• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC game specific features and trailers thread.

hlm666

There are often PC games and features specific to them that get lost to time and space. So i've made this general thread in an attempt to have a place where everyone can post them and we have a place where no feature or game is too small and gets no mention. As long as someone is interested in them enough to post some info about it. This is not intended to be only about nvidia even though my opening post is probably going to feel that way because they dropped a few trailers at ces by the look. I welcome AMD and dev specific pc trailers and information in here and look forward to seeing them.

First up Pax Dei, probably just reconstruction here and maybe frame gen seeing it's ue5.

This one I hadn't heard of before, seems to be a pvpve game, some kind of extraction thing like tarkov or probably closer to the game embark are doing like this.

This one i've been waiting for, coop survival type game using a voxel engine. Nearly everything is destructable except some set pieces I think.
Looks like just reconstruction.

This is a korean mmo, released in korea already. Global release soon apparently. I don't play mmos anymore so this doesn't do much for me.

Hadn't heard of this either, some kind of space strategy game which is in my wheelhouse.

This is a recently released AMD sponsored title, seems like fsr only but is being marketed towards the AMD powered handhelds so should run well on those.

I didn't bother with the games that have a recent thread already.

nemiroff

Gold Member
This one i've been waiting for, coop survival type game using a voxel engine. Nearly everything is destructable except some set pieces I think.

Yes, this one is for sure in my wishlist. It's like a better Valheim, and without the procedural generation. Seems like a lot of people are excited about it.

Last edited:

hlm666

Tekken 8 will have dlss reconstruction, maybe dlaa that would be more useful for something like this on the high end anyway.

hlm666

This is something like conan exiles I think. You can have a look for free in the up coming test this month if that's your kind of thing. I'll be busy with enshrouded.

calistan

Have you noticed what DLSS seems to do to that Enshrouded game? The compression artefacts are particularly heavy in this section next to the pink tree at around 40 seconds in the video.

MnS3ZaZ.jpg

hlm666

Have you noticed what DLSS seems to do to that Enshrouded game? The compression artefacts are particularly heavy in this section next to the pink tree at around 40 seconds in the video.

MnS3ZaZ.jpg
Interesting, looks like it's having issues with the volumetrics. There is some flicker in the none dlss capture aswell and I didn't notice that in the the 8 hour demo released before xmas. Hopefully it's cleaned up a bit because it's a pretty heavy game and most will need to use reconstruction. I have a feeling they may have reduced the quality of those effects because I was only getting 70fps at 1440p in the demo and here they seem to be getting that at 2160p.

hlm666

The trailer for this game called gray zone came out a a month or so ago, there seems to be more info about it coming out. If extraction shooters are your thing there's more details in this video.

hlm666

Interested to know if this runs well on Steam deck.
I grabbed it and have been playing it. The performance is all over the place on my 4090 but the frame time graph bar is flat like a perfectly locked framerate but it feels like 15 fps at times. I'm not sure if afterburner/riva tuner are not reporting properly or what. I havn't tried lowering the graphic settings at all yet, it has fsr support though which might help the deck out.
I honestly feel bad for this release because it's on my wishlist and genuinely looks good, but happened to launch shortly after Palworld which is taking up a large portion of Steam users attention.
I kind of did aswell until I bought and started playing. But honestly this feels in a rougher state than palworld. It's really bloody hard going back to the crafting system not able to use resources in storage like palworld does, every survival/crafting game needs to start doing this. I think Ark did it aswell, although I can't remember if that was storage containers or just dino inventories.

hlm666

Forbidden West PC feature trailer, all 3 upscalers supported along with direct storage support. Ultra wide and dual sense haptics round out the features.

hlm666

Sons of the Forest 1.0 release trailer. I finished it in early access ages ago and there seems to be a fair bit new judging by this trailer, wonder if they added some way to move gliders as they were a little useless once you go to low elevation.

T-Cake

I love the Borderlands 2 PhysX but I think there is an unpatched issue if you run it on anything other than "medium" setting.

hlm666

This releases in a few days, I don't think it's my kind of thing but i'm honestly not quite sure seeing the trailer doesn't really make it clear.

"Myth of Empires is a multiplayer war sandbox game featuring a high degree of freedom. Players must survive, craft, create, and lead troops in their quest to conquer territory and build their own empire."

hlm666

This extraction shooter comes out in march, it's apparently a popular genre but outside of tarkov I don't know many people into them. I did like hunt showdown I guess.

Top Bottom