• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatoful Boyfriend: Pigeon Dating Game with Amazing BAD END

Kusagari

hatoful150.jpg

This picture scares me. Look at those evil motherfuckers.

Pietepiet

Trying to get the patch to work, but this is all I get:

hateful.png

I guess I have to install a Japanese language pack or something?

Trying to get the patch to work, but this is all I get:

hateful.png

I guess I have to install a Japanese language pack or something?

You just download the English language patch.

The patch file has a src.fwd file.

Delete the src.fwd from the hatoful folder, then replace it with the one from the patch.

There was a readme in the patch folder that told you how to do this.

Datschge

This is... amazing.

Hmmm... I'm not really sure what the translators were thinking when they changed it then. It just sounds really strange to be talking about your own death (and in that manner).

I think the game always stays in first person on purpose, it even toys with that point of view.

Pietepiet

Delete the src.fwd from the hatoful folder, then replace it with the one from the patch.

That's exactly what I did. Replaced the src.fwd file and everything, but it didn't work. Guess I'll try it again.

Xater

They should feather some of the edges in some of the bird pics.

hatoful05.jpg

Fucking racist assholes!

Jesus this game looks so amazing. I think I should load up some bootcamp to finally give it a whirl myself.

I also need to know if the avian flu is on some level a plot point in this thing. For some reason that would be funny to me.

Pietepiet

Woah, oddly enough my version of the game stopped working too. I just get the squares.

Still having the issue, after trying to install it again.

Anyone got a solution? My only guess is that I need to add a Japanese language pack to Windows 7 because it still uses a Japanese font, but 7 Home won't let me do that apparently.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
After a brief break over the weekend, looks like she'll go for another run later today. Going after the teacher next apparently.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Fucking subscribed! I'll be downloading this as soon as I come home from work AND I HAVE OTHER GAMES TO PLAY!

Won't spoil myself any other endings after reading about the crazy one with the
doctor

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews

I did exactly this and I have the same result as him... RAGE! I want to make some birds into my husbandooooo! I do have a recent version of Quicktime installed.... HELP!

EDIT : Got it working on my own, I "just" had to install East-Asians language for non Unicode text. And Bam! With the patch already installed the game is in english. Though the menus are still in japanese... Still better than nothing while waiting for the official english release.

EDIT : Game is fucking insane, got the speedy BAD ENDING
you get when waiting for the childhood friend in the infirmary at the end of the first school day
and got blueballed AND excited for the final game.
Also got two good endings, one with the shy kid from the library of happens to be
a ghost
and the racist noble dove who in the end was really the sensitive guy
and insecure because deep down he wants to pursue his dream to become a pianist

Shit is crazy, next time I'm seducing the math teacher. Then San for MAXIMUM PUDDING.

shaowebb

I want more of this game. We need sequels and spinoffs with other animals. This is just too demented not to keep seeing.

Jintor

Awesome. I'll finally get to date the pigeon of my dreams. Or rule the world. I have no fucking clue actually, I just know that I want to play this game.

Top Bottom