• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
EliteLove.jpg

Alienshogun said:
Ya'll ignore me if you want, it's no skin off my back, especially since none of you know the exact circumstances of what went on with that IGN fiasco.
The fact that there was even a fiasco in the first place is a bit of a red flag... :p

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Hydranockz said:
The fact that there was even a fiasco in the first place is a bit of a red flag... :p

Eh, it is what it is, needless to say the kid was using his parents credit card without permission, but again, that's besides the point.

I'm not defending what I did, I know I went over the line, but good came out of it. Also, most those guys in that link talking shit, I talk to again on another forum, and that kid actually apologized to me, so again, it is what it is. It has no bearing on this forum.

What does have bearing on this forum is the Gears thread, which I still feel justified in, but I understand most people don't share my ideals.

I won't bother shitting this thread up anymore with this crap, just felt I should comment.

GhaleonEB

Account Attempt #4 said:
Broner.

I'm digging the LASO challenges, even more that this one should be one of the easier of them. They could pay out a little better IMO.
I'm enjoying them, though I'm sort of dreading the rail ride on this one even though I've never died on it (trauma from the TotS one). The payouts are rising with each one (the first aside):

Winter Contingency: 12,500 cR (with Blind on)

ONI: 11,000 cR

Nightfall: 12,000 cR

Tip of the Spear: 13,000 cR

Long Night of Solace: 14,000 cR

Exodus: 15,000 cR

I assume the steady 1k rise will continue, with PoA worth 18,000 cR. Though it would be neat if they bumped it and gave us the first 20,000 cR Challenge.

I'm secretly holding out for some sort of meta-payoff for doing all of them.

I've been enjoying the campaign a great deal lately. I went through four missions last night (all flawless cowboy, baby), three of them in the co-op campaign playlist with one other guy each. I wish the Game Complete bonus didn't accrue so slowly though, to compensate for the lack of Commendations. It moves at the same pace as Score Attack, about 1/4 the pace of MP.
Hydranockz said:
My money is on a weekly to do the whole campaign LASO. The first weekly was to finish the campaign essentially after all :p
I'm hoping they come back as daily Challenges, in sequence. Make them regular, like one every Saturday, with big meaty payouts. Give people a custom nameplate in Reach who do all nine or something.

lybertyboy said:
SPOILER! SPOILER!

Ramirez said:
I never could do the Warthog run on Legendary. /weaksauce
yep. Same problem.

(Suddenly I want to play the whole Halo saga again. Btw. still need the Halo 3 ODST Vidmaster achievements(Firefight and the last level one) and the Halo 3 Vidmaster with the ghost)

MrBig

Hypertrooper said:
(Suddenly I want to play the whole Halo saga again. Btw. still need the Halo 3 ODST Vidmaster achievements(Firefight and the last level one) and the Halo 3 Vidmaster with the ghost)
I'd be up for this. Any time friday or this weekend.

Gui_PT

Hypertrooper said:

I want to join in on the ghost one!

Gui_PT

Barrow Roll said:
I'd love to help but Hypertrooper being in Europe would probably make Firefight and Campaign unplayable for me.

Actually, lag in ODST's FF wasn't that bad. It was playable, if I remember correctly

Barrow Roll said:
I'd love to help but Hypertrooper being in Europe would probably make Firefight and Campaign unplayable for me.
Before Reach came out, I tried to get the achievement with TJ Trasher and his friends and we nearly got it(DAMN YOU BRUTE CHIEFTAIN!). It was playable. :)

Hypertrooper said:
I will be so freaking pissed if you guys played ODST's Firefight without me.

I would rage quit from life. :lol

Count me in if there's still room.

