• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

Halo 3 solo Heroic/co-op Legendary is awesome.

Just a quick question, but is everyone forgetting that the LE comes with access to all specialization paths? Because to me, that's the main selling point over the Strider and Scanner helmets..

..or does the season pass come with that too? When does the season pass even release anyway?

I think it just means when you max rank you can choose from any of the paths rather than the first two.. for all you know by the time you are ready for a second path they will all be unlocked anyways. I am buying the LE because it includes the season pass.. is it too much to ask for wanting all of the season pass features so I don't have to double dip (to be clear, I wont do that, Im hard enough on cash). The just BS, I can't understand why they are doing it.

GhaleonEB

Then I feel sorry for you. I never would have tried and loved Bioshock without a demo. Or Shadow Complex, or Mark of the Ninja, etc. Word of mouth sends me to the demo, which sent me to find more information about the game through GAF or just straight-up buying it. Conversely, demos have prevented me from wasting money on a game I thought I'd like.

The majority of reviewers do nothing but tell me their personal opinions, which mean nothing to me.

Yeah, that's been my loop as well. I buy very few games without a demo, and those I do are generally big ticket titles where word of mouth sold me - specifically, words from people I know whose taste in gaming is similar to my own - or the pedigree of the developer is enough. It's not fool proof - I've still picked up a few duds. But for the most part, I don't look to reviews at all (Edge being one exception).

Ramirez

most amazing part is we've got people making jokes and defending anti-consumer practices with the Halo 4 LE. You know the cult of personality vortex is strong when people are defending a Microsoft subsidiary over its arbitrary DLC pre-order limiting.

What's really funny is that gamers have no one to blame for these practices but themselves. Horse Armor is where it all began, and as long as you have people like Stalker gladly buying every SKU available, it's only going to get worse. I can't fault them for taking advantage of people when they take it and smile the whole way.

This was a hit. Dude's had a vacuum cleaner attachment strapped to his piehole since he got back from pax.

Or maybe he played the game and realized that hey, the game ain't half bad. But no, it must be because he's sucking 343's dick & getting money under the table for his shills.

In a perfect world there wouldn't be any close quarters power weapons in Halo.

Doesn't sound like such a perfect world where only your opinion matters.

Gui_PT

Huge fucking SPOILERS:

GTTV Halo 4 Promo- The Villain of Halo 4 revealed

Bail out now if you don't want to know

bmPXl.gif

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
^ Yeah, but Im gonna treat it as such for those who are trying to remain dark.. At least give fair warning before it starts getting discussed.

Frank looks all shiny.

"We stopped calling it a trilogy, we call it a saga now."

Yeah, they for sure are leaving room in case it becomes more than three games.

Halo 3 solo Heroic/co-op Legendary is awesome.

I think it just means when you max rank you can choose from any of the paths rather than the first two.. for all you know by the time you are ready for a second path they will all be unlocked anyways. I am buying the LE because it includes the season pass.. is it too much to ask for wanting all of the season pass features so I don't have to double dip (to be clear, I wont do that, Im hard enough on cash). The just BS, I can't understand why they are doing it.

Oh damn.. I think I finally just cleared something up for myself lol

The stuff that comes with the LE just gives you access to these right? Engineer, Tracker, Stalker, Rogue, Operator and Pathfinder - so other than those, you just get that cool looking skin that is only usable with the Recruit armor right?

If ^that is the case, I think I'm going with the season pass instead because although that skin is great, you can only use it on that one armor.....

Huge fucking SPOILERS:

Thanks for the heads up! Also I'd suggest staying away from other forums like Waypoint because you'll be seeing titles that spoil everything!

It's not a big spoiler, hah. Everyone pretty much knows who the character is at this point.

Also, use this spoiler thread if you want to help the spoiler-free folks remain that way.

I have no idea what's going on lol - Guess I'm staying away from these forums for several pages after that vid drops :]

^ Yeah, but Im gonna treat it as such for those who are trying to remain dark.. At least give fair warning before it starts getting discussed.

Yeah, they for sure are leaving room in case it becomes more than three games.

