• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

if you're getting all hot and bothered about the FOTUS armor you can be reassured by the fact that it will be this game's hayabusa armor.

in that it will mostly be worn by overexcited 10 year olds that think they look AWESOME!!!!!

if you're getting all hot and bothered about the FOTUS armor you can be reassured by the fact that it will be this game's hayabusa armor.

in that it will mostly be worn by overexcited 10 year olds that think they look AWESOME!!!!!

Im 22 and i think it looks awesome. In saying that I also thought the Hayabusa and Emiles helmet were AWESOME!!!!!

Ramirez

The armor should remain exclusive to the people who paid all that money for the console, pretty much a slap in the face otherwise.

Homeboyd

I hope 343i is doing a community challenge for unlocking the Limited Edition/Console armor later in the game. Let me explain. One weekend, 343i says "Community, get 1,00,000 kills this weekend, if you succeed, we will unlock the FOTUS armor for you guys." Would be pretty neat. BioWare is doing the same with ME3 MP.

I get it! Cuz it's impossible!

I know you were joking but this is exactly whats going to happen. The Epic forums were swamped with people swapping and getting ripped off for pre order exclusive characters.
Here too. I got 2 Mechanic Baird codes from Best Buy and traded them both here for a Savage Kantus and a Savage Grenadier. Win win baby.

But I ain't playing that game again, standard edition for me.

The armor should remain exclusive to the people who paid all that money for the console, pretty much a slap in the face otherwise.
I do not care if other people are getting the Console exclusive DLC. Mainly because the DLC have no real value to me. It's just a freaking armor. Seriously? But at the end I am the only one and the crazy people who are just buying the console for the armor will have a completely different opinion on this case.

Here too. I got 2 Mechanic Baird codes from Best Buy and traded them both here for a Savage Kantus and a Savage Grenadier. Win win baby.

I thought you wanted to buy the Limited Edition?

Damnit.. I had 3 Savage Kantus codes and 5 Commando Doms.. Savage grenadier was awesome. Never got him though!!

Im getting the standard edition too. Fuck going through all that again. My OCD will go into overload not having all the Armours though. Especially if theyre faded with a locked symbol on them :(

DeadNames

Banned

I just like it because it has a visor, and it looks like a funny helmet.

But the recruit armor looks good too. Prime looks good... From that blurry picture.

Slaker117

Damnit.. I had 3 Savage Kantus codes and 5 Commando Doms.. Savage grenadier was awesome. Never got him though!!

Im getting the standard edition too. Fuck going through all that again. My OCD will go into overload not having all the Armours though. Especially if theyre faded with a locked symbol on them :(

I'm pre-ordering through Amazon because it's convenient, and because of that I'm getting the web armor skin. I don't like the way it looks, so I was planning on giving it away to someone who'd actually use it, but if they do this, I'm totally keeping it. It's dumb, but I would waste it just to get rid of the little lock icon.

I'm pre-ordering through Amazon because it's convenient, and because of that I'm getting the web armor skin. I don't like the way it looks, so I was planning on giving it away to someone who'd actually use it, but if they do this, I'm totally keeping it. It's dumb, but I would waste it just to get rid of the little lock icon.

The beta unlocks from Gears 3 had the same locked icons. Nearly drove me insane as i had every other item unlocked.

Also if you dont want it, feel free to give it to me ;)

willow ve

Question for Stinkles/Dellis: are map names baked into the data of the Halo 4 disc(s)? Let me explain.

Let's say, somehow, a typo gets past every reviewer and a map named Requiem gets labeled as Requeim on the disc. Is this stuck like this forever, or could you, say, release a basic/title update that would correct this?

Also, Frankie, where's your avatar from and does it come in a higher resolution?

While we're at it can we actually get version numbers on ALL maps? It's hard running customs on LAN and all of the maps (on disc, etc.) are two years behind updates, spawn placements, weapon spots, etc.

Why doesn't every playlist use the V#.# ? This would always make it easy to grab an updated map file from your recent games list AND you would give all the players a visual representation that the game has not been abandoned.

pushed this idea HARD during Halo 3 over on B.net ... never took off

Version numbers are in the map descriptions. Version numbers were banned in map names by both Bungie and 343.

This... makes no sense to me.

