• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hawked (Fortnite X Tarkov) gameplay trailer...

supernova8

Banned
Episode 2 No GIF by America's Got Talent

for the following reasons:
1) obnoxious pop-y hippity hop music or whatever that bullshit genre of music that game companies seem to be incapable of not using these days
2) literally just looks like a mod for Fortnite
3) the annoying "BANG!" animation every time you shoot your gun, fuck off
4) fake "voicechat" at the end lol

cut it out nah bro GIF by Martellus Bennett

Last edited:

Roberts

I watching this and thinking to myself that only Russians are capable of stealing others (especially popular) ideas so blatantly. Checked the developer online, disappointed at first because they seem to be located in Netherlands, but then, boom, Russians after all.

Spyxos

Gold Member
I will probably try it out, but this character and monster design are not my cup of tea and I play Fortnite from time to time.

Wildebeest

The cute graphics will distract you from the fact that half the players are 30 year old cheaters who are trying to make a living off the game by selling loot for cash.

DAHGAMING

Gold Member
This is the sort of game we all come on here and laugh at, say were to manly for this shit, but without knowing were playing it together on the regs.

MiguelItUp

its a no from me dawg GIF

The music alone turned me off almost immediately. I don't say this often, but the look and art style looks like a blatant attempt to hit that Fortnite vein. This also doesn't look like a passion project to me at all, it looks more like a "let's throw spaghetti at the wall and hope that something sticks" project.

VN1X

Banned
Really looking forward to giving this a go tomorrow. I sound like a broken reckon but I'm a sucker for stylized art styles and some of the character design themselves seems really detailed as well. Also kind of surprised by how far along it looks already.

Of course it will draw loads of comparisons to something like Fortnite and I don't doubt that it's heavily inspired by it but I'm not one of those people who thinks that two similar things can't exist at the same lol.

EDIT: For those on the fence I think LevelCap did a good overview:

Last edited:

Puscifer

Episode 2 No GIF by America's Got Talent's Got Talent

for the following reasons:
1) obnoxious pop-y hippity hop music or whatever that bullshit genre of music that game companies seem to be incapable of not using these days
2) literally just looks like a mod for Fortnite
3) the annoying "BANG!" animation every time you shoot your gun, fuck off
4) fake "voicechat" at the end lol

cut it out nah bro GIF by Martellus Bennett

It'll be damn hilarious when 2-3 months from now Epic does what Epic does and just incorporates what imitators are trying to do right into Fortnite and killing it from the jump.

stickkidsam

Looks fun, though the art style being so close to Fortnite ain't gonna help it stand out lol

I'll have to give it a BANG!

nikos

Two questions...

Roughly how long is the average team fight?

Does the game make retreat a viable option?

Too early for me to tell since I've only played a few matches. They weren't super short but also not long. Running seems like it could be a viable option depending on how aggressive the other team is. Main issue now is having to play with random teammates who usually tend to do their own thing. I don't feel like I've had the proper game experience yet.

Fuz

Banned

This doesn't look like a NeoGAF type of game but it does seem to be doing a few interesting things in the genre. Also surprisingly polished + big budget for a game from an unknown developer.

IGN preview below...

Why THE FUCK you don't want to see what's on your left?

mockingjay part 2 im losing my mind GIF

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
First closed test I participated in was a cluster fuck, massive stutters with every player encounter/fire fight. This new beta runs until the 4th of this month I believe so I'll check it out again this weekend!

Last edited:
Top Bottom