• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Have you ever had a weird job or experience?

Ionian

Three questions:

1. Why didn't you call the police?
2. Why didn't you tell the school to get him kicked off the board?
3. What the fuck were you parents doing during all this?

My mates Mother was on the board as well, she cleverly asked for any letters I had back so basically I had no evidence. I didn't get on with my parents as a teen, if anything they probably thought I brought it upon myself (I didn't). I was just happy it stopped as had been going on for ages.

The school wouldn't have listened to me, i'd given the evidence back and they were both on the board. Maybe the fact I'm Catholic and was a Protestant cathedral school had a play in it but i'll never know, was so long ago. As mentioned I was in my teens, in my forties now.

Some people are just sick in the head, I was just happy to be vindicated in front of my mates Mother. In retrospect of course I wish I pushed harder. Even funnier, he was at my mates wedding, I was warned ahead of time and wasn't going to cause a scene on his big day in his house. The fucker steered wellllll clear of me, wouldn't make eye contact. A small amount of satisfaction.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
What have you all done to my thread?

Disgusted Charlie Brown GIF by Peanuts

Chronicle

if we could just read it again you wouldn't need to explain it all.

your post was a mess lol.

edit: and you're still not making sense. i don't kno wtf you're on about. that dad sounds creepy though i guess?
He's a millenial. They blame everyone else for not accepting their shortcomings.

Ie. Millenial smoking in a nonsmoking area:
- could you put that out. This is a non smoking area.
- what's your problem duuuuuude. Just be happy. Why are you freaking out, man?

Then they go and snitch and post on social media how you harassed them.

Dark Star

Weirdest is working retail in a mall. You meet the weirdest strangest looking people at major shopping malls lol.

Last edited:

Ionian

He's a millenial. They blame everyone else for not accepting their shortcomings.

Ie. Millenial smoking in a nonsmoking area:
- could you put that out. This is a non smoking area.
- what's your problem duuuuuude. Just be happy. Why are you freaking out, man?

Then they go and snitch and post on social media how you harassed them.

I explained it that many many times in posts you'd have to be borderline-retarded to not get get it had you bothered to read them.

(Don't believe me look at my previous posts, not posting it again).

Your avatar is perfect, please never change it.

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
At my first office job, I was working one day. Noticed my coworker, a milfy Latina I was into, browsing her phone. I asked what she was up to. She said she was shopping for a new dildo. I didn't believe her, so she showed me her screen. She was in fact browsing for dildos.

I just turned bright red. She started laughing at how much I was blushing. All my other workers were older women, and they started laughing too.

Ionian

Weirdest is working retail in a mall. You meet the weirdest strangest looking people at major shopping malls lol.

Not gonna lie, when in hospital I explored. Top floor was always quiet.

Had a smoke on the top floor and got caught (I Probably posted about this before).

Hospital is built on top of a gas works (It is and there is no true reasonsing unless danger to life). self Just regulations.

Used to visit my mother when she had my sisters in the smoking room (HATED it).

Still got 1 brother and six sisters and they had a room to smoke.

NB: Smoking is disgusting, everyone should be helped to quit. Myselfcluded has tried/trying.

But a tiny maternity room (not outside and not a ward) with everyone smoking away, that was designated;

Yeah i'll chance that top floor for 5 minutes a day if I think it's feasible. There's no one there.

Actually tried to buy cigaretteres there, of course they don't sell them so gave me me a walker and pointed me down the road. I was so embarrassed but fair is fair.

All cobblestone pathways, steep ups and downs, I could barely walk as it was. Got to the shop, walked in, was greated by by a shop servant.

Asked me what I wanted. Told him 20 Malboro Lights. He said I was in a bank.

Getting back up those cobblestones was something else. I still laugh though.

I'm probably gonna have to see them again. At least I know where to buy smokes from though.

Ionian

Ionian Ionian no way you can read that post you made and think that makes sense. I mean come on.

Prob could be better formatted.

Would you like me to?

Me in hospital;

Had to smoke outside and got smoking on the top floor.

My Mother in Hospital showed me a different hospital as a child.

Now stop with your shit and get with your stories.

Ionian

Ionian Ionian no way you can read that post you made and think that makes sense. I mean come on.

If I have to simplify it or simply not post I will if if it's confusing you.

However I'm fine for now.

I told a story. Perhaps my stories should be more simple, so easier to digest?

They're dumb stories, read them back and the formatting seems fine and I didn't attack anyone. What is is the issue?

EDIT: Never glorified myself in any way, if anything I sounded like a dump. Maybe make myself sound cooler? They're all pretty clear.

Point being just what I thought were funny stories. You didn't like them? Well ...

How many people moaning posted their own? haha

/clockstart

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
If I have to simplify it or simply not post I will if if it's confusing you.

However I'm fine for now.

I told a story. Perhaps my stories should be more simple, so easier to digest?

They're dumb stories, read them back and the formatting seems fine and I didn't attack anyone. What is is the issue?

EDIT: Never glorified myself in any way, if anything I sounded like a dump. Maybe make myself sound cooler? They're all pretty clear.

Point being just what I thought were funny stories. You didn't like them? Well ...

