• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Wars: Definitive Edition |OT| The Best Marketing This Game Will Get

Anion

You can always contact support in the hope of a key :)

That is an excellent idea. I keep telling myself I will. I might as well right now. Will report back if it helps.

Edit: Did not help. Agents tried but said the system would not let them override 7-10 day wait.

m23

I really can't play this online right now. The only people I find are ridiculously good and I can't touch them.

I'll play skirmish against AI for fun I guess until HW2 releases.

Hawk269

I really can't play this online right now. The only people I find are ridiculously good and I can't touch them.

I'll play skirmish against AI for fun I guess until HW2 releases.

Without Ranking/Matchmaking this is the cause of uneven games.

m23

Without Ranking/Matchmaking this is the cause of uneven games.

Yeah, I don't think they will be adding that to this game for reasons brought up earlier in this thread. I don't mind too much as I will primarily be playing Wars 2 at that point anyway, just makes the wait harder.

Fuchsdh

Can anyone explain why an app in my library will show as no longer available? Did a fresh install of W10 and both Halo Wars DE and Halo 5 Forge are saying they are not available. My computer is update and on the Windows 10 1607 (Anniversary) update.

frontieruk

Can anyone explain why an app in my library will show as no longer available? Did a fresh install of W10 and both Halo Wars DE and Halo 5 Forge are saying they are not available. My computer is update and on the Windows 10 1607 (Anniversary) update.

Open the Xbox app, you probably need to sign in.

frontieruk

Ok, did that... and now it's saying this app will not work on my device (and the XB1 icon is the only thing showing.) Huh?

Back to store
A normal Play Anywhere code should add the title to your ready-to-download section on the XB1, and for PC to either your library on the Win10 store app (occasionally you pull it up on the store and add it from there). Your library should have a section for what plays on the PC you're on. It can be confusing because it will also show you the XB1 license which won't play on that device.

Double-check to see if you were looking at the Xbox license or the actual PC license (both will show up in your library). There may be an actual problem for you, but someone else had the same situation and it was just looking at the wrong item.

Click icon top right> my library > games/show all > press thingy next to it

Akai__

Behaviour Games did the port and I must say they did a great job overall. Here is the updated description which has them listed as Developer:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-wars

PS: Pretty sure that the CPU is a limiting factor in the Xbox One. RTS games were always CPU heavy games and it really shows. As soon as you control more than 20 units and engage in a fight, you can see performance going down. Not the case on PC and makes me wonder how HW2 will do in that regard.

Figure I would give an update of where my code is since it's been over 10 days and I haven't received it yet.

Contacted support via chat and was told the following

Since, it is New year eve and is weekend. You didn't receive code today. You will get I tomorrow

It maximum takes 7-10 business days. You will receive it. I am really sorry for the inconvenience.

I guess MS doesn't work on Sundays...New year eve? Really?

7-10 business days? First I've heard that one.

Anyway, it's late. I don't have it. Hope to get it tomorrow.

Edit: Contacted MS support again since the last person only confused me. New person was very nice. I guess the order didn't go through until the day after I preordered, so that pushes me back one more day than I thought. Not entirely sure why I was given different answer from 3 different support people, but it is what it is I guess.

Tecnniqe

Banned
The reason you probably got 3 different answers is probably because they're equally confused about how the distribution works.

Anion

Figure I would give an update of where my code is since it's been over 10 days and I haven't received it yet.

Contacted support via chat and was told the following

I guess MS doesn't work on Sundays...New year eve? Really?

7-10 business days? First I've heard that one.

Anyway, it's late. I don't have it. Hope to get it tomorrow.

Edit: Contacted MS support again since the last person only confused me. New person was very nice. I guess the order didn't go through until the day after I preordered, so that pushes me back one more day than I thought. Not entirely sure why I was given different answer from 3 different support people, but it is what it is I guess.

This happened with me too. I swear I had ordered it on Sunday but I was talking to that agent and he said the order happened on Monday. I looked at the transaction history and low and behold it showed Sunday. I reluctantly believed that I must have just had he days wrong. But if this happened with you, I am sure they pushed it back

Random17

Just got off line with support, they told me that Tuesday is the code dropping day, 7-10 business days. Even though it'll be 11 days for me, it's basically the first Tuesday after the waiting period expires. That'll be tomorrow, or maximum another 36 hour wait for me.

Good luck!

Akai__

Weird that they got rid of all the co-op achievements? The game is so fun in co-op.

Also, RIP best achievement name ever:

ljSlbP7.png

Fuchsdh

Weird that they got rid of all the co-op achievements? The game is so fun in co-op.

Also, RIP best achievement name ever:

ljSlbP7.png

Yeah, was kind of odd. At least for me I found co-op harder on Legendary than doing it solo, even disregarding save/checkpoints.

Can you cross play skirmishes between PC and XB? Didn't see any info in the FAQ besides "you can play with friends".

