• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

ElRenoRaven

senador said:
Yes this, and the few tools I've tried have not worked for me. What tools are you using Psycho? Is it against rules to say or something?

Urk, no download version this time? (I guess it'd be a behemoth)

Well I don't know if it's against the rules per say but youtube doesn't regularly offer downloads so it's in the grey area. I just like to keep my vids though so that's why I use it.

And it is a huge size. The 720P MP4 is 952MB

senador said:
Urk, no download version this time? (I guess it'd be a behemoth)
Over on HBO he said the h.264 file is nearly 3 GB.

That would put quite a strain on Bungie.net, considering how many people are watching this beautiful film.

Edit: Damn, I'm slow today.

senador

Banned
PsychoRaven said:
Well I don't know if it's against the rules per say but youtube doesn't regularly offer downloads so it's in the grey area. I just like to keep my vids though so that's why I use it.

And it is a huge size. The 720P MP4 is 952MB

<3

urk said:
The H.264 is 2.9Gb.

Figured. HD that long has to be huge. I also would love it if we could have though, if the technical aspects could somehow be worked out. Maybe break into parts or something? But on CDN? I dunno.

Edit: After snagging the YouTube download, the quality is quite good. I may be OK with this 720 version.

Heysoos

Now I remember why I stopped playing Reach. It's either the constant quitting, kids screaming into their mics, or just plain douchebag team mates that aren't even trying to play the game. Is there any playlist where this isn't the fucking norm? As much I like Bungie penalizing team quitters, it doesn't seem to stop them one bit.

ElRenoRaven

Booties said:
Why not just stream it? It's not really that big of a deal to watch it movie style.

To keep it for ourselves of course. I save the huge ones like this to keep. Someday I plan to make myself a disc with the big one's like this which haven't been released on dvds or blu-rays etc.

feel

GhaleonEB said:
To be fair, they didn't really touch Halo 3 MP either. It was more about the scope of the campaign and the overall project for both that game and Reach.
Heh, didn't even notice, the short part showing off Theater in H3 multiplayer was enough to please me. I was just glad they didn't make a long stop on Reach mp to explain why it's the ultimate Halo mp experience and the result of 10 years of finetunning and fan feedback.

Karl2177

Booties said:
Why not just stream it? It's not really that big of a deal to watch it movie style.
My internet isn't the greatest, so when it comes to streaming vs. local, I'd rather have local.

urk said:
The H.264 is 2.9Gb.
I'll buy you a beer. It'll have to be Canadian beer as I'd actually be able to buy it up there, but eh...

Letters said:
I found it funny how Reach MP and Sage got something like 10 seconds of screen time combined.

When it showed Sage happy with something and walking away from the screen giving thumbs up, I can't help but wonder what it was lol.

Karl2177

Steelyuhas said:
When it showed Sage happy with something and walking away from the screen giving thumbs up, I can't help but wonder what it was lol.
Obviously it was when Armor Lock worked for the first time.

senador

Banned
Booties said:

I'll have to stop/start several times, like the better quality of not streaming, like to store for watching again later, hate how hot my laptop gets watching Flash. Hate Flash. Enough reasons? ;)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
ncsuDuncan said:
Clearly he was reading NeoGAF.
Haha!

Being stuck with a faulty left bumper has been a blessing in disguise. Team Classic is frickin awesome. I just need more map variety. And holy crap, bloom does not go well with faster moving speed. Needs to be axed asap.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
ncsuDuncan said:
Clearly he was reading NeoGAF.
sagec7bw.gif

feel

Plywood said:
http://www.abload.de/img/sagec7bw.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
Yes! :lol This will get some use.

My shirt is up

[B][url]http://neogaf.spreadshirt.com/letters-01front-I11424680[/url][/B]

[IMG]http://i51.tinypic.com/1z64ia.jpg

plenty of color options, looks better with the darker ones of course

the text on the back is slightly bigger than I asked for, but I'm fine with it

MrBig

omg.kittens said:
Haha!

Being stuck with a faulty left bumper has been a blessing in disguise. Team Classic is frickin awesome. I just need more map variety. And holy crap, bloom does not go well with faster moving speed. Needs to be axed asap.
101 more sleeps

neoism

A27_StarWolf said:
Nostalgia moment.