Frankie mentioned that Spartan Ops is it's own story, and that's why they stopped calling it a trilogy

Fracas

#fuckonami
Wait, does it actually reveal who the villain is? I'm pretty much positive who the villain is, but I don't want to know any more than that.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Wait, does it actually reveal who the villain is? I'm pretty much positive who the villain is, but I don't want to know any more than that.

Frankie doesn't outright say that X is the big bad guy, only X plays an integral role in Halo 4 and Halo as a whole.

The GTTV description is calling X the villain. At this point, it's pretty much confirmed.

So yes, yes it does.

Just a quick question, but is everyone forgetting that the LE comes with access to all specialization paths? Because to me, that's the main selling point over the Strider and Scanner helmets..

..or does the season pass come with that too? When does the season pass even release anyway?
The specialization thing is really the only extra that's keeping my attention aimed at the LE for the moment. I realize the game hasn't even gone gold yet, but an unboxing video will go an extremely long way as to whether or not I'll pick it up.

Yeah, that's been my loop as well. I buy very few games without a demo, and those I do are generally big ticket titles where word of mouth sold me - specifically, words from people I know whose taste in gaming is similar to my own - or the pedigree of the developer is enough. It's not fool proof - I've still picked up a few duds. But for the most part, I don't look to reviews at all (Edge being one exception).
I think this is where forums shine. Getting to know people and finding a commonality in styles of play and what one likes goes so much further than simply reading a review of one person's limited experience that one time he/she played it.

Or maybe he played the game and realized that hey, the game ain't half bad. But no, it must be because he's sucking 343's dick & getting money under the table for his shills.
I was paid mightily in drink coupons. Team DRUNC

Frankie mentioned that Spartan Ops is it's own story, and that's why they stopped calling it a trilogy

"We stopped calling it a trilogy a while ago, first when we realized Spartan ops was its own story and we would rather.."

Sounds like hes leaving it open that there may be more to it.

Yes, they flat out say it. Its gonna probably be well known soon, so those who wanna stay dark bail out now, but this seems like something future trailers will probably reveal also.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Can't watch the video as I'm on mobile, but it's
the didact, right?

Don't tell me who/what it is if I'm wrong, lol.

Frankie doesn't outright say that X is the big bad guy, only X plays an integral role in Halo 4 and Halo as a whole.

The GTTV description is calling X the villain. At this point, it's pretty much confirmed.

So yes, yes it does.
Thanks, I'll be skipping a lot of information tomorrow.

Ugh, there's so much stuff to talk about that doesn't have to be about the story of the campaign. Oh well, will be reading this thread from now on with my good eye closed.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Eh, not a big surprise. Not gonna talk about it anymore though, we have a spoiler thread for a reason. Gonna go dark if anything else comes out though.

Edit: oh lawd, everything that comes out tomorrow is gonna be campaign isn't it.

Ugh, there's so much stuff to talk about that doesn't have to be about the story of the campaign. Oh well, will be reading this thread from now on with my good eye closed.

Hopefully people will keep it spoiler free, I won't post any spoilers.

Gunnerdude

Neo Member
Yup, anyone who doesn't want it spoiled needs to go dark. I will say however that who it is is extremely obvious.

Man I knew that Master Chief guy was up to no good! Always staying silent and shooting things... no good can come from such a stone cold mad man!

This Spoiler Does Not Contain Any Character/Campaign information:
I kid I kid

Woorloog

Banned

So, you'll end up reading not-spoilers as something you think is spoiler... and you guess exactly right, ruining your experience.
Wonder what could be chances for something like this happening.

Just how spoilery is the GTTV video, not counting revealing the villain?

Eh, not a big surprise. Not gonna talk about it anymore though, we have a spoiler thread for a reason. Gonna go dark if anything else comes out though.

Edit: oh lawd, everything that comes out tomorrow is gonna be campaign isn't it.

Honestly, I think its going to be fair game to talk about here as it is going to be officially released and acknowledged by 343. Im just avoiding it for now so people who want to stay dark can.

Can we keep spoilers away from this thread? I know its 343 released information, but I would rather that stuff stays spoiler tagged.

Also... made a long ass post so screw having it get lost here. :p

Top Bottom