• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Bsigg12

Was the title update for Anniversary the kinect stuff then? I mean, what else did it do than change the version number to 1.1?

Part of it being a title update was to keep the purple off the case. If a game ships with Kinect features in tow, and not as a download, they have to put the "Better With Kinect" banner on it.

441px-Madden_NFL_13_Cover.jpg

Like that. By making it a download, they circumvent that. But besides that, I'm pretty sure that title update did nothing else.

Dug

Banned
Can anyone who is already in the Xbox Dashboard Beta talk about whether it's worth downloading or not? Is that allowed? I'm already in but I haven't installed it yet
You're going to have to install it anyways, might as well do it now. :p

Also Internet Explorer is pretty good too.

i was tempted to go, but the 6hour drive and 45$ entrance fee didnt seem like it was worth it

I went to the Halo 4 area as soon as I walked in. I expected Thursday afternoon to be the slowest and I got lucky with a small line. When I was leaving the line was about four times the size of the one I was in. On Saturday and Sunday you are going to be waiting about an hour at least for 10 minutes of gameplay.

For the new page:

I HAVE PLAYED HALO 4!!!

E3 build.

One match of Infinity Team Slayer.

Looks beautiful. Seems like a huge graphical leap over the last games. I didn't get a chance to mess around with the controls and sensitivity so it's hard to give a good review of what I played but I had a lot of fun.

I used an Assault Rifle the most of the time with limited pistol use. Assault Rifle felt good.

m23

Are you only there on Saturday? Might be cool to meet up and play some games with Gaf guys.

Any word on whether or not Cyren is going?

I'm only there on Saturday with a bunch of friends. Who knows, if I love Halo 4 a lot, I might just buy a ticket for Sunday as well. I doubt he's coming.

Tell him to explore the menus, and see if there is anything new, and see if he can take pics or vids, even from a cell phone! It may be a new build, but something tells me it will still be the e3 build as they implied the PAX build is not finished yet.

I asked him to take some pics, and he'll explore I guess, I told him I want a well structured analysis when he gets back lol. I'll have videos on Saturday, probably not HD though.

I HAVE PLAYED HALO 4!!!

How was the setup, how many TVs?

FyreWulff

Considering that we are using 7 year old hardware and OS framework, it's pretty impressive what MS has been able to do in my opinion.

Clearly things grew, especially on the media/entertainment side, much faster than MS ever dreamed was possible with the 360. Stuff like the certification system and updates may have seem good in 2005, but "tech doubles every 18 months", so now a lot of those systems are archaic.

Looking forward to what the new OS brings with the new Xbox, especially considering it is most likely sharing most of the kernel from Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8.

I still remember the original blades/marketplace being discussed. It was mentioned that the original 360 dash/store was designed with the idea that the 360 would only ever have ~150 content items to download for the entire lifetime of the console between all games.

Fast foward to today, and you have Rock Band, with over 3,000 content items just for itself. One game.

I HAVE PLAYED HALO 4!!!

E3 build.

One match of Infinity Team Slayer.

Looks beautiful. Seems like a huge graphical leap over the last games. I didn't get a chance to mess around with the controls and sensitivity so it's hard to give a good review of what I played but I had a lot of fun.

So just the same 3 maps, Haven, Adrift and Longbow? Too bad its the e3 build..

But you're a lucky person, I really wish Pittsburgh was a cool enough city to get this stuff.

Woorloog

Banned
Part of it being a title update was to keep the purple off the case. If a game ships with Kinect features in tow, and not as a download, they have to put the "Better With Kinect" banner on it.

Like that. By making it a download, they circumvent that. But besides that, I'm pretty sure that title update did nothing else.
LOL. Regs and loopholes...

That said, the purple looks terrible so i don't have anything against this practice.

So just the same 3 maps, Haven, Adrift and Longbow? Too bad its the e3 build..

But you're a lucky person, I really wish Pittsburgh was a cool enough city to get this stuff.

The time you're in there you only get a chance to play on one Map - Adrift.

They made us play on Giant TVs and we were really close up which caused a bit of Vertigo. I took a few steps back. That might be an issue with FOV as well.

Wait you can only play on Adrift? That seems really weak.

