• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

How does it make for more "dynamic" gameplay?

It makes the game's flow harder to predict. In Halo 2/3 you have a much better idea of how long it takes an opponent to get from point A to B, even if they drop out of your line of sight. Now, if you're taking an evasive/flanking approach you may sprint for a short burst, but in other situations where you're wary of someone close by, you'll keep your gun up ready to fire. You may assess the risk running across a field to hide behind a rock while not being able to shoot, whereas before you could always shoot but without that evasive option, so that type of risk assessment didn't exist.

Just saw that Walshy grenade video - I played a TON of Halo 3 and never pulled off using a nade to throw another nade into a player intentionally lol - guys pretty damn impressive.

The Thursday War spoiler + Halo 4 spoiler:
Thursday War gets interesting when the parts with Jul happens. But this part is pretty interesting:
<That's something you must avoid,> Prone said, turning around again. <Never touch it.>
"Why?"
<The Didact,> Prone said. <Hidden even from us. Hidden when the Librarian made her sacrifice.>
Why did the Librarian hide the Didact? Why is the Didact a threat? According to Xbox360Achievements preview, he is definitely not that friendly, Cryptum and Primordium make them both to be. The more interesting question: Which Didact is it?

Another interesting part is this one:
"Did they have names?" <Yes. And some had titles. Librarian. Logician. Didact. Master Builder. Esthetist.>
It is the first time, we heard about title of the Logician and Esthetist. Who are they? And what did they? I am super stoked about Halo 4 and Silentium. Bring it on, 343i.

DesertFox

Well these recent events kinda spoil the whole IGN Halo 4 news every Tuesday and Thursday... but I am glad to have these videos now :D

Jonsoncao

Banned
We have artificial gravity on every single ship ever shown in the games, including the Pelican. I would be more concerned with how we conquered C.

Traveling atbeyond the speed of light is far less trivial than gravity or even real fields tech.

The duder commentating Adrift was saying something like "We are in the low orbit and low enough to feel the gravity"...

Anyway...

L1NETT

Thanks so much for the upload Shadders, I no likey IGN player

---

Halo |OT10| Full of Complex Meltdowns
Halo |OT10| Do you catch my Adrift
Halo |OT10| This MANtis excited about Halo 4

Man I suck at this.

Well these recent events kinda spoil the whole IGN Halo 4 news every Tuesday and Thursday... but I am glad to have these videos now :D

We still have a bunch of maps and commentaries that haven't been leaked. Even though we know all about them im still looking forward to the commentaries for Haven and Solace for example.

Someone needs to fish around and see if they are up already lol.

Why are they making so many big maps? Noone really gives a shit about BTB besides bad kids and every game suffers because they take up slots where good 4v4 5v5 maps could be...

A whole lot of people in here love old-school BTB.

I'm aware, but mostly are bad kids. Not only that but BTB population is always stagnant and its never explosive. Its a failure. BTB is boring the matches go on too long, too many people quit and the games are always lopsided unless you happen to be battling TRUESKILL for a win.

DesertFox

Meltdown looks incredible... love the atmosphere there. Always loved BTB and coming off the disappointment of Reach BTB, I cannot wait to jump into Halo 4.

Looks like it is getting time to close this OT down..

tumblr_lq6p7vFI6D1qcj771.gif

Solace was also leaked - awesome - still fishing for the other maps?

EDIT: Ah realised it was Complex!

Vire

That's Complex, not Solace. ;)

Abandon is definitely my least favorite map shown so far. There just doesn't seem to be much visual unity and it feels like just a bunch of random stuff together in a map.

I don't quite get it.

The rest of the maps are absolutely stunning though.

zlatko

Banned
Halo |OT10| Forward Unto Dawn

OT 10 4 score, and 30 days from now

OT 10 Where Good Things Come to Those Who Wait

OT 10 Best Part of Waking John Up, is Plasma On Your Butt

OT 10 A Hero Shall Rise

Vire

You guys are making David Ellis a very sad individual with all the leaks:

9IdEy.png

If it's any consolation prize, Meltdown looks awesome. :)

Looks like IGN took it down:

YxUtm.png

Is it just me or does Meltdown's layout seem like a more interesting, slightly less vehicle-heavy version of Containment?

For the record, I liked Containment. A lot.

Top Bottom