• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

Arnie

i dont think we'll be seeing a multiplayer vidoc until after e3, especially if they plan on showcasing it their. if they show us everything now, they have nothing to show then.

just guessin'

I think E3 and beyond will be delving deep into campaign, co-op, saved films and forge.

I'd almost guarantee we'll see the multiplayer before E3, as is the tradition in the past. In fact, if I'm being completely optimistic I think we'll see a vidoc before the end of April.

Karl2177

Not sure if anyone else cares about their final bungie.net Service Record page, but due to some bug your Service Record nameplate switched to whatever it was in July. If you want to have it reflect what you actually use, you can go to the Nameplate page again. Take note: it won't change your nameplate in game; it will only change on the bungie.net page.

FyreWulff

Not sure if anyone else cares about their final bungie.net Service Record page, but due to some bug your Service Record nameplate switched to whatever it was in July. If you want to have it reflect what you actually use, you can go to the Nameplate page again. Take note: it won't change your nameplate in game; it will only change on the bungie.net page.

Yup. Got rolled back to BUNGIE instead of Marathon. At least I can ogle all the nameplates again.

No HaloGAF Radio logos in my PMs

:(

Just sent you a PM (no logo though).

I think "HaloGAF Radio - The Official HaloGAF Podcast" is a bit redundant.

I think "HaloGAF Radio" stands on its own. That, or "The HaloGAF Community Podcast" or even something like:

Spartan Radio - The Official HaloGAF Podcast
Ansible - The Official HaloGAF Podcast
Comm Chatter - The Official HaloGAF Podcast
etc.

Just sent you a PM (no logo though).

I think "HaloGAF Radio - The Official HaloGAF Podcast" is a bit redundant.

I think "HaloGAF Radio" stands on its own. That, or "The HaloGAF Community Podcast" or even something like:

Spartan Radio - The Official HaloGAF Podcast
Ansible - The Official HaloGAF Podcast
Comm Chatter - The Official HaloGAF Podcast
etc.
Agreed!

G17

why? you get to choose whether you want to start with a BR or not

It was mentioned in the vidoc (the gif above) so I assumed there were going to be certain gametypes where your loadout primary weapon is not used but rather the gametype primary weapon.

Ok since we can't seem to settle on the Podcast name and time is running short. I'm just going to call it, "HaloGAF Radio - The Official HaloGAF Podcast"

There it's done. No more arguing or coming up with silly names. It's simple, it's classy and I think it works.

Now, we need a logo. PM me the logo you guys come up with and after a day or so I'll post a poll so we can vote on it.

Please quote this on each new page so everyone can see it. Thanks!

-Tashi
New page.

I'm looking forward to this! If I had any artistic ability I would send you a logo.

Tunavi

Banned
why? you get to choose whether you want to start with a BR or not
Who would start with an AR when they could start with a BR? Eventually they will realize that the BR is the weapon they should use.

Maybe this is that adaption concept Juices always talks about...

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
with talk of the halo 4 AR feeling "beefier" would haloGAF use it in halo 4 if it was considerably superior then pistol or br at medium to close range?

It was mentioned in the vidoc (the gif above) so I assumed there were going to be certain gametypes where your loadout primary weapon is not used but rather the gametype primary weapon.

Well, I would assume they would retain the ability to force you to spawn with different weapons, but I am going to assume the majority of the MP experience will be 'custom' loadouts. The custom starting weapon thing doesn't have me too worried at all, Im sure the weapons applicable will be ones we are used to spawning with anyways, or at least very similar.

with talk of the halo 4 AR feeling "beefier" would haloGAF use it in halo 4 if it was considerably superior then pistol or br at medium to close range?

Maybe. Make it more complex and fun to use. Also, make it look less goofy.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

not what i meant actually. what if the halo 4 AR is just as noob friendly, but now a truly competent weapon for its role. beginers have a useful tool - would haloGAF "adapt" and use it when its at their advantage?

i think they'd just bitch.

FyreWulff

It's already got complexity to it that most people refuse to learn how to use. Like me, and 3 other people.

It's why it got nerfed in the TU, Ellis got tired of being BURST FIRED in customs.

I mean, what can you really do at this point? I guess you could make it switch modes somehow but then you're just kind of aping Perfect Dark there.

Here's what Frankie said:

Yesterday, Burnie from RvB was here, working on an RvB thing for later this year. He got a chance to play and was having trouble describing the "feel" - because he wanted to express that everything felt incredibly heavy and solid, but that those terms ran counter to the speed and smoothness he wanted to describe, when he tried to put it in words. So he ended up saying "beefy."

So there you have it. Officially, it's "beefy."

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
It's gonna be just for the 1st episode. Give people a heads up, let them know HaloGAF is better than everyone else.

not what i meant actually. what if the halo 4 AR is just as noob friendly, but now a truly competent weapon for its role. beginers have a useful tool - would haloGAF "adapt" and use it when its at their advantage?

The "shoot to drop shields, then shoot the head" aspect of Halo combat is a big part of what makes the gunplay fun for me. If the AR suddenly outstrips all the headshot capable weapons at any range (whether it be short, medium, whatever) I would be disappointed and my playtime would drop. AR gunplay feels boring to me.

If it was to my advantage I would use it, but it would still be legitimate to complain if it butchered the sandbox. I rarely use the AR as it is now, it usually is a last resort weapon for me. If they could beef it up without it ruining the sandbox I wouldn't mind, but it may require a lot of changes to get it to that point.

It's already got complexity to it that most people refuse to learn how to use. Like me, and 3 other people.

It's why it got nerfed in the TU, Ellis got tired of being BURST FIRED in customs.

I mean, what can you really do at this point? I guess you could make it switch modes somehow but then you're just kind of aping Perfect Dark there.

I would love for secondary firing modes, such as burst fire.. That said, it really would change things up and I don't see them doing that. Also, the Assault Carbine may basically be the burst fire AR.

HaloGAF.com/juniors

Tips for Junior Members. Requesting submissions to add to the page.

Then whenever we have a new wave of juniors (or one wanders into the thread as they do from time to time) we can just link them to that page. Hopefully this will reduce the amount of basic questions that keep getting reposted. (It won't.)

Feathering trigger = COMPLEXITY

Who would start with an AR when they could start with a BR? Eventually they will realize that the BR is the weapon they should use.

Maybe this is that adaption concept Juices always talks about...
you'd think after halo 3 where getting the BR in AR start games basically ends the game they would know this already. AR kids are going to be AR kids, and I'll be happy to walk all over them all day

TheOddOne

Yeah, no.
okayguy.jpg

We already knew there were multiple platforms. Didn't you guys watch the Xbox Showcase video?

Warhouse had a couple platforms around the mech, and Wraparound had that big one in the middle.

Top Bottom