• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Happy 20th Birthday Rage Racer!

ZeoVGM

Banned
I saw this thread title and my head legitimately felt like it was going to explode because I couldn't remember ever playing Ridge Racer on the NES.

For some reason I played the hell out of this entry to the ridge racer series more than the others. I can still remember all the curb bouncing I did when I played this shit. Still, as frustrating as it got I couldnt put it down. I had to get better, I had to beat it lol

Overall good memories... great music!!

Bane

This is the only game in the series I liked, and I played the shit out of it. To this day I still don't know what it is about this one that hooked me so.

In fact this was the game that really got me into racing games. The only ones I had enjoyed up to then were Mario Kart and Need for Speed on 3DO, but this opened me up to checking out Gran Turismo when it released which led to Forza, more Need for Speed, and others.

qirex

I could basically never play that game well because the physics-defying drift model made absolutely no sense to me. I'm glad other people enjoyed it but that bit where it magically makes the back tires glue back to the road never worked for my brain.

I probably doubled the amount of scanned content there, and I feel good about it.
Where did you get it. I use to find ads and such but never tried content. If course some sites have the whole Mag scanned but still missing a lot.

Like to see these just feel right

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Rage > Type 4

Not sure what people like about Type 4? The visuals are nice but at the expense of frame rate.

Just picked up RR7 the other day at GameStop as a used copy was dirt cheap.

It satisfies the cravings for now, but damn am I really wanting a new one :/

DbaziNews

Neo Member
lead.png

As you can see, the profile states that Bandai Namco is working on an Unannounced IP (First Person Shooter/Adventure Exclusive to the Nintendo Switch), as well as Ridge Racer 8, which is also Switch exclusive.
Source

Sapiens

R4 is better looking but Rage is more fun. Some of those hairpins, especially in the acropolis looking stage are unmatched by R4.

Top Bottom