• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Has a soundtrack of a game ever on its own convinced you to give a game a chance?

The GBA version of the battle theme of Final Fantasy 6 made me play it.

I ended up not liking the game (Not a single character I liked, besides Gau) but the music was, as it always is the case with Final Fantasy games, fantastic.

Yes, literally just now, although I don't know Japanese (FeelsBadMan) so I'll have to wait for the Western release of this VN (currently scheduled to come sometime next year on Switch and PC).

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
Yea, The Foglands on PSVR2. It's getting absolutely roasted, some of the critiques are valid, most are people just parroting dipshit YT reviewers who were impatient and dumb.
I had some issues at first but the OST is so damn good that I stuck with it, eventually realized what I was doing wrong with certain VR mechanics. Now I'm absolutely hooked on the game and having a freaking blast with it. It still has issues that a patch will hopefully clear up but man, I am so glad I stuck with it cause it's just one of those pleasant surprises that absolutely hooked me. When all is said and done, this might be my personal GOTY for 2023.

The music is twangy spaghetti western style guitar/banjo but it has a well done dynamic aspect; songs will shift into break beat style twang during fights. Boss fight turns into a NIN/horror movie vibe. Super atmospheric at times and clearly inspired by Ennio Morricone (The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly). Melodies have a solid sense of mystery, etc. Safe rooms with the Mine Man have a whimsical nature. Seriously one of the best OSTs I've heard in a long while and looking forward to when it releases on bandcamp.

IAmRei

First Halo and first mass effect, also deus ex hr, and some jrpgs, there are lot of BGM or theme that attract me to play. I can only remember those easily.

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Persona 5.

still haven’t finished it tho :/

nkarafo

Yes, plenty of times. Especially in the 8/16bit generation where they used to have catchy music themes. Not so much these days with the generic "cinematic" soundtrack or ambience though.

Top Bottom