How many people moaning posted their own? haha

/clockstart
It isn’t that you are too complex or anything. It is they way you write makes sense to you because you have an internal context that nobody else does. You write in a staccato Incomplete sentence format that is very hard for a reader to follow. Like the phrase “me in a hospital” should read “I was in a hospital and I wanted to smoke, but I didn’t go outside I went to the top floor which was always abandoned and quiet, but I got caught”.

If you wrote in complete sentences and not just a bullet point stream of thought it would help the reader.

I’m not perfect either.

Ionian

Couple here -
  • Bootleg bookies cashier - as a teenager I had a mate whose dad used to run the illegal betting on big events at the local sports club and I'd cashier for him, recording the bets/slips and handling the cash/customers as well as updating the notice/odds board. What was weird about it was seeing into the adult societal pecking order to the extent of rivals, gambling addicts and drunks. Kids, families, allies and rivals on the tennis courts now sharing a bet, across various sports and events of the year too. That dad never lost shit, every single year some dads would try to group bet and hurt him big time as he was rolling way in front house wins wise. They'd had enough of the better part of a decade losing their money to him directly. Weird taking bets from 10 year olds and then their mum dressed to the social nines with the follow up dad well past tipsy with his tennis weekly buddies too.
  • Any retail job ever - the weirdest people and shit happens working retail or events management. I chased drugged out thieves stealing $5K software to helping an old lady pull out $6,500 cash out back in the staff zone so she can pay for her PC e.g. cash in her top, bra, socks, stroller and everywhere else she had wads of cash hidden.
  • Work experience job in a tech dept for a big university - I had to install 2 computer lab rooms of graphics hardware and run enormous tape backup rotations of mountains of daily uni data. An inexperienced 18 year old learning on the job gets full tech access across all of a major Australian university. Shit would never happen in this day and age.
  • After selling, installing and supporting a 200 PC network to a client he invited me over for dinner with his family and then proceeded to offer me a tech lead job in charge of digital radio satellites for AsiaPac. I don't know anything about satellites or digital radio.
  • Web development - client from a mutual client comes to me wanting to setup an entire cam girls site, before things like Chaturbate etc. Literally down to hiring models from overseas with rooms he'd pay to setup and everything. I never took another meeting or phone call from that guy ever again. Years later he started a site around car dating via bumper stickers but he seeded the community profiles with 4,000 fake ladies/photos etc. Absolutely weird as fuck dude.

Last one reminds me of Barcelona, used to see to set up offices there.

Mates, Father had the biggest thing going in the area with cat houses.

The stories were legendary but were always how some overspent and got beat by the abusive pimp/partner or the girl needed a new place to stay for xyz reason.

Ionian

It isn’t that you are too complex or anything. It is they way you write makes sense to you because you have an internal context that nobody else does. You write in a staccato Incomplete sentence format that is very hard for a reader to follow. Like the phrase “me in a hospital” should read “I was in a hospital and I wanted to smoke, but I didn’t go outside I went to the top floor which was always abandoned and quiet, but I got caught”.

If you wrote in complete sentences and not just a bullet point stream of thought it would help the reader.

I’m not perfect either.

Oh
Fuck
Off

Does that do it it for you? My writing is fine. What is your issue with me? I'm a native English speaker that did did superb in my final exams, fucking love Shakespeare of all things. (For exams).

But did end up with some damage thanks to taxis hitting me, I posted about it whilst I was in hospital getting treated. Spent last Christmas there watching people die, a joyous time. I posted here then too.

Now wind wind your fucking neck in. I never insulted you once you moron.

Or even better, show me your writing credentials. :D

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Oh
Fuck
Off

Does that do it it for you? My writing is fine. What is your issue with me? I'm a native English speaker that did did superb in my final exams, fucking love Shakespeare of all things. (For exams).

But did end up with some damage thanks to taxis hitting me, I posted about it whilst I was in hospital getting treated. Spent last Christmas there watching people die, a joyous time. I posted here then too.

Now wind wind your fucking neck in. I never insulted you once you moron.

Or even better, show me your writing credentials. :D

I’m not trying to insult you, you are cool. And I enjoy your stories. They are just weird to follow. But it is ok. I write all the time, but I’m not credentialed. I was not trying to cause you consternation so please keep sharing.

Ionian

I’m not trying to insult you, you are cool. And I enjoy your stories. They are just weird to follow. But it is ok. I write all the time, but I’m not credentialed. I was not trying to cause you consternation so please keep sharing.
pfffffffffffffffffffffffft

Ionian

I don’t know how it got in the quote. But nobody is trying to own anything or anyone. If you want to own me, fine own away. 😀

I don't need to, you did it to yourself in spectacular fashion.

Like someone shouting at themselves in a mirror.

I had only woken up for a piss.

You're the person with the problem buddy, not me. I tend to pick fights over things worth it and on the internet is next to never.

Patrick S.

Banned
LMAO. That came out of nowhere, thanks though as I busted up laughing!

Being angry on the internet, a tale by 'Chronicle'. hahaha

Also check your rectum before you wreck 'em. ;)
Dude, they put up your trampoline too close to the ceiling when you were a kid, didn't they?

Top Bottom