• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach Beta Thread

Definity

OK, I'm up and ready to see new Reach footage please.

Also, has Bungie revealed how they will hand out F&F codes? I know urk (I think it was urk) said it would be handled a bit differently than the H3 beta but didn't see any specifics yet. I just want to be prepared if I need to do a human sacrifice or something along those lines.

If there is a time to keep things fair for the west of the world then it will most probably be another 3-4 hours yet, nearly 2pm in the UK so I would say 5-6pm.

Looks like I am playing more Halo 1 until then!

Why did this guy skip over the grenade launcher and pick up the AR? ugh, it's a sad day when I'm a better player than the journalists.

EDIT: Damn, I don't have 35 minutes to watch this during work. :-(

neoism

Got to tell you, the elites are fucking awesome looking, and look like a lot of fun to play. I barely used them in H3.

Whoa, Ive watched about 10 mins of that video and I have to say

First person warthog - SUPER AWESOME

New commentator - not so super awesome. - I know the old one is back and that I guess Generator defence is more story based so needs a more 'realistic' commentary. Still it would be awesome to hear "Protect the generators" from a dude who sounds like he wants to rip your head off if you fail.

Edit: Oh wait, maybe im wrong, seems like theres a mix of new commentator for some stuff and old guy for some stuff.

Spirit3

Definity said:
Also, has Bungie revealed how they will hand out F&F codes? I know urk (I think it was urk) said it would be handled a bit differently than the H3 beta but didn't see any specifics yet. I just want to be prepared if I need to do a human sacrifice or something along those lines.

By constantly spamming Bungie staff's message boxes (disclaimer, I strongly recommend against this course of action). My guess is Bungie will reward their long-term forum users and Halo players that have reached a certain critera. Also a few lucky boys from here will no doubt be in early (Dani for one).

Giantbomb crew doesn't know the Halo lore like all of us. They do after all play hundreds of games a year. Give them some slack.

neoism

bobs99 ... said:

New commentator - not so super awesome.
yeah, really surprising but awesome nonetheless.

bobs99 ... said:

New commentator - not so super awesome.
Yeah, that Warthog bit was actually pretty sweet. Wonder how that fits into the game.

When I get to watch the rest of the video, I'm going to turn the sound off and just watch the pretty pictures.

neoism

Hope they play SWAT, can't believe they haven't used the DMR yet!:lol
Popeck said:
Naah, Needle Rifle is basically the new Carbine.
yep, that's why I asked, seeing the NR, I was thinking it's like the Carbine

GhaleonEB

Shake Appeal said:
Twenty seconds in, this is going to be both infuriating and awesome.
Pretty much.

I've updated the OP with the link to the Giant Bomb video, I'll catch any others in a couple hours - my morning schedule is busy but I'll update again when I get free.

Brainboy

Aaah, I should really be doing revision this afternoon, not watching ~1 hour of footage (from just two websites so far!). I'll leave the videos as my reward for this evening, I guess. :)

"Gotta get my needler and my, uh, my, uh... pistol in my hands, so I can take down your shields and fill you full of needles!

That's a classic technique, they actually named a layout after me..."

:lol

neoism

Customs games... :( shame it's not in the beta!

I wonder if Bungle or someone else will do a tour of the maps, I need to know the weapon spawns!

Spirit3

Pennybags said:
Maybe the Joystiq crew is better at actually playing the game. :lol

As painful as it is to watch Brad DieMaker play any type of video game (ged it, he dies alot) the combination of Halo and Giantbomb boys is just so good.

Pennybags

JaggedSac said:
Damnit, so many videos, but so much work to do. What to choose?

Obviously the Mongoose Race video on Joystiq. :D

Spirit3 said:
As painful as it is to watch Brad DieMaker play any type of video game (ged it, he dies alot) the combination of Halo and Giantbomb boys is just so good.

I can't listen to the audio just yet. I'm sure its quite good. :D

Top Bottom