• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

Vire

The one good thing that was shown from the footage was the power of a charged Boltshot.

Seemed pretty lethal at close range.

Yeah, but sometimes they don't archive it or forget to do it.
Nah, not the Big Live Live Show, it'll be archived.

Havok

Yeah, but sometimes they don't archive it or forget to do it.
All the Big Live Live shows have been archived in the past, usually in 3 part videos on the site. Their twitch channel has never lost anything in the past, at least not free content. Subscriber content doesn't get exposed on there.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
The one good thing that was shown from the footage was the power of a charged Boltshot.

Seemed pretty lethal at close range.

I was pleasantly surprised with how well he was able to use that weapon. Sometimes it can take a little while to wrap your head around the dual firing modes.

Tastes like Halo.

We need more Halo-themed foods, the drinks at... E3? were a good place to start.

Clearly, Didact's status as a party god is exemplified in that he had too many Dewey Decimates, accidentally annihilated Forerunner University (now known as the Milky Way Galaxy) in a drunken stupor, and has been crashing unknowingly in his lava lamp-themed spherical waterbed for 100,000 years. Why is he the ancient evil? He's hung over as fuck, dude. Battlewagons are really just party vans and Chief's just going through one of the most intense hazing periods in recorded history to prove he and Cortana can party with the Promethean Party God himself.

So the first direct feed footage they put out was a deliberate joke?

/facepalm.

Is it worth watching for the gameplay? Not really interested in the jokes.

Woorloog

Banned
I was pleasantly surprised with how well he was able to use that weapon. Sometimes it can take a little while to wrap your head around the dual firing modes.

The Boltshot certainly looks like an interesting weapon, a deadly backup weapon.
The Plasma Pistol has excellent utility of course, so it is going to be hard to choose beetween those. At least it will be for me. The Magnum though, i still can't fathom any reason for picking it. Which is too bad, i like the model.

heckfu

Banned
Good to see that not only is the fucking Banshee overpowered as usual, but now the normal cannons are OP.

Uhhh, it lasted like 1 minute in the multiple games I played on Exile. If you're a competent player (you are) you'll have no problem. They nerfed it by making it was less agile in normal turns and by also slowing down the evasive maneuvers a tonnnnnn.

BigShow36

The Boltshot certainly looks like an interesting weapon, a deadly backup weapon.
The Plasma Pistol has excellent utility of course, so it is going to be hard to choose beetween those. At least it will be for me. The Magnum though, i still can't fathom any reason for picking it. Which is too bad, i like the model.

Bloom alone makes me never want to touch the pistol. Good thing I'm not forced into using it in any of the primary game modes that have formed the pillars of Halo since its inception.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Entertaining Giant Bomb video but I'm itching for new content.

Ugh, 8 weeks of torture.

BL2 can't come soon enough to make a few of those weeks disappear.

Uhhh, it lasted like 1 minute in the multiple games I played on Exile. If you're a competent player (you are) you'll have no problem. They nerfed it by making it was less agile in normal turns and by also slowing down the evasive maneuvers a tonnnnnn.

It sure did look pretty powerful when Eli was using it.

BigShow36

Yeah, except that it's not. The Banshee feels like it's moving through mud compared to Reach. It's not going to be a problem.

Classic Halo balance; instead of tuning the damage or difficulty of a weapon or vehicle, we'll just make it clumsy and not fun to use.

Bloom on pistol does look to be to much, I hope thats part of the fine tuning they have spoke to recently

Any amount of bloom is too much.

Woorloog

Banned
Suddenly i realized i don't know why i worry about "hard to choose". Why don't i just make two identical loadouts, other than the secondary? Solves my problem pretty neatly.
The Plasma Pistol whenever there are vehicles in play, the Boltshot otherwise. Primary being the Light Rifle, since it has the BR and DMR in the same package.

I'm worrying more about automatics being actually viable weapons...

Yeah, except that it's not. The Banshee feels like it's moving through mud compared to Reach. It's not going to be a problem.

How large is the blast radius of the Banshee bomb compared to Reach? I've always felt that the radius is why the Banshee was so overpowered in Reach.

Conor 419

Banned
See, in Halo 3 I never even thought the Banshee was that bad. It was deadly in the arms of a skilled player, but that's how it should be.

Bsigg12

Entertaining Giant Bomb video but I'm itching for new content.

Ugh, 8 weeks of torture.

BL2 can't come soon enough to make a few of those weeks disappear.