Multiplayer has been giving me quite a few issues in this game, when I try to join a multiplayer match it sometimes gets stuck "Loading" for many minutes. If I force quit the game and try to get back in, it won't let me in the multiplayer menu. I'm guessing it's some sort of server side issue but hopefully they can patch it soon. Happened to me twice last night, the first time I went and played a destiny strike, came back, and then it failed again and I gave up.

Akoi

Really was interested in this but the 7-10 business day BS completely turned me off. I just will have to see how it reviews before I decide to pick it up then.. Unfortunate..

shoreu

Having to wait till tuesday is so trash why the hell was this wait so long

Really was interested in this but the 7-10 business day BS completely turned me off. I just will have to see how it reviews before I decide to pick it up then.. Unfortunate..

my one friend got his in 2 days. i honestly believe if you order now you'll get it on the code drop date.

Akai__

Yeah, was kind of odd. At least for me I found co-op harder on Legendary than doing it solo, even disregarding save/checkpoints.

Can you cross play skirmishes between PC and XB? Didn't see any info in the FAQ besides "you can play with friends".

Late response, sorry.

If you play on PC and try to start a Co-op Lobby, you get the option to invite friends. However, the Friendslist just says that nobody is online, even if your friend is currently on the Xbox One version of this game. Just like on Halo 5: Forge actually.

Such a great name :D

Yep.

Hooray I finally got my code!

Contacted MS support once again today and the agent confirmed that I should have received it by now and he was able to email me the code.

Now I can play! Yay!

Well that's interesting....

I received a code from support earlier when I contacted them, but just now received another one in my messages. They're not the same code/

Might have to give one away

Fuchsdh

After a whole bit of messing required to reinstall Windows on my new SSD, upgrade to 10, get the codes and stuff, finally playing. Halo Wars in 4K is definitely really nice.

Random17

After a whole bit of messing required to reinstall Windows on my new SSD, upgrade to 10, get the codes and stuff, finally playing. Halo Wars in 4K is definitely really nice.

Stupid question, how do you play in 4k? Do I need a 4k monitor? I don't see any 4k options...

Actually, if I set my monitor resolution to 4k, would that trick it into playing it in 4k? (edit: Yup, that works)

I even got access to the Halo Wars root folder and I found nothing of use.

Fuchsdh

Stupid question, how do you play in 4k? Do I need a 4k monitor? I don't see any 4k options...

Actually, if I set my monitor resolution to 4k, would that trick it into playing it in 4k? (edit: Yup, that works)

I even got access to the Halo Wars root folder and I found nothing of use.

The actual toggle is the "high resolution" one under options (it's kinda' weird it doesn't say what it is.') Otherwise I guess it runs 1080? Either way it started up that way for me w/ my Dell 4K monitor, so I guess it queries your resolution when you run.

Akai__

God damnit the Par Time achievements are bugged. Not only does Legendary in Par Time not contribute to the achievements, but it's also a lottery, if you actually finish the Missions in Par Time on Heroic. Progress is not increasing.

Tecnniqe

Banned
God damnit the Par Time achievements are bugged. Not only does Legendary in Par Time not contribute to the achievements, but it's also a lottery, if you actually finish the Missions in Par Time on Heroic. Progress is not increasing.
Hmm so that's why Legendary didn't pop.
It does specifically say Heroic I believe but you figure >.>

It did pop beating more or less everything under Par tho.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Yay!

Seriously, what a great port. Had a blast playing this on Normal co-op and Solo everything else again. Hopefully the next one is as great as this one. I'm ready for the sequel.

Grats!

Yeah HW2 will be great.

Blitz opens in ~6 days so look out for that.

Fuchsdh

Yay!

Seriously, what a great port. Had a blast playing this on Normal co-op and Solo everything else again. Hopefully the next one is as great as this one. I'm ready for the sequel.

Nice! Got sucked into dealing with The Witcher 3, but will be itching to finish up HW:DE before the sequel hits.

Akai__

Grats!

Yeah HW2 will be great.

Blitz opens in ~6 days so look out for that.

I don't know if it's going to be great, but I really hope so.

I also know about the Blitz Beta, but I don't care about it. Looked very bad from the already shown gameplay from the several events we have seen. I don't like the RNG + microtransaction system.

But to be honest, I don't actually care about MP either way this time arround. The only way I'll play it, is if there's achievements. Otherwise it will be Campaign and DLC Campaign only.

Nice! Got sucked into dealing with The Witcher 3, but will be itching to finish up HW:DE before the sequel hits.

You have a month left, I think you will be fine. :D

Tecnniqe

Banned
I don't know if it's going to be great, but I really hope so.

I also know about the Blitz Beta, but I don't care about it. Looked very bad from the already shown gameplay from the several events we have seen. I don't like the RNG + microtransaction system.

But to be honest, I don't actually care about MP either way this time arround. The only way I'll play it, is if there's achievements. Otherwise it will be Campaign and DLC Campaign only.

You have a month left, I think you will be fine. :D

Well how it all turns out with Blitz and it current system is to be seen.

But yeah. Campaign is #1 for me too.

Kinda hope they will add the addition of coop "missions" Starcraft 2 did. Really liked those and leveling up each person.

Top Bottom