• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

FyreWulff

Serious question: how do you decide what representatives of the competitive "community" (scare quotes because it is quite fractured) are wielding that influence? MLG's control of hardcore gametypes was arbitrary, but would it be any less arbitrary than a group of community members up their own butts with responsibility? MLG were far from ideal arbiters, but putting community members in control could be even more disastrous, unless endless Onslaught remakes is your bag.

They'd be in charge of pushing content to 343 but wouldn't control it. The Community Cartographers have never controlled matchmaking.

I already have at least one or two people that post here in mind to add. And others elsewhere.

Started my replay of the H3 Campaign tonight on Heroic. So far it seems much easier than Anniversary was on Heroic.

The sandbox is so much fun to play around in. Brutes are fun to fight against, but don't seem as challenging an adversary as elites.

Holiday

Banned
They'd be in charge of pushing content to 343 but wouldn't control it. The Community Cartographers have never controlled matchmaking.

Gotcha, but isn't the problem still there? What are the qualifications of those people who would be determining what are good competitive settings?

cocamola

Banned
Never have enough walshy in your life;
whyf.png

FyreWulff

Gotcha, but isn't the problem still there? What are the qualifications of those people who would be determining what are good competitive settings?

Instead of arbitrarily making settings from day 1, the idea is that you start off with a base (I dunno, just turn off radar or something, then put it on all the non-BTB maps) then evolve the settings based off actual matchmaking data / voting results. This Team Hardcore wouldn't have monolithic settings. You'd have a voting screen like:

Team BR No Loadout (no radar)
Team Slayer HC (no radar w/ loadouts)
Team CTF Carbines
MLG Slayer

instead of

MLG Slayer
MLG King
MLG Ball
MLG Even More Slayer

instead of a brand of play you'd have more of a style of play.

JackHerer

I'm sure people would pay that much for an early copy.

It says it ships on Nov 6th in the description though. Otherwise it would make sense.

Hell if I could get a copy of Halo 4 now I might even be willing to pay close to that amount (maybe). I'm kinda hoping that there are early copies on ebay like what happened with Reach (which I got like 4 or 5 days early this way for like $90).

I want an early copy so I can troll really hard on JTV.

everyone asking questions about stuff and I just ignore all the requests and do whatever I want.

Top Bottom