Steelyuhas said:
That would be scary!
fixed

But I'd take it. I was gone for ONI and although I finally did get Tip of the Spear
thesoloway
, I gave up on LNoS after the epic 4 hour fail
should'veusedtheguidezomg. Purple box stacking? WTF!
So, I learned my lesson and depending on how long I have to actually attempt this, I may just use the guide to ensure that I etch another LASO notch on my belt. As for the bonus for doing all of them? While I do think it possible, I'd advise to manage those expectations, Ghal :p

Gui_PT

MrBig said:
I don't know mang, Danish connections plus ghosts on moving scenery = not good fun times.

Last time I tried to do that with gaffers, we took well over an hour to finish the level. And every minute of that was fun =P

Hypertrooper said:
Before Reach came out, I tried to get the achievement with TJ Trasher and his friends and we nearly got it(DAMN YOU BRUTE CHIEFTAIN!). It was playable. :)
In that case, most definitely count me in.

MrBig

So yeah, i found a shortcut up to the top of the AA tower to assassinate the fuel brute the doesn't involve cutting it ridiculously close with the jet pack and will always work :)

Hypertrooper said:

What if we were a part of the accepted beta testers but them the email/survey thing broke? Should we fill this out?

URK!

EDIT: It comes up on my account page, so I guess I should. Doing it now.

EDIT 2: Done. I guess I'm king of the world now.

Urk's post about the tag bans.

Banpuppy is watching. Banpuppy is waiting.
puppers.jpg

LOLOLOL

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
There should be a daily weekly LASO that has you do a new LASO each day of the week. The payoff could be like 120,000 cR.

For or against?

/\ so cuuuute.
OT
According to the Terminator franchise, at 8:11 p.m. today, April 19, 2011...the military-designed artificial intelligence system know as Skynet will become self-aware and turn on its creators. (pulled from a blog Stuck in the 80's)
48 hours 'til Judgement day.

So I think I'll try the LASO tonight after all.

Gui_PT

Account Attempt #4 said:
OT
According to the Terminator franchise, at 8:11 p.m. today, April 19, 2011...the military-designed artificial intelligence system know as Skynet will become self-aware and turn on its creators.

neeeeeeerddluk.gif

Merguson

Banned
Account Attempt #4 said:
/\ so cuuuute.
OT
According to the Terminator franchise, at 8:11 p.m. today, April 19, 2011...the military-designed artificial intelligence system know as Skynet will become self-aware and turn on its creators.

So I think I'll try the LASO tonight after all.

James Cameron is a visionary after all.

Tunavi

Banned
Account Attempt #4 said:
/\ so cuuuute.
OT
Skynet = GLadDOS

Looks like we're having an ODST firefight night this week!

Hey You

Dax01 said:
Bungie, are you done sending out emails to tell if you've been accepted as a Beta tester? Cause I still haven't gotten an email. :(

Can you complete this survey if you aren't a beta tester?
Yeah, see if you can.

MrBig

Alienshogun said:
Survey seemed (again) highly MMO related.
:lol

There was one question about MMOs and a few about RPGs. The rest was general gaming.

I'm guessing there game will be a futurist 20th century sci-fi style co-op RPG with multiplayer.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
MrBig said:
:lol

There was one question about MMOs and a few about RPGs. The rest was general gaming.

There were other questions that link into those though, "Do you like customizing your character, do you like having things no one else has, etc."

Sure they could be just a persistent upgrade system, but the overall feeling I got was MMO.

Booshka

I got a free copy of Reach from MS for the latest Beta. I have been playing it relatively frequently, I finished the campaign on Legendary alone (my favorite Campaign since CE), and have been jumping around different playlists in MM. I don't have the DLC, and don't plan on buying any of it. But, I'd be happy to get into some GAF-Customs, or just play MM with Halo-GAF. I'm a good player but don't take it too serious. My GT is Booshka if anyone wants to play.

Striker

The DLC offers a pretty good chunk of solid maps. Anchor 9 and Tempest are two of the best maps in the game, and Highlands finally boosts BTB up a bit. Actually three of the better maps released for DLC since Halo 2's glorious Maptacular pack (which contained Relic and Terminal).

Top Bottom