Before Topgun and I were here, way back in Halo:3 days :p.

We got matched up into a lobby with you, on the other team.

Now we play Halo with you haha.

This place blows my mind.

HaloGAF is awesome <3
Halo is awesome <3
Bungie is awesome. <3

edit-BTW the viddoc has buffered on Louis Wu 3 times now... Should I be afraid :p?
most definitely... I probably would still play Halo everday...but Halogaf makes it soooo much more, so much better. Really wish Saturday customs would start back up :(

neoism

Steelyuhas said:
a gif has to be made........
lol nm plywood for the win

sagec7bw.gif

Risen

neoism said:
most definitely... I probably would still play Halo everday...but Halogaf makes it soooo much more, so much better. Really wish Saturday customs would start back up :(

whelp... let's start them back up this saturday - I far prefer customs to general matchmaking. Lately me and 7 friends have been going in the MLG list and running "customs" that way. It's been a ton of fun letting MM mix the group up every game.

stephen08

Sage draws far too much ire. Even if some of the changes were not universally agreed with he did add cooldown to the warthog turret, improve the pistol substantially, introduced the grenade launcher, the falcon etc. There's a number of changes to the sandbox that were really well done and are totally overlooked in lieu of some of the more polarizing changes.

ElRenoRaven

stephen08 said:
Sage draw far too much ire. Even if some of the changes were not universally agreed with he did add cooldown to the warthog turret, improve the pistol substantially, introduced the grenade launcher, the falcon etc. There's a number of changes to the sandbox that were really well done and are totally overlooked in lieu of some of the more polarizing changes.

Yup. You have to remember this is Halogaf. We are the minority. I bet you most of the fans out there who aren't vocal and post on forums all the time probably don't mind the changes one bit. Hell really as much as I dislike bloom it doesn't bother me. The armor abilities though must die. They just must.

I love Sage, and I hope he has skin as thick as his beard.

I might not be a fan of his work in Reach, but he made me realize what I do and don't like in Halo. And judging from the responses in this thread from today, people outside of the hardcore Halo fanbase appreciated Reach, and ultimately his work.

I'm curious to see his contributions to Destiny. Since he won't be working within my preconceived notions of what the game should be or how it should play, I wonder if I'll like what he does.

stephen08 said:
Sage draws far too much ire. Even if some of the changes were not universally agreed with he did add cooldown to the warthog turret, improve the pistol substantially, introduced the grenade launcher, the falcon etc. There's a number of changes to the sandbox that were really well done and are totally overlooked in lieu of some of the more polarizing changes.
Reach = Sage and to a lesser extent NOF.
Halo 3 = Shishka

Sai-kun

Banned
At first I felt bad for fucking around and camping in this spot, but then this guy started talking mad trash and saying some pretty offensive shit, so I stopped caring.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=21877845&player=Sai kun

Even funnier, when I went back to record that clip, I went to his perspective, and he had crouch walked from the outside vent all the way to where I got him. :lol I was laughing so hard as I watched him being super careful and looking around for everything. Oh god.

Devin Olsen said:
And now in my cart.

What was the other HaloGAF shirt that was supposed to be added to the store?

These

8Yuzj.png

(^ this one I think I might have to redo for a higher res since it's not vector but I'm not sure.)

17p2u.png

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
This might be pointless, but here's some screencaps of things I think are Destiny related. Doubt I caught everything though, only rushed through to parts I remembered when I watched.

Destiny Info/Blurred Stuff

Four distinct screens showing... levels or building maybe?
dest4.png

Some kind of environment, rocky maybe?
dest6.png

Too blurry to make anything out clearly
dest7.png

GAMEPLAY BETWEEN LANDMARKS
Sounds quite MMO-ish. We see a diagram of what I am assuming are the landmarks in question with the gameplay flow seemingly laid out. Unfortunately I can't make out the wall of text beside it.
dest8.png

T-Shirts

dest9.png

dest5.png

dest3.png

dest2.png

dest1.png

Devolution said:
These
(^ this one I think I might have to redo for a higher res since it's not vector but I'm not sure.)
Dammit, why are they good!

I am going to order the three shirts I have, and then order these two when they end up in the store (any idea when?)

6skk8.png

Top Bottom