I'll be on sometime after then I reckon. Could be closer to 10 before I get to play anything.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Has anyone got Zero Bloom to show up as an option in Super Slayer yet? I've never seen it and I mostly play Super Slayer.

Nope, I sure haven't and I'm really sick of the AAs in that playlist. I would play the other playlists that don't have AAs like Armorlock, jetpack and cloak, but the populations are fucking tiny.

Tawpgun

Knowing every inch of the map before you fire a single shot. Felt oddly comfortable.
My first game of retail reach was on Reflection. With my experience in the beta and knowledge of the map much donging was done.

Seemed like I was playing with people who never played Halo 2 also.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
My first game of retail reach was on Reflection. With my experience in the beta and knowledge of the map much donging was done.

Probably, I didn't know Reflection at all when I got Reach. I didn't have time for Halo 2 MP as I was busy as hell in the Army at the time, so I only really had time for the game's SP. There are probably a lot of big Halo fans who got Reach and were completely new to Reflection.

First week of a new Halo game is always a pleasant experience. So many new players, so many opportunities to inflate your K/D.

heckfu

Banned

Same thing with me last night. Was working on my thesis around 2:30 and took a Halo break. So exhausted so I wasn't even like making smart runs and on top of that Biggy had his friend telling me how to play Reach.

Oh really douche bag? DON'T run at the guy with the sword?

Noted.

kylej

Banned
If people need someone to play really sloppy MLG with, I will be around.

MLG even inspired me to do a bit of a tuneup on my tools of wape

222.jpg

Ramirez

Same thing with me last night. Was working on my thesis around 2:30 and took a Halo break. So exhausted so I wasn't even like making smart runs and on top of that Biggy had his friend telling me how to play Reach.

Oh really douche bag? DON'T run at the guy with the sword?

Noted.

You must manage your HaloGAF play togethers carefully, or this can happen!

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Has anyone got Zero Bloom to show up as an option in Super Slayer yet? I've never seen it and I mostly play Super Slayer.

i've seen it a few times but have only played it once or twice. not arguing whether ZB is an improvement or not, but i really dont like having voting options for gametypes that change the way the core game is played. ZB should not be an option in playlists that feature TU or vanilla settings (and vice-versa)

Kuroyume

Banned
Reflection only worked in the campaign because of H2. If they had a Lockout or Pit environment in the game it would have had the same effect. It was a big wtf to be playing an area in a level that I played games on six years earlier. It's not the same when you take an environment like Boardwalk and then introduce it in multiplayer or vice versa when it's making its debut in that same game.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
LUNCH TIME HALO.

Edit: OR BRUNCH OR DINNER, I GUESS, DEPENDING ON YOUR TIME ZONE.

i've seen it a few times but have only played it once or twice. not arguing whether ZB is an improvement or not, but i really dont like having voting options for gametypes that change the way the core game is played. ZB should not be an option in playlists that feature TU or vanilla settings (and vice-versa)

It's the third option though, so it will never be played unless the majority wants to play it.

CyReN

If people need someone to play really sloppy MLG with, I will be around.

MLG even inspired me to do a bit of a tuneup on my tools of wape

222.jpg

Wireless? What is that!

Nah I use wireless too, hate that damn cord.

-----
Getting on Kitten666.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Thankfully my router is on my desk so I'm completely wired in. Wired internet, controller, microphone, mixamp. I love wires!
My desk is a mess

I preferred Reflection over Ivory tower for slayer, as AA made the whole control over the top area are more dicey, and interesting proceeding.

It was a shame that the objective playlist never got so much love, as those elements then broke the map (and the inclusion of bubble shields) for slayer.

heckfu

Banned
Thankfully my router is on my desk so I'm completely wired in. Wired internet, controller, microphone, mixamp. I love wires!
My desk is a mess
I'm anticipating my new place later this month (after my big move!) will not be that contained. I have a pretty righteous sound system and will be living alone so I don't see the need for headphones. As far as wires go I foresee having to be mostly wireless since it'll be in s living room area and not around my desk.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
While we are on the topic, any suggestions for a good modem? The one Mediacom (provider) gave me is causing my random web drops, and they don't seem to see an issue, so I may buy my own.

Striker

I preferred Reflection over Ivory tower for slayer, as AA made the whole control over the top area are more dicey, and interesting proceeding.

It was a shame that the objective playlist never got so much love, as those elements then broke the map (and the inclusion of bubble shields) for slayer.
Ivory Tower shined in 1-bomb, and was good for Slayer Pro and Snipers in 2, also. At least I liked it alot then, because of the settings used and the flow of the map. With the changes to Assault in both the map, and in the game settings, it never was quite the same. Sans AA's, I do enjoy the map, certainly one of the best ones. But like most maps not built around AA's, it's not a pleasurable experience with them.

Top Bottom