• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

dem ground textures
KuGsj.gif

DMRs on Valhalla

we knew this day would come, ya'll

Fracas

#fuckonami
So, at this point in time, the remake looks practically identical to the original Valhalla.

edit: fuck, didn't notice the mech.

wowy zowy those ground textures look horrible.

Mister Negative
(Today, 07:01 PM)

Come on, man, it's offscreen. We've seen great ground textures in other direct-capture footage.

EDIT: Also, you guys are all doom and gloom over the Mech in Valhalla - how do you know that's going to be in all game modes? Maybe on ship day it's only in BTB Heavies or something.

Woorloog

Banned
Mech in multiplayer.
Right there.
On the screen.

I have never found any form of mech combat in any other video game to be remotely interesting. Hopefully Halo 4's is significantly different than what we have come to know as mech combat in games.

Hopefully it is not a slow-ass mech... something agile and relatively speedy, but not particularly strong (nor too strong weapons either).

darthbob

Mister Negative
(Today, 07:01 PM)

Come on, man, it's offscreen. We've seen great ground textures in other direct-capture footage.

EDIT: Also, you guys are all doom and gloom over the Mech in Valhalla - how do you know that's going to be in all game modes? Maybe on ship day it's only in BTB Heavies or something.

Seriously. It's offscreen footage, there's no way that someone can have the same experience with a small static image than if they're actually playing.

Also, have any of you used the Mantis yet? No? Then let's save judgment for when we do.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Do we even know how powerful the Mantis is?

And Woorloog, I'll look for a source when I'm not on my phone.

Woorloog

Banned
Interesting... hope it's balanced and doesn't completely dominate map flow.

I wonder if the Mantis is more like a one-man Warthog or a Ghost or if it is more like the Scorpion or Wraith in power.

BTW people, remember the Falcon is still in.

Do we even know how powerful the Mantis is?

And Woorloog, I'll look for a source when I'm not on my phone.

Thanks. Would appreciate a PM, going to sleep soon. I reckon this thread will have about a 30 more pages by the time i'm awake.

Nowise10

blamite

Podcast is up, don't have a URL though. I'm listening to it from the Windows Phone Waypoint app, so I'm guessing you could find a link on the site somewhere.

Vire

It kinda looks like the ground is sand intermixed with grass.

I'll wait till I see a better shot before I call the textures "ass".

The rock wall textures on right screen look fantastic.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I wonder if you can snipe/headshot a pilot out of the mech?

I also wonder if the mech replaces the banshee, or of both are in.

I imagine the Mech is in the center of the map though, would be a bit crazy if both sides got one.

Apparently things have changed since that. Things do change during game development.
IIRC they said the mech is only in the campaign in March or something like that, that's enough time to change things.

Frankie did say there were cars still in the parking lot

I wonder if you can snipe/headshot a pilot out of the mech?

I also wonder if the mech replaces the banshee, or of both are in.

I imagine the Mech is in the center of the map though, would be a bit crazy if both sides got one.

Highjacking Mechs

IHaveIce

Banned
Podcast is up, don't have a URL though. I'm listening to it from the Windows Phone Waypoint app, so I'm guessing you could find a link on the site somewhere.

thanks for the heads up.

Also I don't remember who said this (sorry) but I'm also wondering if we get any maps in a Covenant art style or something like this, till now everything was Human or Forerunner, also a real desert map has to be in :(

Top Bottom