• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl2177

Forge improvements look great. Magnets alone will make a big difference.

I guess I understand why they keep making Regicide out to be a big deal, but...it's kinda just Juggernaut with more points for killing him. I don't really get it. FFA is never a big thing in Halo, why would it start to be now?
The worst part about it is that you can make a mode incredibly similar in Reach/3. Set Leader Traits and add a Leader Kill bonus. Done. Regicide.

Forge improvements look great. Magnets alone will make a big difference.

I guess I understand why they keep making Regicide out to be a big deal, but...it's kinda just Juggernaut with more points for killing him. I don't really get it. FFA is never a big thing in Halo, why would it start to be now? It just reminds me of how Headhunter was placed on this pedestal pre-release and turned out...well, it's Headhunter and I don't want to play it ever again.

Damage Boost continues to gross me out.

Regicide is more like standard ffa than juggernaut.

Did you think Construct was ugly as sin? I imagine a Forged Construct using dynamic lighting on the Forerunner architecture will look DAMN impressive compared to the same thing attempted in Reach.

I don't think you'll be able to make a map look at good. That's also an example of the one type of map that lines up aesthetically with Forge's palette.

I like Forge, I think it's a cool feature, but it is not something that should house the majority of the MM maps in core playlists. I have yet to play a good community forged map in a core MM playlist in Halo 3 or Reach. Just keep it out of the core playlists.

The summary is your balls are fucked.

senador

Banned
I'm sorry but I don't see that happening. Without terrain editing, the actually environments will commonly not be used (like in Reach), and a lot of the maps will end up being almost entirely Forge pieces. No matter how much you improve the look of the actual Forge pieces, and even with lighting, those maps are going to continue to be ugly as sin.

Lighting will help, but boring gray pieces with different lighting are still boring gray pieces just with slightly different shade of gray.

Did you think Construct was ugly as sin? I imagine a Forged Construct using dynamic lighting on the Forerunner architecture will look DAMN impressive compared to the same thing attempted in Reach.

Construct looked fine to me. If they can get Forge pieces looking like that, that'd help a lot. But then you run into the problem of all maps looking like Construct. Heh.

Omni

Yeah I think all of the Forerunner maps like Valhalla, Construct, Narrows, and Citadel look good, so this lighting feature will really improve the appearance of Forge maps. Now if only they can stay locked at 30 FPS.

Something tells me it isn't happening. At least this gen, anyway.

How long have you been a member of NeoGAF? How long have you lurked?
Just approved after months of waiting. Lurked on and off for the past year.

How old are you? What country or state are you posting from? (Optional)
I'm 20 years old posting from the beautiful Sierra Nevadas in California.

How long have you been a Halo fan? Have you played all the games?
F5ukwl.jpg

That was our first ever Amazon purchase, I was just about to turn 10 at the time. Been in love with Halo ever since then.

What mode do you spend most of your time in?
(i.e. Multiplayer, Campaign, Forge, Firefight, Theater)
I honestly can split my time equally between everything. I love the Halo Universe and am a big fan of the lore. I also enjoy MP (less so in Reach), but I can still find enjoyment there. I consider myself above average.

What is your favorite playlist?
(i.e. MLG, Action Sack)
MLG and Arena as of lately because AAs piss me off too often.
Help us get to know you better. (Optional)
Well the reason I became interested in HaloGAF was because all my friends that I used to play Halo with have moved onto other games (mostly COD). I enjoy discussing all aspects of Halo, and this community seems really diverse.

About me. I'm a baseball pitcher in College, I injured myself in April 2011 and haven't played since. I take baseball very seriously and worked my ass off over the past year to get healthy again so that I can play this fall. Baseball grants me free schooling, so I really couldn't ask for much more.

I am not going to come into HaloGAF and drop Tashi Ceiling jokes, or act like a regular. Just because I lurked that stuff doesn't mean I was a part of it. I will do my best to ease my way in, and get to know you all as myself.

Thanks for your time :) My GT is SLT Poison, could really use some Halo playing buddies.

