• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

GhaleonEB

Weird. I just noticed that my Halo: Silentium poster from PAX has "SPARTn" written on it in sliver sharpie. Not spartan, "SPARTn". No idea what that's about.

EDIT: Oh, I think it's actually "Sparth".That makes a lot more sense, as that would be a concept artist on Halo 4. D'oh.

Dani gun be happy.

not enough disk space/RAM

tumblr_luwmb1hv9A1qfeaoyo1_400.gif

What a damn lame excuse.. Not enough space for Mk.V? We get Scanner though :]

Ryaaan14

Banned
So when is Reach going to have a 5mil cr jackpot

I want to purchase a couple pieces of armor I've wanted since day 1 before I lay the game to rest forever.

So good. SO DAMN GOOD. I got really emotional watching how life-like and vulnerable Cortana is. Mackenzie did a fine job emoting Cortana. They finally got the eyes right too.
I agree, biggy. Its very moving. Her body language, Jens voice, cortana overall is emotional and vulnerable as an A.I. Its intoxicating. The atmosphere of all her scenes are amazing. Very Human. I haven't felt this way about Cortana since Halo 2 & 3 but x100.

Ramirez

I agree, biggy. Its very moving. Her body language, Jens voice, cortana overall is emotional and vulnerable as an A.I. Its intoxicating. The atmosphere of all her scenes are amazing. Very Human. I haven't felt this way about Cortana since Halo 2 & 3 but x100.

Man, I hope my sarcasm meter is broken.

I'd like to apologize for my outburst the other day. I was in a very confrontational mood and was getting pissed off at everything because my brother had just become a fugitive of the law. After reading his suicide note a few hours ago I mellowed out.

I just wanted to say sorry.

Alright guys.

With Halo 4 coming out I need some of my first gaming headphones. I need something with a good Mic and comfort. Wireless is cool, wired needs to be at least 13 feet long.

I may be lucky having a lady with her own gamer tag, but with her work and school she won't want to hear me destroying covenant or promethean scum without her at 2+am.

So what do we recommend. This is probably the one major piece of tech I know very little about. As far as audio goes I'm not very knowledgable, I only own one nice pair of Headphones Bose QC 15s other than that I usually rock crappy earbuds.

Havok

Good games with Devo, heckfu, Ram, and Nutter. That last game was pretty funny. K/D didn't help those guys much.

Pretty hilarious that we went from 0.3 k/d Majors to 2.5 k/d Inheritors in one game.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Alright guys.

With Halo 4 coming out I need some of my first gaming headphones. I need something with a good Mic and comfort. Wireless is cool, wired needs to be at least 13 feet long.

I may be lucky having a lady with her own gamer tag, but with her work and school she won't want to hear me destroying covenant or promethean scum without her at 2+am.

So what do we recommend. This is probably the one major piece of tech I know very little about. As far as audio goes I'm not very knowledgable, I only own one nice pair of Headphones Bose QC 15s other than that I usually rock crappy earbuds.

I think we can all agree that the first step is to get yourself an Astro Mixamp.

From there you're going to get a lot of opinions on different headsets because there are just so many high quality headsets these days that you almost can't go wrong. Astro, Sennheiser, Turtle Beach, Tritton...

My setup is the Astro Mixamp with the Sennheiser PC 350. Don't know what your budget is though

Pop

I'd like to apologize for my outburst the other day. I was in a very confrontational mood and was getting pissed off at everything because my brother had just become a fugitive of the law. After reading his suicide note a few hours ago I mellowed out.

I just wanted to say sorry.

@_@

Ryaaan14

Banned
Alright guys.

Obvious answer is the Astro A40 headset mixamp combo. And I sit back about the same distance as you and there is plenty of cord. I know Tashi likes promoting Senns with the Astro mixamp, but I find absolutely zero faults with the A40s and buying them as a bundle really has tremendous value.

I won't be held responsible for hearing loss though, once you play your first shooter with volume on max. Mother of god.

As stunning as this looks...

tumblr_m9wsigr1fK1qgb5g5o1_500.gif

One of the things that I felt Bungie hit a home run with visually speaking was the water in Halo 3...

Lake.jpg

Oh and remember how bodies would float...

Anotherbodyinthewater.jpg

random halo 3 water pic
2239366771_257ddf465c_z.jpg

227839420.gif

I'm a big water guy and I'm hoping Halo 4 can deliver although this right here is a tough act to follow. By the way I don't know what it is but I just found the water in Reach to be disappointing.

Obvious answer is the Astro A40 headset mixamp combo. And I sit back about the same distance as you and there is plenty of cord. I know Tashi likes promoting Senns with the Astro mixamp, but I find absolutely zero faults with the A40s and buying them as a bundle really has tremendous value.

I won't be held responsible for hearing loss though, once you play your first shooter with volume on max. Mother of god.

What is an Astro Mixamp and why do I need it? Serious question.

What is an Astro Mixamp and why do I need it? Serious question.

I would prefer to keep it total about 200-250. Anything less would be an obvious boon, but I understand the investment in nice pieces of ear that are going to get hours and hours of sue every day for hopefully years. If I have to I'm able to go up to 300$

Top Bottom