• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Trey

Anniversary is a remake first a foremost. On its own it may be a good track, but it fails as a remake.

How so? Seems to lend well to the source material while providing its own flavor. A solid remake of the tune.

How would you even know, you don't even make music.

Shots fired.

There's a bloom joke lurking in there, somewhere

Ramirez

Games of Versus played by me on matchmaking:

Halo 3 - 6472 (4.15 avg per day since it came out; 5.98 avg games per day while it was the go-to Halo till 9/14/2010)

Halo Reach - 2031 (4.25 avg per day since it came out)

I should play less Reach if I intend to be making a point a few years from now of how much hated it and how little I played it.

You can just use my stats, 10K of Halo 3 to 3300 of Reach, I don't see another 700 games of Reach in me until 4 comes out, so under 4K coming off 10K is quite a drop. :p

Sai-kun

Banned
>implying lady gaga makes music

ak710.gif

feel

You can just use my stats, 10K of Halo 3 to 3300 of Reach, I don't see another 700 games of Reach in me until 4 comes out, so under 4K coming off 10K is quite a drop. :p

Even if my numbers don't seem too distant between the two games now if you take into account release dates, by the time Reach passes the torch and I'm truly done with it, I'll have played less than half of what I played Halo 3. I'm ok with that. :)

heckfu

Banned
Siege of Madrigal got remastered? WHERE?

End of the Installation 04 track

And as far as game count goes, maybe we're all just getting older...at least that's the case for me. 3 came out in undergrad and I had a lot more time to play. Since Reach came out in grad school my priorities may have shifted a little bit to work more on school/work stuff.

Lady Gaga has a decent voice and is pretty good at playing the piano, but she wastes her talent to make a quick buck making music sugar coated to hide the fact that its incredibly shallow.

She isn't making music, she is making sounds. Music is something you have to feel. You have to mean it. Lady GaGa won't last, she will be asking her self in the future, gee why didn't I make actual music?

Sai-kun

Banned
Lady Gaga has a decent voice and is pretty good at playing the piano, but she wastes her talent to make a quick buck making music sugar coated to hide the fact that its incredibly shallow.

She isn't making music, she is making sounds. Music is something you have to feel. You have to mean it. Lady GaGa won't last, she will be asking her self in the future, gee why didn't I make actual music?

lmfao what youtube video did you pull this from? this is great

Not sure if serious.

Music can be anything it by its definition its is art and as such can be as far removed as possible from another piece of music and still be called music.

Music is nothing but sound and silence, pitched and tempoed in to a pattern that pleases people, if the particular does not please you fine but it pleases others.

heckfu

Banned

Wait...you're serious aren't you? I'm pretty sure my grandparents parents called the Beatles "noise" because it wasnt doo-wop horseshit.

She may be over the top but what she does is pretty artistic man.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Wait...you're serious aren't you? I'm pretty sure my grandparents parents called the Beatles "noise" because it wasnt doo-wop horseshit.

She may be over the top but what she does is pretty artistic man.

First of all, doo-wop isn't horseshit. I really like some of Lady GaGa's songs. I don't really give a shit how she dresses, acts and all her stupid fuckin videos. Doesn't effect my opinion of her music. What someone might call art, someone else might call garbage. I think she's got some of the best pop songs of the last 10 years though. A lot of her songs are fuckin stupid though :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B7Bo_OVR9c

heckfu

Banned
First of all, doo-wop isn't horseshit. I really like some of Lady GaGa's songs. I don't really give a shit how she dresses, acts and all her stupid fuckin videos. Doesn't effect my opinion of her music. What someone might call art, someone else might call garbage. I think she's got some of the best pop songs of the last 10 years though. A lot of her songs are fuckin stupid though :/

I read this post twice and both times I laughed at "First of all, doo-wop isn't horseshit" haha.

Quite honestly, as a designer my self, I don't buy the whole "everything is art its ok!" argument at all. Just like shitty design, there is shitty music. It may not be the worst thing in the world, but its shallow.

Take Coldplay's new album. No matter how you feel about coldplay, some of their older albums are fantastic and deep, moving, they server a purpose. They provoke thought.

Their new album "every tear drop is a water fall" is, like gaga music, shallow, sugar coated, and piss poor music.

An example, this song was excluded off the new album: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-KsutWy3UU It is beautiful

To contrast, the less than awesome song on their album: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbOkjctth7s
This song is awful, taking taste out of it, its forced, its shallow

Now I'm sure some of you think I just don't like the style the album took, not true at all, the song "Paradise" I think manages to be pretty good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G4isv_Fylg&ob=av2e

We have bad movies

We have bad design

We have bad video games

We have bad art, this, to me, again to ME is a truth.

Music is no exception, its not about what time period its from for me, but if you are making the music because someone else told you to pluck the strings, it ain't music, or at least its not good music.

I make the same argument with abstract art, yes it is art, but if its just splattering paint onto a board in 10 min than sorry, it blows.

Can you imagine the shit I get having these thoughts and being an art student myself?

Also guys, if you don't agree with me, that's cool, but these are just my thoughts and opinions on the issue.

I think the auto tune bothers me a too. If you use it as an artistic tool that's fine, but if you use it to trick the people listening to it that you actually sound that good fuck off.

Tashi

I don't think you can knock someone for liking "pop", "sugar coated" music though. There's enjoyment to be had in these "shallow" songs just like there is in dumb action movies.

Tashi

Ugh I just played against Naded and his goons. He got an Overkill on us. So annoying. I'm so close to getting my own tonight.

Coldplay talk

No lyrics about graffiti on 'Moving to Mars', duh!

Seriously though, I would say that 'Moving to Mars' is a much better individual song, but I don't really see where the track fits on the album narratively, which I'm sure is why it's not on there.

HaloGAF gets off topic, but tonight's discussion is really out there lol.

Someone should pester Zalinkrow enough so he posts some links to the 'music' he had to study in a Digital Arts module he had. Some pretty far out stuff. Orchestras playing scores of music generated by various algorithms, other songs that sound like a series of clicks, crazy I tells you.

I haven't been able to play as much Halo as I might have wanted lately. As it turns out, women desire attention much like plants or other human beings. My girlfriend is one such woman :p She knows to laugh at Xand though, and Elzar, so clearly she's a keeper.

Someone should pester Zalinkrow enough so he posts some links to the 'music' he had to study in a Digital Arts module he had. Some pretty far out stuff. Orchestras playing scores of music generated by various algorithms, other songs that sound like a series of clicks, crazy I tells you.

I haven't been able to play as much Halo as I might have wanted lately. As it turns out, women desire attention much like plants or other human beings. My girlfriend is one such woman :p She knows to laugh at Xand though, and Elzar, so clearly she's a keeper.

What do you mean and Elzar hmmm? :p

Also did you have fun watching Zalin play SR3? I imagine it was quite entertaining.

Top Bottom