There's a huge line and they are only letting people play one session of Infinity Slayer. The people before me played Adrift as well.

*Plays Halo 4*

*Uses Assault Rifle*

They only gave us two loadouts to choose from and I kept picking the one with the AR. Honestly, I was just so happy to be playing Halo 4.

Are you still there? See if you can play Haven. And is it 4v4 or FFA?

I've left for the day but I'm not spending an hour in line to play again. That's why I went in there as soon as I could on the first day before people got off work. I wanted to get my session in before the masses showed up for the rest of the weekend. I'll try to peek in over the next few days to see if they are playing anything else.

I'm pretty sure the other Load out had the BR. Looked great on screen when I saw someone else using it.

m23

I think it was pretty obvious they'd only let you play one game. I want to try out Haven, but who am I to complain. Were you given headsets or just TV sound?

Hm, seems like a weird set up so far. I'm still excited though.

You don't have any control over starting the game. You go in and are not allowed to touch the controller until the game starts. I just wanted to jump back in and wasn't 100% sure of how to select my load out.

I did get a lot of grenade kills and a couple of sword kills. Guys get bunched up a lot on Adrift and it's easy to dump a nade in for the kill. I'm sure a BR would be good in some of the narrow spaces as well.

lilty

You don't have any control over starting the game. You go in and are not allowed to touch the controller until the game starts. I just wanted to jump back in and wasn't 100% sure of how to select my load out.

That's ridiculous. They should at least let you choose a control scheme and what not before it starts.

G17

I play inverted, hopefully they let me at least change that.

That's ridiculous. They should at least let you choose a control scheme and what not before it starts.

The funny part is they tell you that you can select a scheme but the game starts up seconds later and I didn't want to lose any play time so I just jumped right in. Sensitivity was way up there too. That might have added to the vertigo effect I was feeling.

Woorloog

Banned
Wonder if Halo 4 will playable at DigiExpo here in Helsinki... whenever that thing is.
Gotta check scheludes...
EDIT 2-4th November?
LOL, not going there this time. Absolutely no point.

So this junior is only posting images now? Like, ok, in this thread alone, 3 of his 5 posts are images. Cryptic, non-contextualised images.

Take notes everyone :p

kylej

Banned
Behind the Scenes: A Brief History of the Word "Dongblain".

The following is based on a true story.

Well, the truest story I could put together after extensive thread searching.

-------
First use of the word "dong" as a verb on HaloGAF: KevinRo, 06-01-2008

-------
First use of the word "blain" as a verb on HaloGAF: kylej, 06-10-2009

-------
First use of the words "dong" and "blain" in the same post: kylej, 08-31-2009

-------
First use of "dong" and "blain" combined into a single word: ncsuDuncan, 07-22-2011

-------
First use of the simplified "dongblain": Stinkles, 07-22-2011

-------
First use of the word "dongblainer": ncsuDuncan, 07-25-2011

-------
And finally, some prophetic words from Tawpgun on that same day:

Indeed.

wow.

m23

So talked to my cousin. He played 3 times, confirmed its E3 build. He played Haven twice and Longbow. Overall, he had a lot of fun...and Halo 4 posters for winning teams.

Woorloog

Banned
Oh gods, once again i'm stuck listening music, look at a clock and see it's 3AM...

I need to fix myself :/ I'm afraid new laptop and Halo 4 won't help things any.

Nowise10

Just trying to spark a conversation on this flame-fest of a forum c:

Maybe I can be known as the guy who post random images from Halo.

senador

Banned
Nowise is no wise indeed.

Oh gods, once again i'm stuck listening music, look at a clock and see it's 3AM...

I need to fix myself :/ I'm afraid new laptop and Halo 4 won't help things any.

I've been doing that lately. Stuck in a bad sleep cycle. I'm having trouble falling asleep until I'm exhausted and I get all paranoid at night. Boo.

Goodluck with that. Last night I spent 30 minutes trying to get my friend in a game with me. couldn't get it so we gave up.

The trick is to get one guy in and have people join the session in progress to fill in bot positions. Then I think other human players can be vote kicked. Or so I hear anyway.

How about you post at least some context for the images you post. Are they mods? Easter eggs? Baiting isn't generally a good thing to do.

Top Bottom