Version numbers are in the map descriptions. Version numbers were banned in map names by both Bungie and 343. In a voting scenario, version numbers are extraneous information that just visually clogs up everything, especially if only that version of the map is currently in matchmaking in the first place.

I could see this being "visual clutter" but that sounds like a problem with the visual design. Rather it could be solved with a better menu/map layout instead of hiding all the information from a lobby. In the end it's frustrating. I enjoy doing different runs across maps, to weapons, to various tactical areas. Sometimes these routes are altered drastically by the current weapon, vehicle, and spawn locations.

If I want the most current map to play LAN or custom I first have to go into matchmaking, get the map randomly, then save it from my most recent games.... and then I can finally load it up and play.

FyreWulff

Version numbers are in the map descriptions. Version numbers were banned in map names by both Bungie and 343. In a voting scenario, version numbers are extraneous information that just visually clogs up everything, especially if only that version of the map is currently in matchmaking in the first place.

Bungie also changed the "8-16 players" line to "8-16 mans" in the updated maps, although that's just someone being funny :p

I thought you wanted to buy the Limited Edition?
I was thinking about it, but Best Buy had a preorder deal during E3 to save $10 so I'm getting the standard edition fpr $50 instead. Maybe if they had included FUD on Blu-ray.

Yeah, it was awesome. I hardly ever saw anyone else with the Savage Grenadier skin, but it's moot now because they released all the preorder skins in the latest DLC, albeit slightly altered.

Rhino helmet looks silly as hell, 343 just don't give a fuck at this point.
You mean Unicorn helmet. Clearly based on the Unicorn Gundam.

rx0.jpg

Bad-ass is what it is. I think it should be unlockable at some point. Make it the Halo 4 equivalent of the Haunted helmet or something, max rank plus all Specializations maxed.

Yeah, it was awesome. I hardly ever saw anyone else with the Savage Grenadier skin, but it's moot now because they released all the preorder skins in the latest DLC, albeit slightly altered

Yeah it was very rare in the beginning. The slight off colour of the skins? It was such slap in the face to those who bought the season pass. Rehashed characters.

And still no Skorge DLC.... Shocking...

The unicorn armor is pure elegance, along with the rest. They really one upped themselves with the armor. Was the supposed default soldier armor a joke? Everything else I've seen looks so much better, yet they've constantly showed that dastardly helmet in gameplay.

DeadNames

Banned
The unicorn armor is pure elegance, along with the rest. They really one upped themselves with the armor. Was the supposed default soldier armor a joke? Everything else I've seen looks so much better, yet they've constantly showed that dastardly helmet in gameplay.

wat.

In my opinion, all the armor (save the helmets) looks the same. And the helmets just look weird. Except for Chiefs, FOTUS, and Recruit. Those are the ones that look unique, in my opinion.

wat.

In my opinion, all the armor (save the helmets) looks the same. And the helmets just look weird. Except for Chiefs, FOTUS, and Recruit. Those are the ones that look unique, in my opinion.

I don't know, I just like the change in style. It all looks more futuristic, less clunky and sharper. The unicorn helmet I was joking a bit, but I still like the look okay.

feel

We have a new member today...
Blast from the past? I remember when Halogaf got some excitement because of that one guy in the entire junior wave that was a Halo fan and actually joined because of Halogaf. Now we get 80 new "halogaffers" each month.

Once the LE console exclusive in-game content was announced, I forsook my Pokémon-ish tendencies and settled on the regular old $100 Limited Edition.

I would've pounced on that $45 buy.com deal for the standard BUT:

-I will definitely buy the maps
-I want the FUD full cut

It's worth the extra $45 (I got the LE for 90 from newegg).

Recarpo

So are there any reasonably priced controllers out that that aren't slow turn and are good controllers overall? Hoping to get lucky with a new wired microsoft one is getting old.

I'm hoping on Reach if anyone wants to play.. Im using a different controller that has better sticks, so I wont suck as hard.. Still, its pretty much a given Ill suck.

Blah, see I feel locking away armor is more of a slap to the fans.. just give the LE console and game armor some exclusive period before you have to do something difficult but reasonable to unlock it. Truthfully, the LE console should just come with the same digital content as the LE game, but whatever.. The whole thing with all these armor sets and skins is just kinda blah.

That said, as long as the War Game Map Pack is available I think its fine to keep armor tied to it.. Just if the deal is ever over I think another option should be given.

We have a new member today...

Go on...

Top Bottom