• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Blissful

Neo Member
So as sick as halo 4 looks right now.. I still can't get hyped, three words..

Skill based rank

Until this is confirmed in multiple playlists I cannot bring myself to preorder the game. Granted it looks fantastic but I know without ranks I will eventually grow bored of it.

That's what happened to me with Reach. Reach didn't have a skilled based ranking system and I barley play that game no more. Went right back to Halo 3.

I hope the same don't happen to Halo 4, because the game is looking good and has potential to keep a strong population all the way up to Halo 5.

I made this in like one minute in MS paint but I see people have already done better

SkE41.png

Computron

Like when playing on Super Cragmire.

I feel like blowing off some steam and picking a direction from the Sheraton and just walk that way for awhoise. Roommate suggested we walk in the direction of the hurricane for some milkshakes. Good idea?

I prefer Super Cragmire: Galaxy

The clearly superior map.

Just imagine...

Seance

Banned
Damn PP looks to be nerfed big time. Frankie/David I demand a canonical explanation for the battery depletion rate change right nao!
Don't give me that "gameplay balance over canon/realism" nonsense.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
@Louis Wu,

Any chance of releasing a direct download for that match?

youtube compression make me cry evertim.

PNut

Banned
I was watching the direct feed video and the vehicle physics look different. Especially for the Mongoose. This gets me excited that real Rocket Race might work for Halo 4. If the physics are right and the RL functions like H3 we might have something. I also noticed the "flying high" medal which is cool.

I'm sure no one at 343 or PAX has tried to boost the mongoose around using the RL as passenger, but it will be awesome if we can do stuff like this in H4.

In Halo 3 there used to be a healthy population of people that enjoyed Rocket Race. Small it may be but we still enjoyed it. Wow that brings back some memories.

Pop

you guys are making me wish I could grow a beard :(

It's called being a MAN!

11/6 is going to be a painful day. I will be racing through campaign to start playing MP for hours upon hours, watching people in the active roster be online, but having to finish campaign before coming over to the other side.

Finishing Campaign first is what I have always done. No rushing let me soak it all in.

Ryaaan14

Banned
11/6 is going to be a painful day. I will be racing through campaign to start playing MP for hours upon hours, watching people in the active roster be online, but having to finish campaign before coming over to the other side.

Find a way to get the game earlier and you won't have that problem :p

Seance

Banned
@Odysseus: The PP tracking looks to be at H2 levels of noob :/
Is the Light Rifle 4sk? Seems to be the most powerful loadout weapon, but has low ammo capacity and a shallow clip.

Ramirez

Is the Light Rifle 4sk? Seems to be the most powerful loadout weapon, but has low ammo capacity and a shallow clip.

The reticule did a complete circle & locked on, probably why it tracked so well.

Ramirez

I don't really mean from a graphical stand point, it's like the heads are too big in the armory, might be the positioning of the Spartan. *shrug*

Havok

I don't really mean from a graphical stand point, it's like the heads are too big in the armory, might be the positioning of the Spartan. *shrug*
The Spartans seem to be in a weird pose in the Armory that makes their neck seem too long, or disproportionate to their shoulders, or something. Heads are lowered pretty significantly in gameplay.

For whatever reason I think the armor looks much better when the model isn't just colored white, like with that picture above and the leaked beta armory from a few months ago. Something about it makes all the armor detail look weird. In before a "you're racist" joke.

TheOddOne

The Spartans seem to be in a weird pose in the Armory that makes their neck seem too long, or disproportionate to their shoulders, or something. Heads are lowered pretty significantly in gameplay.

For whatever reason I think the armor looks much better when the model isn't just colored white, like with that picture above and the leaked beta armory from a few months ago. Something about it makes all the armor detail look weird. In before a "you're racist" joke.
You're racist, Havok.

Raide

I kinda wish we could more some of the HUD elements. I find the Halo stuff to be a bit to close to the middle of the screen. Would be nice to be bale to push them to the outer edges, especially for Widescreen displays.

Woorloog

Banned
He only seems to post here when he's bored or depressed. Which I sympathize with, but it results in him getting pretty overwhelming pretty quick.

Or maybe he's just left speechless with joy and/or disgust, hah.

Post 343 on this thread...

I've been badly sick for over a week, 38+degree fever. Also new laptop. These have kinda grabbed my attention.
As for what you said...
True on both counts. Sometimes. I'm not badly depressed very often, luckily. Kinda occured to me i'm not going to be playing Halo till Halo 4, so why hang around.

And that amount of salt when stuff from PAX was revealed... Let's just say i didn't really come here and say, "cool, i like it". I have just a couple of worries (tank, unclear details (jetpack, camo, how do they work now), no flag dropping...) but other than that, Halo 4 looks awesome.
Really disappointed i ain't getting any chance to play it before it launches.

Ghaleon's impressions are golden as always. Very interesting read.

Looks pretty horrible, doesn't fit Halo 4's style at all. Good thing the game has so many new helmets, so many good helmets (HAZOP, Scanner!).

EDIT what weapon is that? DMR?

Sai-kun

Banned
halogaf/343 <3 muah xoxo. decided to chill out with my friend at his place for the night instead of going out to bumbershoot. y'all are the g r e a t e s t (literally)

Woorloog

Banned
I can't tell if this is a joke or not, since these are the worst helmets in the game(and we've seen some DOOZIES so far)

Has to be. Hazop in Halo 4 is terrible.

Which is sad, because it was one of my favorites in Reach :(

I don't make joke opinions. Or if i do, i clearly make clear they're jokes.

Mark VI is good in Halo 2 and 3. But i don't think it fits in with the rest of Halo 4's armor.
The helmet itself doesn't look bad... When it is combined with Halo 4's armor and aesthetics, the end result isn't pretty.

It's there, but you'll only ever take damage in extreme cases.
I don't think I ever took fall damage.
No matter how long it takes, now matter how much I personally have to bitch.. Powerups WILL return as pick-ups to Halo somewhere down the line.[/IMG]
Powerups do return as a pickup. In a personal ordnance drop. sortoftrollface.jpg
I don't know who mentioned it earlier but zoomed in light rifle is totally a 4 shot.
That was the impression I got from using it.
See above, but I believe so for scoped in. The weapon has different damage when unscoped though.
That's great, now take pics of mk v

Cause it exists. it exists. exists.

lol nope.

At least not in this build of the game.

Yeah, another reason why i kinda intended not to hang out here anymore.
Good luck trying to have an opinion that goes against HaloGAF's general opinion. Fucking elitism.
Woah dude. Its nothing like that. I am actually interested towards your opinions, perspectives about the new game.

Top Bottom