• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Maybe you could divulge the breadth of these poses. Are they all composed, military-esque poses or are there some clearly light hearted, if not silly, poses in there too?

use kinect to create your own poses!

why do i feel like microsoft wanted this feature to actually exist...

Vire

Hopefully with only
missions, they are long and complex like The Covenant from Halo 3. The environment drastically changes on three different occasions in one level. It's partly why the mission is so epic and meaty.

Conor 419

Banned
My cousin Manny is pretty pissed off about the Solo-Legendary achievement, Reach is the only Halo I haven't finished in co-op because of it, I don't want the same to happen in Halo Quad...

Sai-kun

Banned
How do I preorder the special edition OST in...USD? It just automatically wants to charge me 49.99 pounds. I also can't choose the USA as a location for shipping D: Aaahhh I need to be one of the first 5000!

mhi

You can't use the Anniv. pistol on every map, right?

Can anyone confirm ?

Hey guyz. Is it weird that I'm more hyped for the multiplayer stuff than the actual campaign?

This is me every FPS game. Which is why am mystefied by all the support SpartOps AKA Episodic Firefight/with a hint of narrative is getting.

heckfu

Banned
Does anyone live in Bahrain? I would like to preorder the OST special edition and can ship there but not the United States.

Bahrain anyone?

Mauritania?

No? ok.

DesertFox

image.axd

If those fists were just a few more pixels apart...

1238512492_the-happening-wahlberg.gif

What am I supposed to be seeing?

Vire

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned but the Gravity Hammer is confirmed in one of the achievements.

Griffball lives on...

Sai-kun

Banned
I'm gonna cry if I'm not one of the first 5000, guys.

edit: i literally haven't read the rest of the update yet because I NEED THIS VINYL

m23

Does anyone live in Bahrain? I would like to preorder the OST special edition and can ship there but not the United States.

Bahrain anyone?

Mauritania?

No? ok.

Ship it to Toronto Canada, unless you expect on getting it back.

I really want to get the SE but its just way too expensive, especially with so much other stuff coming out this year.

heckfu

Banned
Ship it to Toronto Canada, unless you expect on getting it back.

I really want to get the SE but its just way too expensive, especially with so much other stuff coming out this year.

It's ok, I think I have a friend in Timor-Leste who can grab it.

Yes, Timor-Leste is an actual place, and yes you can actually ship it there, and no you cannot ship to the United States yet. Hopefully they'll see one of my 50 posts in this thread about it and not call me a baby when they see me at PAX next week.

So, Terminals, Skulls (Please let them be hidden and not all automatically unlocked), Hunters and Gravity Hammer confirmed, nice. Anything else I missed? I like the art of these, but I do miss the slightly more complex look with color. Too bad they don't look like the sexy new medals.

Number of missions has no bearing on the length of the campaign. It's a Halo sized campaign. PLUS Spops etc.
Good to hear, I really can't wait to play this game..

SpOps season alone is longer than ODST.

Its been implied it would be as long as the SP, but thats still insane to hear.

image.axd

This was the first thing I thought of also... :lol

It's one of those little touches our UI team have added that's turns out to be really freaking cool.

Thats so awesome.. Outta curiosity, can we alter the weapon held as well?

Glad that I can preliminarily say that I'll be enjoying my 1000/1000 in halo 4.

Good job on those achievements, 343. No stupid multiplayer ones. I'm very pleased.

Korosenai

I'm gonna cry if I'm not one of the first 5000, guys.

edit: i literally haven't read the rest of the update yet because I NEED THIS VINYL

I think we can just order it and it'll convert it when you're ready to checkout.

Also, i'm at the part where you select country and I don't even see an option for just United States.

They only give you the option for United States Minor Oultying Islands.

GhaleonEB

I scrolled through the list waiting for the inevitable suite of terrible multiplayer Achievements.

They were not there. Thank you, based 343. Bravo - the ones that do touch on MP are not disruptive to the gameplay and are appropriate. Yay.

image.axd

Cannot unsee.

I really don't feel there's much spoilerish about the Achievement list, so I won't be tagging discourse about them. If you don't want to talk about stuff that is being readily disclosed by 343, now is the time to bail out.

Surprised at the short mission count; curious how large the missions are and how the campaign length is compared to past Halo titles.

Gravity Hammer is back - yay, I love that thing. Does this confirm Brutes? I can't picture it coming back without a Chieftain toting it along. Returning Covenant confirmed are Jackals, Elites, Hunters and Grunts. We're almost at the full set now, which surprises me.

Bros to the Close | Make it through Mission 4 without one preventable Marine death on Heroic or harder.

Rescue Ranger | Save at least one Marine in Chapter 3 of Episode 2 of Spartan Ops on Heroic or harder.​

These worry me. Friendly AI in the series has ranged from semi-competent to terrifying.

What Power Outage? | Complete Chapter 4, Episode 5 of Spartan Ops without losing a generator on Heroic or harder.

No Easy Way Out | In Ch 1, Ep 5 of Spartan Ops survive all enemy waves during the defense on Normal or harder.​

I like how these confirm a couple different styles of missions, which have roots in Firefight style play: wave survival and generator defense.

I really want to see the new Challenge system. PAX?

Good stuff.

Vire

Yes plz, Ship It! :D Interesting that we haven't seen any new designs of Brutes yet, but no matter.
If there are Brutes I really hope they look like the original concept art or Halo Wars ones.

Reach's were just terrible. I don't know why they went that direction.

GhaleonEB

Anyone feel like thats a low amount of Campaign levels? 343 good enoughing™ again?

We don't know how long they are. If a good chunk are as long as say, The Ark, or Assault on the Control Room, that's a meaty campaign. If the mix is about the same as it has been, then the game will be unexpected brief; it could imply that the size of Spartan Ops ate into it. But if they are eight excellent missions, then it will matter much less.

Volume of content is not one of my concerns about the game.

Swarmerr

Even though I am disappointed that the bulletin did not cover a skill based rank system... I am happy that there are no dumb multiplayer achievements.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Lemme know if I'm dumb or not but Madcatz has a section in their store for Halo 4. It's "coming soon..." though. What did I miss?

Top Bottom