2 weeks for the first flood of campaign/multiplayer previews that happened this week. I wonder what's the reason for a lengthy embargo like that.

And BL2 looks fantastic, pretty pumped.

heckfu

Banned
Classic Halo balance; instead of tuning the damage or difficulty of a weapon or vehicle, we'll just make it clumsy and not fun to use.

Lol, and I'm sure if they nerfed the damage of the projectiles and was still fast you'd bitch about how you could just easily escape people trying to shoot you down.

I'm not really sure what your angle on this forum is but to talk shit about literally every aspect of the game.

Sadly, they have chosen to go with the slow, but powerful banshee. I would prefer it a different way, but it's certainly not overpowered.
Suddenly i realized i don't know why i worry about "hard to choose". Why don't i just make two identical loadouts, other than the secondary? Solves my problem pretty neatly.
The Plasma Pistol whenever there are vehicles in play, the Boltshot otherwise. Primary being the Light Rifle, since it has the BR and DMR in the same package.

I'm worrying more about automatics being actually viable weapons...

Firepower, Storm Rifle secondary.

I'm going to keep saying that, and no one will believe me.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Lol, and I'm sure if they nerfed the damage of the projectiles and was still fast you'd bitch about how you could just easily escape people trying to shoot you down.

I'm not really sure what your angle on this forum is but to talk shit about literally every aspect of the game.

To be fair some of these aspects are purely imagined or hypothetical.

BigShow36

Actually, I don't give a rats ass about the vehicles; they haven't been fun to me since Halo CE. I was pointing out that in typical Halo fashion, instead of directly addressing and fixing an issue in the most logical way possible, developers have tended to alter some other aspect instead.

Its a stupid way to balance things, and deserves to have shit talked about it.

My "angle" has always been multiplayer balance.

heckfu

Banned
Actually, I don't give a rats ass about the vehicles; they haven't been fun to me since Halo CE. I was pointing out that in typical Halo fashion, instead of directly addressing and fixing an issue in the most logical way possible, developers have tended to alter some other aspect instead.

Thanks for addressing my question.

I didn't mention it earlier but I know for fact that I shot a Warthog with a driver and a passenger with a banshee bomb and it didn't kill either player at full shields. I understand this still doesn't help you since they killed the agility of it as well, but it's food for thought.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

Except all you ever do is post inflametory bullshit. You literally never have anything positive or constructive to say. Heckfu is spot on. It's like you're only here to shit on everything an your hoping the game is broken so you can come back after launch and be one of those "I told you it would suck" douchebags.

No one gives a fuck.

Havok

I really like that they beefed up the plasma cannons and made the Banshee less agile, I still just don't see any reason to use them over the fuel rod gun, which is a weapon I'll never be able to get behind. It was the case in Halo 3 as well, as soon as that thing was ready people would just pop it off. The guns were timefillers, where forcing people to use them slows the Banshee down and solves the agility problem just through how they behave. We'll see, I guess. Anxious to see how Gamesager performs with it.

TheOddOne

Experience and player investment system.
51236.gif

willow ve

Just played a round of Team Snipers. Party of 4 on the other team recognized my gamertag from posting on Waypoint. I was ashamed.
Never again

BigShow36

Thanks for addressing my question.

I didn't mention it earlier but I know for fact that I shot a Warthog with a driver and a passenger with a banshee bomb and it didn't kill either player at full shields. I understand this still doesn't help you since they killed the agility of it as well, but it's food for thought.

That sounds pretty stupid to me, but again, I don't really care much about the vehicles. Ever since they made them require specialized weapons just to combat, I haven't been a fan. I liked when a single, skilled player could flip a warthog with a well place grenade, or headshot a careless tank driver.

Except all you ever do is post inflametory bullshit. You literally never have anything positive or constructive to say. Heckfu is spot on. It's like you're only here to shit on everything an your hoping the game is broken so you can come back after launch and be one of those "I told you it would suck" douchebags.

No one gives a fuck.

Apparently some fucks are given.

Also, I have a lot of constructive things to say and I'm not one to gloat over my favorite game being ruined further with each iteration.

We were discussing Halo evolutions today in the lobby and it was decided that dirt is collectively the favorite.

Such a great story, also found out that one of us has very loose bowels.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Why do people attack Bigshow like this, and just go "oh you!" anytime kyle posts something negative?

I find their criticisms pretty valid for the most part, but maybe that's just me.

Top Bottom