• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harvest Moon - The Lost Valley: EU release confirmed for Q1 2015

L~A

Natsume just announced via this cool lil' trailer.

YouTube

Global videogames publishers Bergsala Lightweight and Natsume Inc today announces a new publishing deal for Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley, the latest game in the Harvest Moon series. This partnership means that Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley will be released across PAL territories in Q1 2015, exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS.

So, Rising Star Games just confirmed the game will be localised!

English, French, German, Spanish <3

Source

Not to be confused with Story of Season (published by Marvelous/XSEED).

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Was Story of Season already announced for europe ? Dont really care about The Lost Valley.

Was Story of Season already announced for europe ? Dont really care about The Lost Valley.

Not yet but if it's XSeed publishing in NA probs be digital only for Europe =/ I know it sounds ungrateful but wish they'll publish it physically think they should cooperate with Rising Star games to publish in Europe, but without the RSG kinds of delays...

People are so needlessly mean to natsume in the comments of the last video I´ve seen.

I for one welcome the competition in the farming-sim genre and like the minecraft-y elements in TLV ....the character models are horrible though.

Edit: But hey, it might run at more than ...what feels like 23 fps . I´m looking at you, The New Beginning.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I've never played this series, but always wanted to. What are some selling points, and if I liked (insert game here), would I like this?

@MUWANdo

Banned
This game definitely isn't pretty and won't appeal to people who equate Harvest Moon with harem simulators but I've heard promising things about the core farming from people I trust, so I'm willing to give this game a shot.

I haven't been able to seriously play a Harvest Moon since the best version, N64.

But HM64 was the second one made, and nearly every one afterwards had better features and was a better game...

I've never played this series, but always wanted to. What are some selling points, and if I liked (insert game here), would I like this?

Selling points are mostly marriage and building your own farm. As for games they are like? It's a simulation game, so any sort of game like that. Animal Crossing would be a good comparison, only it's not a real time clock. That said, this is NOT the game you want to jump into if you've never played a Harvest Moon game before... At least not until after it's been out a while and we get some solid reviews on whether or not Natsume have killed their own series or not.

L~A

Hmm... Looks like it's actually Rising Star Games "publishing" the game in EU (well, Bergasala DO own 49% of RSG). They're uploading the trailers in various EU languages (FR and DE so far), so I take it they're doing it the right way and are translating the game.

Take that, XSEED :p

I've seen a few people say this game is Harvest Moon x Minecraft and I can see that, the graphics arent to my liking though (which is rather rare as I don't care for graphics).
My biggest concern is the name, I know Natsume own the name 'Harvest Moon' but this isnt Harvest Moon and they know it, it feels like false advertisement to me and trying to trick fans (admittedly the most in the know fans will know this isnt Harvest Moon) into purchasing a game under false pretences.

Wow! Yeah that was, er, something...

Really, I thought New Beginnings looked like a dogs dinner, so how is this that much worse? It looks just awful!

Ryuukan

I've seen a few people say this game is Harvest Moon x Minecraft and I can see that, the graphics arent to my liking though (which is rather are as I don't care for graphics).
My biggest concern is the name, I know Natsume own the name 'Harvest Moon' but this isnt Harvest Moon and they know it, it feels like false advertisement to me and trying to trick fans (admittedly the most in the know fans will know this isnt Harvest Moon) into purchasing a game under false equivalence.

From a business perspective, I would do the same exact thing.

From a consumer perspective, this game is like one of those Disney direct to video sequels

Hmm... Looks like it's actually Rising Star Games publishing the game in EU (well, they DO own 49% of RSG). They're uploading the trailers in various EU languages (FR and DE so far), so I take it they're doing it the right way and are translating the game.

Take that, XSEED :p

Oh so it's them lol, erm, er, give us a physical Story of Season, erm... NISA!

From a business perspective, I would do the same exact thing.

From a consumer perspective, this game is like one of those Disney direct to video sequels

business wise I get it, it just doesnt sit well with me, i'd rather the harvest moon name not used in the future at all. Also i edited my quoted post, i put equivalence instead of pretences, fixed now

Vandole

Can't say I'm interested in this game, but honestly Story of Seasons doesn't have anything new to interest me since HM: New Beginning. I think I'm just going to hold off on any HM games, real or in-name only, until they put it on a console again.

Dragmire

I'm intrigued by the minecraft elements. I personally wish Natsume would make a new HM in the style of A Wonderful Life. The original was janky but I'm tired of the overhead, isometric style.

Top Bottom