I have not seen it posted here but I think HBO already reported about it. At the end only 1% will care:

mbss.jpg

"We recently got to pay a visit to 343 Industries and meet up with Franchise Development Director Frank O’Connor. We wanted to show him what we were up to lately, so we brought out the first release in our new Mega Bloks Signature Series. We’ll have more details about this available soon, but for now, feel free to discuss it amongst yourselves in the comments!"
http://halo.megabloks.com/blog/2012/06/mega-bloks-signature-series-343-industries/

If the set has the same amount of details like Lego's Ultimate Collector Series, count me interested to buy it. I like UNSC Infinity's ship design.

Ryaaan14

Banned
I am not going to come into HaloGAF and drop Tashi Ceiling jokes, or act like a regular. Just because I lurked that stuff doesn't mean I was a part of it. I will do my best to ease my way in, and get to know you all as myself.

Thanks for your time :)

I like you sir.

Homeboyd

About me. I'm a baseball pitcher in College, I injured myself in April 2011 and haven't played since. I take baseball very seriously and worked my ass off over the past year to get healthy again so that I can play this fall. Baseball grants me free schooling, so I really couldn't ask for much more.
nerd jock alert!

Thanks for your time :)
Dibbs.

Welcome bro

I have not seen it posted here but I think HBO already reported about it. At the end only 1% will care:

mbss.jpg

"We recently got to pay a visit to 343 Industries and meet up with Franchise Development Director Frank O’Connor. We wanted to show him what we were up to lately, so we brought out the first release in our new Mega Bloks Signature Series. We’ll have more details about this available soon, but for now, feel free to discuss it amongst yourselves in the comments!"
http://halo.megabloks.com/blog/2012/06/mega-bloks-signature-series-343-industries/

If the set has the same amount of details like Lego's Ultimate Collector Series, count me interested to buy it. I like UNSC Infinity's ship design.
It was already posted.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Wait, now I'm wondering...

Do you think "UNLIT" objects are just free of dynamic lighting, or do you think they are still lit dynamically with no self-producing light?

(hoping for the latter)

heckfu

Banned

Thanks for your time :) My GT is SLT Poison, could really use some Halo playing buddies.

I like the cut of your jib. Welcome to the group!

Wait, now I'm wondering...

Do you think "UNLIT" objects are just free of dynamic lighting, or do you think they are still lit dynamically with no self-producing light?

My guess is that its inside lighting so if the bunker is in a dark area it is still okay to walk around inside.

Obviously we have only seen Unlite Adrift so far, hyped for Adrift with lighting.
I jest but that map is dark bro

Ryaaan14

Banned
Obviously we have only seen Unlite Adrift so far, hyped for Adrift with lighting.
I jest but that map is dark bro

I ain't got no problem killing dudes in the dark brah.

No but srsly, I have a feeling Adrift isn't going to feel nearly as dark as the feeds suggest when you're actually playing.

Just randomly flipped to the stream a few minutes ago, they are play "Horse" in Reach. Why do people like this, it's incredibly uninteresting.

mbss.jpg

I might buy this.

But I don't know if I can buy megabloks. It goes against everything I ever knew.

I have absolutely no idea. It was neat the first few times, but after that it's like waaatttt.

They just took 15 straight minutes to set off some explosion by bouncing a grenade launcher shot. Just like the Horse demo in H4 today, that shit was terrible.

Well, I guess melee really does go through the shield, that's awesome.

Yeah I'm trying to figure out if it's just a combination of melee as the shield runs out and melee's "around" the shield or if melee actually kills the shield.

About the new Forge reveal, I think expecting something Far Cry 2ish was a bit excessive, (believe me though, I wanted that and would have loved that!) I still believe it all comes down to how the game engine handles level building. Farcry's engine most likely allowed levels to be built just as they were in the editor that players were granted. I guess Halo's toolset is nothing like that, thus we have Forge in it's current state.

What I will say though, is that since Halo 3 I had voiced my opinion about that lack shadows cast on Forge maps. Sure grey is dull, but a complete lack of proper lighting kills a maps visuals. I was ecstatic with the real time lighting reveal, that will make maps look miles better than Reach.

Now I just await custom coloring and or texturing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom