• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Wars 2 gameplay and impressions

Very happy there are a lot of positive impressions. I LOVE RTS, but im a bit spoiled by blizzard. Maybe i'm even bias with my nose in the air! HRMPH

Tecnniqe

Banned
Very happy there are a lot of positive impressions. I LOVE RTS, but im a bit spoiled by blizzard. Maybe i'm even bias with my nose in the air! HRMPH

Blizz ain't got no 'Hogs!
vas0lxL.gif

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
All I want out of this is an action packed RTS where you can blow tons of shit up. I haven't played one like that since World in Conflict.

This is sounding much better than I expected. Blitz mode seems to be cool, and the co-op version of it should be right up my alley. I'm now cautiously optimistic about this game.

Unity2012

It looks amazing. I am glad we actually get to see and to learn more about the game. The forerunner units look great. Cant wait to play the campaign too.

This looks more like the original than I was expecting...in a good way!

Will probably get for PC if it ever goes on sale. Forza Horizon 3 is still $60, though...

Theorry

This looks more like the original than I was expecting...in a good way!

Will probably get for PC if it ever goes on sale. Forza Horizon 3 is still $60, though...

Horizon 3 went on sale quite a few times already tho. Even at retailers for the digital version. :)

01DragonFly

My 10 years old nephew and me are really exited to play the game. He is really a fan of tactical games since he played AW:dual strikes on the ds . we have been playing Halo wars DE since it launched almost every weekend so he is really exited to try the beta this weekend.

Looks damn good, glad they decided to make HW2, looking forward to doing some co-op with some of you folks.

Do we know if their will be co-op with PC/Xbox players?

Woorloog

Banned
Is there normal Covie stuff in this, not just Brute-fied stuff? You know, typical purple-blue stuff with sleek aesthetics?

I don't have anything against Brute versions but i prefer the normal ones.

EDIT Also, are there no longer articles about games, previews, stuff? I don't care for watching vids, prefer reading.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I like the music. i think the menu works a lot better on PC. it appears more fluid than using a controller in the menu video.

In tests and preview sessions, we've seen some PC folks choose to play console and vice versa, so it seems in that way the two are "balanced" and that people are picking based on subtle or subjective reasons.

But the good news is that we haven't really heard anyone complain that either experience was compromised. One of the hardest tightropes to walk, but the thesis is, respect the platform its on and don't try to shoehorn unnatural things in or out.

Johnohno

I've won like 20 times now and never got one. :(

Wonder if it's US only or something, because others also haven't received anything.

I'm in the UK and I got a code. However it wouldn't let me redeem it yet. According to windowscentral you can't redeem it until the game launches so I just noted it down. You get it for your very first win.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I'm in the UK and I got a code. However it wouldn't let me redeem it yet. According to windowscentral you can't redeem it until the game launches so I just noted it down. You get it for your very first win.

I entered mine in the Windows Store and it got accepted.

Johnohno

I entered mine in the Windows Store and it got accepted.

Ah nice, will try windows store then. I tried it on Xbox and it said it couldn't redeem it right now.

EDIT: Redeemed fine on W10 store, thanks! UNSC Camo Skin is what I got. Do we know if it's the same for everyone?

Akai__

PC Gamer article: http://www.pcgamer.com/halo-wars-2-feels-like-a-return-to-the-cc-era-of-real-time-strategy/?utm_content=bufferf790a&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=buffer-pcgamertw

I may have to create a Twitter account just for that purpose.

Top Bottom